PDA

View Full Version : motorised dish what config for both tuners ??

jake77
17-11-13, 14:31
Hi sorry for making 1st post asking for assistance what I need to know is the config for both tuners I am familiar with the settings
for single tuner usually SIMPLE LONG LAT settings so I know they are correct.My setup is single cable from motor if I make both tuners the same when recording
all I get is a black screen with dish icon flashing I have tried all the settings in config menu with no joy .Do I need 2 cables from different sources for this to work so far I have tried VIX image and PLI

many thanks

Rob van der Does
17-11-13, 15:01
Connect the coax to tuner B and set tuner A to 'loopthrough to tuner B'.

Be aware: this works in all images except PLi (PLi doesn't support the internal loopthrough).

jake77
17-11-13, 15:19
Connect the coax to tuner B and set tuner A to 'loopthrough to tuner B'.

Be aware: this works in all images except PLi (PLi doesn't support the internal loopthrough).

Thanks m8 will try that with the vix image could be that PLI has been the problem I am used to the dreambox only had this one a few days
many thanks

jake77
17-11-13, 15:46
Thanks m8 will try that with the vix image could be that PLI has been the problem I am used to the dreambox only had this one a few days
many thanks

Well no joy with that it just acts like a single tuner on vix image pressing the red button to record causes channels on different freq
to grey out wondering if tuner has a fault
thanks for help

Rob van der Does
17-11-13, 15:50
Grey-out means that E2 knows it can't 'see' the service.
Is it about services on another satellite?
Or in another 'quadrant' (High/Low-frequency Hor/Vert-polarisation)? As obviously a loopthrough has serious limitations.

hilly
17-11-13, 15:54
you cant use both tuners from a motorised dish.You need a tuner set to usals and a fixed dish to other tuner.

jake77
17-11-13, 16:01
Grey-out means that E2 knows it can't 'see' the service.
Is it about services on another satellite?
Or in another 'quadrant' (High/Low-frequency Hor/Vert-polarisation)? As obviously a loopthrough has serious limitations.

the settings I am using are catseye always been good the only sat I have tried is astra 28 east I would have thought the config
would have been would have been straight forward
thanks again will try another image

Rob van der Does
17-11-13, 16:23
you cant use both tuners from a motorised dish.You need a tuner set to usals and a fixed dish to other tuner.
Nope, that's not correct.
Why do you think that?

Rob van der Does
17-11-13, 16:25
the settings I am using are catseye always been good the only sat I have tried is astra 28 east I would have thought the config would have been would have been straight forward
thanks again will try another image
It is rather straight forward. And on every image the tuner setup will have to be the same.

jake77
17-11-13, 16:44
It is rather straight forward. And on every image the tuner setup will have to be the same.

Well I can only assume the box is faulty been at it for hours now tried all I can think of if settings are the same on a&b when recording
if I change channels on same sat the screen goes black with dish icon flashing .Also noticed when recording it cannot be stopped unless
you delete the recording while in progress. It looks like I will have return it to the sponsors convinced it is faulty cant see it being that buggy back to the dreambox I think
If it was the case that it needed 2 dishes or lnbs would never have considered buying it

thanks for help

Rob van der Does
17-11-13, 17:04
Back to the basics and calme please. Surely something in your setup is wrong. There is nothing 'buggy'.

First make sure the coax is connected to tuner B and tuner A is configured as lopthrough.
Secondly: when a recording is in progress look at your channel list and see if any channels are not greyed out. As I said before: if they are, E2 'knows' they can't be received atm due to the constraints of a loopthrough.

Regarding stopping a recording: how did you try that?

Sicilian
17-11-13, 17:17
Please post your exact tuner settings for each tuner and exactly how each tuner is connected to your dish/lnb/dishes.

For both tuners to work fully correctly you need to two independent feeds from at least a twin output LNB.

For instance.

Tuner A
Simple
Positioner
Add your long/lat.

Tuner B
Second feed from motorised LNB.

hilly
17-11-13, 17:32
Please post your exact tuner settings for each tuner and exactly how each tuner is connected to your dish/lnb/dishes.

For both tuners to work fully correctly you need to two independent feeds from at least a twin output LNB.

For instance.

Tuner A
Simple
Positioner
Add your long/lat.

Tuner B

this is what i was thinking.

jake77
17-11-13, 18:28

For instance.

Tuner A
Simple
Positioner
Add your long/lat.

Tuner B

Thanks that's were it is wrong thought maybe there was a way round it in the sat config to run another another cable would be too much work for the gain as my cable route is very awkward
many thanks for replies

jake77
17-11-13, 19:03
Back to the basics and calme please. Surely something in your setup is wrong. There is nothing 'buggy'.

First make sure the coax is connected to tuner B and tuner A is configured as lopthrough.
Secondly: when a recording is in progress look at your channel list and see if any channels are not greyed out. As I said before: if they are, E2 'knows' they can't be received atm due to the constraints of a loopthrough.

Regarding stopping a recording: how did you try that?

Hi thanks the recording I think is just been caused by the messing about with box as on reboot it comes back to normal
I have tried the loop through as you suggested but without success in pli or vix not tried any other image it is looking like it will have to be 2 cables to work

many thanks for help

Rob van der Does
17-11-13, 21:39
Sure you can use the loopthrough, I do that as well, but the functionality of the second tuner is very limited as I explained above.

jake77
18-11-13, 20:17
Thanks guys for advice put a second dish up today all working

cheers