PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Testing that USB tuner fully working

duoduo
17-11-13, 12:44
Hi guys,

Looking for some help please, a couple of nights ago I was recording something on itv2 and 4hd at the same time, I'm not entirely sure which tuners were in use however when I looked at info bar whilst on Itvhd it did say tuner b was in use. The question(s) I have are how can you programme which tuner to use when making more than one simultaneous recording? How can I test if my usb tuner us fully working? The reason I ask the last question is whilst I was using the only available tuner ie tuner B, I could only select about 5 free to air channels the rest were unavailable. My tuner b is setup the same as tuner A which is all my 28.2e channels.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Osamo1956
17-11-13, 18:42
If A & B tuners are BOTH set to simple/single, then they should automatically select each other to avoid conflicts.
But when a USB tuner is added (I'm assuming a terrestrial) your receiver will not see it as one of its resident tuners. So it wont automatically be an auto-select tuner.
The answer is to set 'Alternatives' for the USB Tuner channels.
By setting alternatives you are effectively 'one-by-one' programming your receiver to use the USB tuner when the internal tuners are busy and vice versa.
BUT I 'do' remember that it's a bit of a slog.
I did it a while back so would need to remind myself as to how it's done. Unless someone else can jump in at this stage.

duoduo
17-11-13, 19:03
Thank you Osama for your response, if anyone can provide tutorial for his suggestion much appreciated.

judge
17-11-13, 19:08
So, you have 3 tuners?
2 internal & 1 external? if so, is the external a DVB-T or DVB-S? and how is that configured?

duoduo
17-11-13, 19:35
Yes sorry should have confirmed, 2 internal 28.2e fixed and dvb-t. The option I chose was crystal palace although I live no where near lol. Today this isn't picking up any channels I have noticed so did scan on a western Europe and eventually found all local.

judge
17-11-13, 19:42
The scan I do is on Europe, Middle East, Africa: DVB-T Frequencies.
To test Tuner C is working, start a recording on BBC1 HD & CH4HD, that should tie up tuners A & B.
Then try switching to one of your DVB-T channels & you will see tuners A,B & C being used in the infobar.

duoduo
17-11-13, 19:48
Yes that's the one I was using Judge, I will try shortly after putting kids to bed and report back.

duoduo
17-11-13, 20:59
Ok figured out my issue, if I record Itvhd and say sky sports news at the same time they take up tuner a and b I am then left with lots of greyed out channel options. I couldn't get my head around this because of Having the usb tuner activated, I thought I could then select for example itv or BBC (all free to air). I can just not at the front end of my channel list, so when I press down button these channels are greyed out, to use tuner c channels I need to start at 6001. Also my scan on tuner c doesn't show hd versions of fta.

Outcome is tuner c works albeit just not as I expected ie 101-105 not available as part of tuner c (unless someone can tell me different)

judge
17-11-13, 21:04
Run a scan of your DVB-T, these channels will then be found in the last scanned bouquet.
Use an app like DBEdit to move them around, create a DVB-T bouquet or mix up your bouquets.

You can then also set alternative services to go from your DVB-S to DVB-T channels when tuners are being used.

duoduo
17-11-13, 21:10
Run a scan of your DVB-T, these channels will then be found in the last scanned bouquet.
Use an app like DBEdit to move them around, create a DVB-T bouquet or mix up your bouquets.

You can then also set alternative services to go from your DVB-S to DVB-T channels when tuners are being used.

Ran the scan about 30 mins ago judge, no hd versions shown. Will I have to do this via DBEdit every time I update and will it save after each abm update?

How do I set alt services please?

judge
17-11-13, 21:11
Using DBEdit, or the remote.
Bring up the channel list, highlight a channel, press menu -> add alternatives.