PDA

View Full Version : SKY.HD Skin +cool tv guide skin

abell431
16-11-13, 00:42
Hi this is my first skin and I used the skin elegance.hd as a base. It is spposed to resemble the sky hd box. It took me quite long to make and I still have other things to finish off but I hope you like it.

The only cool tv guide screen that I have finished is cool tiny guide, I should be able to sort the other ones out when I have time.

I am not sure how to create an ipk package so just ftp the file into the skins folder
Tested only on Nbox 5800sx

For me second infobar is not working. If it is working for somebody else or if you know how to fix it please tell me. Thanks
To install skin
copy font to usr/lib/share/fonts
copy skin to usr/lib/share/enigma2

To install the cool tv guide skin just ftp the files into the right place in user/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/CoolTvGuide/Cool3d/mydesign
and
user/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/CoolTvGuide/Cool3d/menu
and user/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/CoolTvGuide/CoolSkin

Thanks and please leave feedback

Downloads -

=============================

Here is v0.2

Things have been tidied up a bit
Created an ipk package that should work
Changed the listbox selected to be more like sky

sencond infobar still not working for me( as seen in pic)

New bootlogo

3043530437 304363043830440

seame
16-11-13, 00:56
From the images it looks like you've done an excellent job. I'm sure you'll find a few people on here with the knowledge to help you develop the skin further.

abell431
16-11-13, 01:06
Thanks ill upload more screengrabs tomorrow to show the rest of the skin. :)

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

sluggsy
16-11-13, 02:00
will it work on vu solo 2?

abell431
16-11-13, 12:01
will have IPK ready soon

abell431
16-11-13, 12:02
Hi I am not sure as I do not have a vu box. Other people on this forum will know but I think things might need to be changed (file stucture?) for it to work.
At the moment it works on openpli etc

Larry-G
16-11-13, 12:04
will it work on vu solo 2?

Best way to find out is to try it your self, make a set of backups first.

TK4|2|1
16-11-13, 19:41
Looks good, gonna try it now.

Sent by pressing buttons.

Mr. Mister
16-11-13, 20:24
Just for the record.. I have installed this skin via ipk file.. and had a play for a few minutes..

This skin is working fine on GB Quad.. 2nd info bar is also working..

Please just ask if you want anything else tested.. and i will post here..

Just one small criticism.. When you press the down button to bring up channel list.. That menu is alot smaller and is not full size screen..

abell431
16-11-13, 20:30
Glad its working. Wish second info bar worked for me.. I will make the channel selection full screen and see how it looks.
Thanks for testing.

duoduo
16-11-13, 20:35
Congratulations on what is looking like a great skin, I'm sure quite a few members will be very pleased with this. I like the sky skin but weeks love to see it in a transparent format of possible?

abell431
16-11-13, 20:39
Congratulations on what is looking like a great skin, I'm sure quite a few members will be very pleased with this. I like the sky skin but weeks love to see it in a transparent format of possible?

Hi thanks for the feedback! I am not really sure how I could make a transparent version. What bits do you want to be transparent?

duoduo
16-11-13, 20:45
Please don't worry about this for me, I think it is fantastic that you have done what you have. I would love to have a go at my own skin one day. The main transparent parts would be info bars, quick epg screen.

Larry-G
16-11-13, 21:10
Congrats on your work i'm very impressed, not my personal taste but i'm still impressed.

Please do keep up the excellent work, it is greatly appreciated.

Mr. Mister
16-11-13, 21:14
Recording timers also set.. and they have also started without any problems..

Red button for the full 7 day guide is also working well.. Although IMO.. The text is just a little small..

Another small issue.. When you press the OK button for 1st info bar.. You will see some of the text a little squeezed..

In particualar.. The part that says : Started+144 Minsago

Please see attached image..

abell431
16-11-13, 21:30
Thanks, will be fixed in next update with number of other fixes

abu baniaz
16-11-13, 21:38
Keep up the good work.

judge
16-11-13, 21:40
Nice work so far, thank you.

You should probably also remove the channel number from the infobars as this can be turned on/off using inbuilt image options.

abell431
16-11-13, 21:44
Nice work so far, thank you.

You should probably also remove the channel number from the infobars as this can be turned on/off using inbuilt image options.

