PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Network mount issue

XRD
17-11-13, 00:54
Hi, I'm trying to add network mounts for the first time (I had done it on much earlier images with no problems) and after replicating my own screenshots with all the settings, instead of adding a new mount, it says 'you have changed the share name! Update existing entry and continue?' giving a yes/no option. It then instantly tells me my network mount has been updated, despite it never having been created initially to even be updated. Has anyone else experienced this?

Rob van der Does
17-11-13, 06:42
No.
Please have a look at mountsmanagement if any mount is there (and delete it if required).

Anyway: does the mount work?

XRD
17-11-13, 11:54
Mounts management is blank, the mount is CIFS, I've installed Samba and NFS, I've created an admin user vu/vu for it in the past and had no problems with it. Share is on 192.168.0.5 and called tv. Using the exact settings I've always used in the past. I quickly tried latest 'clean' image of BlackHole image and that was able to mount, so I assumed it was a setting problem on my part, so I reflashed the latest image and started from scratch but still no luck. Automounts.xml is being created when I mount the files in etc/enigma2 but it's always blank where the mounts should be.

XRD
17-11-13, 22:09
Think it may be related to the Samba service on the Duo? Looking at the log, it says on multiple lines upon starting the service:

Error: smbd is already running. File /var/run/smbd.pid exists and process id <various numbers> is running.