Hmm not sure about number because I want the skin to be available for all images not just vix and some images this is not possible..

offtopic: Haha Im watching the same program atm

abell431
16-11-13, 21:46
Should I keep picons in the infobar or not? not sure because it is different from the original sky design..

judge
16-11-13, 21:49
Should I keep picons in the infobar or not? not sure because it is different from the original sky design..
Personally, I'd keep them or you'll have loads of folks asking how to enable them...

abu baniaz
16-11-13, 21:57
Who knows, Sky may even add picons to their skin. Looks better.

stav81244
16-11-13, 22:01
If you get the same colour background for the picons and make them slightly larger they should look good it's because it has a black background you think it looks odd

TK4|2|1
16-11-13, 22:07
Epg isn't skinned, I don't use coolTV guide.

abell431
16-11-13, 22:09
I will look into skinning it but I don't have vix :( so wouldn't be able to test. I have other priorities at the moment though

Rob van der Does
17-11-13, 08:15
I will look into skinning it but I don't have vix ....
We can get you a copy for free :D

abell431
17-11-13, 10:46
I will look into skinning it but I don't have vix :( so wouldn't be able to test. I have other priorities at the moment though

We can get you a copy for free :D

Hmmm how? :D

Rob van der Does
17-11-13, 10:51
I'll send you one if you promise to skin the ViX-screens as well :p

abell431
17-11-13, 10:53
I'll send you one if you promise to skin the ViX-screens as well :p

That would be awesome! Yeah ill put a lot of effort into them. Promise. :)

abell431
17-11-13, 11:25
Mods can you help me to change the thread title and also the first post. I thinking people are downloading v0.1 as they are not scrolling down

TK4|2|1
17-11-13, 11:30
I'll be buggered if I can get the boot logo to work, I've changed them in the past with no problems??

Stanman
17-11-13, 11:36
I'll be buggered if I can get the boot logo to work, I've changed them in the past with no problems??

The following locations buddy

bootlogos go in usr/share/
Radio logo go in usr/share/enigma2

TK4|2|1
17-11-13, 11:39
The following locations buddy

bootlogos go in usr/share/
Radio logo go in usr/share/enigma2

I know, I've done it before, just this 1 won't show for me??

Larry-G
17-11-13, 11:42
Title changed, when you have updated just post them as normal and a member of staff will move them into the first post for you.

Stanman
17-11-13, 11:45
Did you do a E2 restart or the full restart, just installed here and all working fine, had to do full restart, reboot does not do it.

TK4|2|1
17-11-13, 11:47
Did you do a E2 restart or the full restart, just installed here and all working fine, had to do full restart, reboot does not do it.

Yes, full reboot, now working.

Stanman
17-11-13, 12:13
I don't if it's been asked but any chance of the record and resolution icon on first infobar?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

abell431
17-11-13, 16:32
Hi guys, here is v0.3. Most time was spent with cool tv guide as I wanted it to be built into the skin for ease of use. Lot of things have been moved in position slightly to look better. Number in infobar still annoying me a bit. I will upload screenshots later probably

Changelog - V0.3

Cool TV skin now built in just change skin to skindesign in cool tv settings :)
Tidied things up
new movie playing bar similar to sky
record symbol shows on infobar

v0.3.1
More fluidity in from infobar to secondinfobar

abell431
17-11-13, 17:26

HughHillen
17-11-13, 19:03
Hi, my name is Hugh, I have a problem recording programs. When I press the red record button 9 out of 10 times a message comes up saying its switching tv channels to recording service but it does not record the program. can anyone help? Thanking you, HughHillen

saggiemaggie7
17-11-13, 19:03
i look forward to seeing the tv guide done for vix i have updated the bootlogo and installed the skin on my vu+ solo running vix and all working good including second info

judge
17-11-13, 19:05
Hi, my name is Hugh, I have a problem recording programs. When I press the red record button 9 out of 10 times a message comes up saying its switching tv channels to recording service but it does not record the program. can anyone help? Thanking you, HughHillen

And, what has this to do with this thread?

duoduo
17-11-13, 19:06
Hi guys, here is v0.3. Most time was spent with cool tv guide as I wanted it to be built into the skin for ease of use. Lot of things have been moved in position slightly to look better. Number in infobar still annoying me a bit. I will upload screenshots later probably

Changelog - V0.3

Cool TV skin now built in just change skin to skindesign in cool tv settings :)
Tidied things up
new movie playing bar similar to sky
record symbol shows on infobar

v0.3.1
More fluidity in from infobar to secondinfobar

Does anything else need to be added after installing ipk from first post?

abell431
17-11-13, 19:08
Does anything else need to be added after installing ipk from first post?

Nope but if you want cool TV guide skin then in cool TV guide settings change the skin to 'skin design'

judge
17-11-13, 19:10
Nope but if you want cool TV guide skin then in cool TV guide settings change the skin to 'skin design'

Cool TV Guide isn't fully compatible with ViX, so most users here won't be using it.

duoduo
17-11-13, 19:20
Tv Ocram shd transparent black no padding look good with this skin

TK4|2|1
17-11-13, 19:35
Cool TV Guide isn't fully compatible with ViX, so most users here won't be using it.

Is compatible at all I'd add.

dontknowwho
18-11-13, 14:20
Does this skin work for vix 3.0? tried installing ipk (installs fine), but wont show in skin menu(menu setup system display)??

tried full reboot

vu duo

Mr. Mister
18-11-13, 14:22
You should prolly try Menu > Set Up > System > Skin Set Up

I think you will find it in there..

dontknowwho
18-11-13, 14:26
Crawls off to hide in the corner:baby: thanks for the help

Mr. Mister
18-11-13, 14:39
The thank you button is better than clogging the forum of thanks posts..

saggiemaggie7
19-11-13, 14:45
hi just a quick 1 i have noticed when i press ok i get the infor bar pop up at the bottom and for example it says at the top a programme started +50 mins ago when the programme has +50 mins remaining could this be rectified other than that this skin works perfect on my vu+ solo running vix 3.0

abell431
19-11-13, 23:43
hi just a quick 1 i have noticed when i press ok i get the infor bar pop up at the bottom and for example it says at the top a programme started +50 mins ago when the programme has +50 mins remaining could this be rectified other than that this skin works perfect on my vu+ solo running vix 3.0

Haha never realised that! Although could be next week before next update as I am very busy at the moment

FoxForceFive
27-11-13, 00:51
This looks great!

Very good work!

I personally prefer the transparent skins but this would keep the wife happy!

I'll try it out but can't switch to it for daily use without Vix epg support, are you working on that?

A version of this with some transparency & the vox epg skinned would be my ideal!

fraggle121
01-12-13, 19:07
hi there this is my first post.
I must say the guy who made the skin done a nice job..
one thing
I didn't like was the info bar saying started x mins ago
well I use the first 02 skin on my box and I have edited the skin xml file so it now says stared xxx mins left not ago.
if u want to use this xml just delete your old one and replace it with this.
but im not sure if this xml is ok for the 03 skin..any way give it a go.i have also done my own cool tv skin with sky logos and other stuff.
I am not a programmer so this is the best I can do for now.
also I have to say I am using the skin on a dreambox and works very well.however it only works on older dreambox images otherwise the skin makes the dreambox crash...
just extract the skin xml and swap with your old one..
sorry about spelling I have dyslexia

if u are using the later skin then send me your skin xml file and ill edit it for u and post it here..

hullfc27
01-12-13, 19:17
excellent work but i cant seem to get the cool tv guide to show anywhere? not sure what im doing wrong putting folders where u say cheers

fraggle121
01-12-13, 19:20
what skin are u using and what box.
with my box I had to install cool epg before I put the skin on.
u may find cool epg is not installed.
go to menu then plugins u should see it there if its installed.

FoxForceFive
01-12-13, 19:25
Is there any simple way to get the normal vix epg to match this skin?

fraggle121
01-12-13, 19:30
I don't think u can.
any way cool tv guide is far far better than standard...

FoxForceFive
01-12-13, 19:32
I've used it when I was on a bh image & I liked the fact cool was customisable, but when I came to vix I discovered it was exactly as I'd set cool up to be only without any of the work setting it up!

fraggle121
01-12-13, 19:35
ok then stick with standard epg...

this is my new xml skin I just made it say
started xx min - left looks better

replace the xml file with this in

/usr/share/enigma2/SKY.HD/

remember this is for the first skin that was posted.it might work in the newer skin.if not send me the xml file and ill edit it for u...

Larry-G
01-12-13, 19:58
I don't think u can.
any way cool tv guide is far far better than standard...

Sorry but if your talking about the ViX EPG have to disagree with you, CoolEPG is a pale copy in comparison to the ViX EPG.

fraggle121
01-12-13, 20:07
well I have not seen a vix epg I have only ever used cool epg.
on the dreambox it has a standerd multi epg and its rubbish.
with the cool epg u can customize everything including adding sky logos and all sorts.

as I say I don't know what vix looks like but it sounds ok it dosent sound like its a rubbish one like the standard multi epg on the dreambox
one day I may try a vix image on my dreambox to see what it looks like..if I can get a dreambox 800hd vix image..

FoxForceFive
01-12-13, 20:11
well I have not seen a vix epg I have only ever used cool epg.
on the dreambox it has a standerd multi epg and its rubbish.
with the cool epg u can customize everything including adding sky logos and all sorts.

as I say I don't know what vix looks like but it sounds ok it dosent sound like its a rubbish one like the standard multi epg on the dreambox
one day I may try a vix image on my dreambox to see what it looks like..if I can get a dreambox 800hd vix image..

I went from a dm800 & stuck with bh image for a while, when I switched to vix I was amazed, the epg is like a smoother, more simple to use version of cool.

I would be surprised if cool tv guide wasn't based on Vix guide tbh.

Larry-G
01-12-13, 20:13
Here are a few screen shots of the various ViX EPG screens.

fraggle121
01-12-13, 20:15
im shocked I have to say it is very nice...
similer to cool epg I like it..

I would like to show u some pics of my modded cool epg but my web interface is not working and I don't know how to get a picture of it.
I don't have a camra here at the moment when I do ill take some pics and if any on likes mine then ill post it here..

Larry-G
01-12-13, 20:15
I would be surprised if cool tv guide wasn't based on Vix guide tbh.

Technically it is.

Long story short. Andy and cool created it together, but things did not work out and they parted ways, the ViX EPG was born and so was the closed source CoolEPG.

similar yes, but there are a lot more features in the ViX EPG and it's built into the ViX image at the core level improving performance and more which can not be achieved by a third party plugin.

fraggle121
01-12-13, 20:20
it does sound good I have learned something new..
thanx

FoxForceFive
01-12-13, 20:21
Yep, it definitely improves performance being built in. That's why I would prefer to stick with it, but I'd like this skin too & I can't bear things not matching. Annoying!

I wish I knew enough about skin editing to be able to edit the epg colours to match.

Larry-G
01-12-13, 20:22

I would like to show u some pics of my modded cool epg but my web interface is not working and I don't know how to get a picture of it.
I don't have a camra here at the moment when I do ill take some pics and if any on likes mine then ill post it here..

you can take screen shots via a telnet session easily enough or even with your internet browser.

==============
Screen Grabs/Dumps
grab -o -p /tmp/grab.png [change grab to the file name you want it to be] shows OSD only.
grab -d -p /tmp/grab.png [change grab to the file name you want it to be] shows OSD with channel.

your png files will be sent to /tmp retreive via FTP

====================
screen grab via browser
http://192.168.1.5/grab?format=jpg&r=1920

where, 192.168.1.5 - ip of your receiver
-----------

fraggle121
01-12-13, 20:43
30788307893079030791thanks for that it helped I now have some pics

if any one likes it just ask and ill post the files..
also this is my first mod I will be improving it as I go on..
when I get a pic of my moded info bar ill post that aswell..
hope u like it as I say this is my first atemp....

Larry-G
01-12-13, 20:47
30788307893079030791thanks for that it helped I now have some pics

if any one likes it just ask and ill post the files..
also this is my first mod I will be improving it as I go on..
when I get a pic of my moded info bar ill post that aswell..
hope u like it as I say this is my first atemp....

Very nice, i like it better than sky's own version.

fraggle121
01-12-13, 20:51
heres my modded info bar.

I will be making the cool epg look a lot beter when I have more time30792

FoxForceFive
01-12-13, 20:53
That looks nice mate. I think if you used ocram shd transparent picons it'd look way better too (it basically removes the Black box around the picon).

I've got a link for the new download site for them somewhere, I'll dig it out.

FoxForceFive
01-12-13, 20:57
Here you go, try these, they're ace. Shd transparent will look best I think.

http://picons.bitbucket.org/downloads.html

fraggle121
01-12-13, 21:05
I shall give it a go
ive also changed the default picon so that if u don't have a pcon for the channel u are watching it will show no picon in info bar.
like this

fraggle121
01-12-13, 22:17
I tried the trans picons they look pretty nice..
hers a pic

FoxForceFive
01-12-13, 22:31
Thought you'd like them, that Black box on the original ones spoilt the look a little bit, removing that makes it look cleaner.

Can't wait to try this skin out on my Vu duo. My Psu is playing up so not installing or changing anything until the new one arrives in the week.

fraggle121
02-12-13, 10:20
if im over posting let me know and ill stop...
anyway heres another info bar I have removed the channel number.
just extract the skin xml from rar file and replace your skin xml with this..30811

remember I am using the first version of the skin...

Larry-G
02-12-13, 11:02
if im over posting let me know and ill stop...

Not at all, thats the point of a forum, i only moved the other posts as the thread was starting to go off topic so i split it into two threads.

fraggle121
02-12-13, 11:37
I see I thought u deleted the other posts.
I found them now cheers.....

duoduo
02-12-13, 15:56
[QUOTE=fraggle121;253562]30791

IMO I think this screen would look good transparent as there is no tv preview screen

fraggle121
02-12-13, 16:32
I look into that.
u do get the preview screens on the info guide and easy guide.
but I do see what u meen.....

hullfc27
02-12-13, 18:52
any chance of ipk file for cooltv guide really want this blue epg but cant get it working grrr cheers in advance

fraggle121
02-12-13, 19:16
im not sure how u create a ipk file I haven't looked into it...
u can always downloads a standerd cool epg ipk and install that.
then I can post the skin for it.
all u will need to do is replace the cool epg folder with mine.. its easy

or if someone on the forum tells me how to create the ipk file ill do it...
I don't want to be doing any researching on the subject it takes time..
if its easy enough ill doit.i cant see it being that hard I think I done it before a long time ago and I have forgotten how to do it now.

hullfc27
02-12-13, 19:51
that would be great thanks :)

Mandanddeb
02-12-13, 19:53
Can this be vixed! And added to the feeds antime soon I think its brilliant!!

FoxForceFive
02-12-13, 19:58
Can this be vixed! And added to the feeds antime soon I think its brilliant!!

I too want this to be vixed!

Andy_Hazza
02-12-13, 20:00
Phoenix,
What skin are you using, I've just fallen in luv with it. :p

TK4|2|1
02-12-13, 20:08
Cooltv guide is not compatible with VIX.

Larry-G
02-12-13, 20:14
Phoenix,
What skin are you using, I've just fallen in luv with it. :p

The default ViX Day HD skin, it's in the feeds.

Cooltv guide is not compatible with VIX.

Correct, it should work but it's not fully compatible or mapped properly for ViX, not that it would stop people using it if they wanted to.

Andy_Hazza
02-12-13, 20:36
thanks. what other plugins do you use, like the fonts and graphics etc?

abell431
02-12-13, 20:40
I had sorted a lot of things out but then i deleted the updated version I made arghhh. Will be sorted asap.

abell431
02-12-13, 20:42
does the normal channel selection work ok on vix?

TK4|2|1
03-12-13, 00:22
The default ViX Day HD skin, it's in the feeds.

Correct, it should work but it's not fully compatible or mapped properly for ViX, not that it would stop people using it if they wanted to.

It won't work at all, I've tried.

Larry-G
03-12-13, 00:25
It won't work at all, I've tried.

well your not missing any thing, the default ViX EPG is light years ahead of the CoolEPG offering ( in my opinion ).

TK4|2|1
03-12-13, 00:26
Except you can't customize the coloured buttons or page up and down, perhaps 1 day Andy can add this, then it will be awesomer. (Is that a word??)

Larry-G
03-12-13, 00:31
Except you can't customize the coloured buttons or page up and down, perhaps 1 day Andy can add this, then it will be awesomer. (Is that a word??)

Too much customization in the user's hands is a pain in the neck for andy, just look at the amount of people who cant even submit a proper bug report now then imagine what that number will be if users had multiple customization's running for the various screens. it would take andy months to track down and fix issues. if you still really want to customize buttons try the MQB plugin from the feeds.

fraggle121
03-12-13, 14:36
ive looked into making a ipk file but I either need a hard drive installed in my machine which I don't have or I need a pc with Linux on which I don't have aswell.
so Im afraid I cant do a ipk file for u guys,
however I have sent abell431 a message who created this lovely skin and asked him if he wanted to to make a ipk for his wonderfull skin with my cool skin added so u can choose his cool skin or mine and have the best of both worlds.
however Im not so sure he will want to do it lets hope so.

I hope he dosent think im being rude for asking....

Ten Below
03-12-13, 15:12
ive looked into making a ipk file but I either need a hard drive installed in my machine which I don't have or I need a pc with Linux on which I don't have aswell.
so Im afraid I cant do a ipk file for u guys,
however I have sent abell431 a message who created this lovely skin and asked him if he wanted to to make a ipk for his wonderfull skin with my cool skin added so u can choose his cool skin or mine and have the best of both worlds.
however Im not so sure he will want to do it lets hope so.

I hope he dosent think im being rude for asking....

You can use a usb stick instead of hdd if it is ipkg-tools you were looking at using.

fraggle121
03-12-13, 15:14
cool ill have to look up the commands
I do have a usb stick

fraggle121
03-12-13, 20:50
its to much hassle for me to make the ipk file for my cool epg ..
if anyone wanted one looking like mine its easy to modify yourself and make it the way u like it...

Larry-G
03-12-13, 20:52
if you can put all the necessary files together in one package maybe we can get some one to create the .IPK for you ?, not making any promises as it's not something i can do my self.

fraggle121
03-12-13, 20:59
ill leave it thanx anyway very helpfull

Larry-G
03-12-13, 21:02
one other thing you could try is the .ipk creator by the persian prince, i used a early version once and it worked ok under windows 7 but that was a long time ago.

http://openpli.org/forums/topic/28419-ipk-creator-30-java/

fraggle121
04-12-13, 10:47
hello again im back...
I think I have managed to create a ipk for u to test if u want
this is cool tv guide with my sky skin added...I have a dreambox so I only know for sure it works on that as ive tested on my box only,,,
it is for OE 1.6
if u don't have cool tv guide installed install this then reboot box...or uninstall old cool guide and install mine after..
now u should have cool guide installed. you might need to go into plugins and set cool guide to use my skin very easy..

hope this helps u and I hope u like it.....

remember this is cool tv guide and cool skin only its not the skin your box uses..

if any one likes it ill create a OE 2.o version for other images..30849308503085130852

fraggle121
04-12-13, 11:05
Heres My Cool Guide Sky Style For OE 2.0 Boxes

please test the first one worked ok on my box

fraggle121
04-12-13, 12:23
please delete the last two posts ive checked again and it dosent work...
ill have to post files here and if someone has time perhaps they could make the ipk file

ok this is the files for oe1.6

fraggle121
04-12-13, 13:37
heres the files for OE 2.0 if any one has time to make a ipk

sorry about me making so many post ive tried to delete my old post to clean this up but I don't think I can..

next time ill double check before I make any post as I cant delete them if I made a mistake..

once again im very sorry for my mistakes

bennyxf1
04-12-13, 20:23
Once i install IPK through FTP, i install local extension, but get the message:
Execution progress:

/bin/sh: syntax error unexpected "("
Execution finished!!

Any ideas? I'm lost.
Using vix 3.0 Build 796

I download the ipk to desktop then ftp it over (is this correct)?????

fraggle121
04-12-13, 20:43
don't use the ipk
I made a mistake when I created them that's why I asked for the ipk post to be removed.
the only way u can get it going is to download the proper cool tv guide from here

http://www.cooltvguide.com/
and install that and reboot box I normally unplug power and plug it in again.
then download the oe2.0 files I posted .
extract them
now ftp your box and goto
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions//CoolTVGuide/
u will see 2 folders called Cool3D and CoolSkin these folders are the skin folder for cool guide.
now in the oe2.o file I posted u will see the same folders u need to replace the folder on your box with the folder in my oe2.0. now it should be my sky skin.
if its not go to plugins cool tv guide and change the skin to my desighn now it should work.

this is the only way until someone can create the ipk file with my files.

you only need to replace these two folders with mine Cool3D and CoolSkin

don't forget once u have installed cool guide u need to reboot the box.

and I may be wrong but cool tv guide dosent work on every Linux box also I don't think cool guide works on a vix I don't have a vix box so I cant say for sure...

fraggle121
05-12-13, 10:50
if u have cool guide installed already.

download this and extract it.
now ftp your box and go to

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions//CoolTVGuide/

u will see 2 folders called Cool3D and CoolSkin these folders are the skin folder for cool guide.

delete them and transfere my Cool3D and CoolSkin folders to your box

now u should have my skin..

if its not my skin go to plugins cool tv guide and change the skin to my design now it should work.

let me know if u like it.

one other thing is I have only sky uk channels on my box so I made the skin for sky.
if u have hotbird or any other sats when u use cool guide it will still have the sky logos.....

this is the only way and easy way until someone can make a ipk with my files I don't think any one will make the ipk unless this skin gets good feed back from u guys so test it and post your comments

also if u wanted u can make your own design just customize the colours in my folders to suit u...

this is very easy to do.

let me know if u like it or if you can think of something else that can be done to it to make it better if i can..
im not a programmer so im limited as to what I can do ...

Ten Below
05-12-13, 12:21
this is the only way and easy way until someone can make a ipk with my files I don't think any one will make the ipk unless this skin gets good feed back from u guys so test it and post your comments

Fraggle121,
I sent you a pm the other night with an ipk, guess you never got it buddy. Here is another with the files you just posted to install send the file to /tmp then paste this command into telnet.

opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/coolskin-skyhdmod-fraggle121_05-12-13_mips32el.ipk

Great work by the way, tested on OpenPLI 4.0

fraggle121
05-12-13, 12:47
cool im so glad u liked it and I hope others do to...
thank u for making the ipk.
I tried to make the ipk with ipk creator but I found only one video tutorial and it had no audio it was a bit hard to follow.
I did as they did in the vid but it never worked...
once again thank u m8.now people who don't know how to ftp and replce files can do this so much easier thanks to you...:D

fraggle121
06-12-13, 20:18
my cool sky skin has been downloaded a few times has any one got any comments like improvements and what images it works ok on.
if u like it or not .....
don't be shy this was my first attempt at making the skin.....

abell431
06-12-13, 22:22
Hi sorry it took so long for an update
Sorry no vix integration yet

New version 0.5
Channel list now shows more channels
Tweaked infobar
Cool tv guide skin has been updated

What I would still like to do:
Change the timeshift icons to look more like sky (nothing I have tried works :confused: )
Possibly skin vix screens

Install SH4 veresion if you have a pkteam image otherwise install standard version.

fraggle121
06-12-13, 22:28
looking good

I think ill stop modding my cool guide skin because I think everyone will prefere yours....

abell431
06-12-13, 22:45
I think a lot of people out there will like yours! the only thing I do not like is the use of black as if you look at a sky guide they do not use black anywhere so it looks out of place a bit. I think if you changed the black bits to a different shade of blue it would look really good!

fraggle121
06-12-13, 22:50
I agree with you on the black.....
ill have a play with it tomorrow......

I may be silly but what do u meen change the time shift icons could u show a picture of them so I know what u meen..

abell431
06-12-13, 23:09
I would love it to look like this -

instead of this -

Ten Below
06-12-13, 23:09
looking good

I think ill stop modding my cool guide skin because I think everyone will prefere yours....

I think a lot of people out there will like yours! the only thing I do not like is the use of black as if you look at a sky guide they do not use black anywhere so it looks out of place a bit. I think if you changed the black bits to a different shade of blue it would look really good!

I really think that the pair of you are doing a sterling job so hats off to both of you :thumbsup:
Would be great to see you working together on this but at the same time easy to understand why you may want to go your own ways with it.

Larry-G
06-12-13, 23:29
looking good

Absolutely do not agree, there is more than enough room for you both to either co-operate on a joint project or individual projects, Thats what makes Enigma2 such a great platform, many many devs working on things for the betterment of the community as a whole.

Rob van der Does
07-12-13, 05:12
I would love it to look like this -

instead of this -
As far as I know ViX is the only image in which you can choose to use the defaults (your seconds screenshot) or a custom one (like in your first screenie).

abu baniaz
07-12-13, 09:01
Ronan at ukcvs was doing a similar project. He does the picons for the Commando image. I'll let him know.

Hope it is a case of the more the merrier, rather than too many cooks spoil the broth.

Keep up the good work.

duoduo
07-12-13, 09:46
Hi sorry it took so long for an update
Sorry no vix integration yet

New version 0.5
Channel list now shows more channels
Tweaked infobar
Cool tv guide skin has been updated

What I would still like to do:
Change the timeshift icons to look more like sky (nothing I have tried works :confused: )
Possibly skin vix screens

Install SH4 veresion if you have a pkteam image otherwise install standard version.

Just a suggestion, picture 2,4 & 5 would look great transparent in my opinion. Just saying because when I use to use my skybox it was annoying not being able to see what was on TV when in the menus.

fraggle121
07-12-13, 11:04
that will be 3 people all doing the same thing.
kind of annoyiing spending hours trying to fix something then going to post the fix only to find someone already posted the fix...2mins ago..

ill stand down.and go my own way Ill just stick with my own cool skin.i think its best everyone else stick with adbell431 seeing as he has done such a nice job..

Larry-G
07-12-13, 11:17
that will be 3 people all doing the same thing.
kind of annoyiing spending hours trying to fix something then going to post the fix only to find someone already posted the fix...2mins ago..

ill stand down.and go my own way Ill just stick with my own cool skin.i think its best everyone else stick with adbell431 seeing as he has done such a nice job..

please dont think that your work is not appreciated because it is, ideally you should both have been posting in separate threads updating and maintaining your own work taking your own projects in the direction you want it to go.

fraggle121
07-12-13, 18:34
black removed....

Larry-G
07-12-13, 18:40
black removed....

personally i preferred the black.

fraggle121
07-12-13, 18:43
oh give me a min to go outside and shoot myself....

Larry-G
07-12-13, 18:47
oh give me a min to go outside and shoot myself....

HAHA, one thing you will learn as a skinner is that you can never please every one, best tip i can give is stick to your guns and develop your skin to your taste, by all means adapt it to suite requests if you want but learn when to put your put down and tell people to rack off.

fraggle121
07-12-13, 18:51
that's very true indeed everyones different.......

75mak
08-12-13, 02:32
Wow, some really good work done by you skin modders here. I would love to get these skins working on my vix image

skyboxhd
08-12-13, 03:56
my cool sky skin has been downloaded a few times has any one got any comments like improvements and what images it works ok on.
if u like it or not .....
don't be shy this was my first attempt at making the skin.....

Hi Fraggle121, thanks very much for all your hard work on the skyhdmod skin, iv try'd it on my box ( TM nano ) but i only get the cooltv guide part on my box?, iv frist added the cooltv files and that gave me the skyhd tv guide but when i press up or down on the remote that shows wot's on but not the tv guide it is the same as the skin iv got on, so i try'd the ipk and after sending the command it said that installation was a success but it still only has the skin on the cooltv guide?

hullfc27
08-12-13, 09:11
just installed cool tv guide reset box as advised and i now have some plugins are not available: extensions/cooltvguide(no module named sleeptimeredit) any ideas? thanks

Rob van der Does
08-12-13, 09:30
just installed cool tv guide reset box as advised and i now have some plugins are not available: extensions/cooltvguide(no module named sleeptimeredit) any ideas? thanks
Is this on ViX? That would explain it, as Cool hasn't been made compatible with ViX.

fraggle121
08-12-13, 09:31
I did ask for people to post there comments before like what image they use only 1 person did and he had a openpli same as me.
as above I don't think it works on a vix bit i don't have a vix so cant say for sure.
i do know though that cool guide dosent work on every box that's why it would have been nice to get more feedback ..

the cool ipk that was posted here was just the skin for the cool guide not the skin for your box.
what u may need to do is re install cool tv guide the proper version from here.

or whare ever u got the cool tv guide from before..

then if u want it skinned to look like my guide u install the ipk that was posted
if that dosent work then download the data files I posted and manauly transfer them.
remember this is just the skin for cool guide only. this does not alter the skin on your box.

if u want a skin for your box then download adbell431 ipk on page 12 he has has added his own coolguide skin aswell and he has done a very nice job,,
if u don't like abell431 coolguide skin transfer my data files to the correct location now u will have abdel431 nice skin for foy your box and u will get my cool tv guide skin...

also the cool guide skin I posted is still a work inprogress there may be some probs with it still however I used mainly the tv guide and I sorted that out just fine,,,,

the other skin xml files I posted was just to fix miner things that abdell431 had on his old skin like remaining time and i removed the channel numbers ....just miner touches but i think he has sorted them faults out now with his later ipk he posted

if your still getting probs send me a pm and ill try to talk u through it...

also to get the other guides going when u have sky tv guide screen up i press yellow guideswitch
it will the go through easy guide multi guide and single guide

one other thing is the cool tv guide skin data files i posted was for the blue and black guide it was not for the cool guide i showed im working on at the moment on page 13

fraggle121
08-12-13, 10:24

the cool tv guide files I posted are for the black cool guide not this one yet.u will see pictures of it in the ealier posts

remember the files im am posting are for skinning your cool tv guide only they do not skin your box...

if u want the skin to do all of your box then get abell431 latest files...

Larry-G
08-12-13, 10:51

the cool tv guide files I posted are for the black cool guide not this one yet.u will see pictures of it in the ealier posts

remember the files im am posting are for skinning your cool tv guide only they do not skin your box...

if u want the skin to do all of your box then get abell431 latest files...

probably best to start your own thread now mate as your modifications are becoming confused with abell431's modifications and vice versa.

fraggle121
08-12-13, 10:54
yes I guess so.........

fraggle121
08-12-13, 17:24
ive now started my own thread for cool tv guide skin.
its a skin for cool tv guide only not for skinning the entire box.

my cool epg guide skins can now be found here.....

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33788-Cool-epg-Guide-Sky-Skins&p=254854#post254854

beck
09-12-13, 00:20
Hi I'd really like the looks of your skin fantastic work if I may say so story if I sound like a ding bat hear wil dose the skin work on the vix latest build if so how do I get it on to my box bit new to this sorry

FoxForceFive
14-12-13, 17:46
Started using this skin, looks excellent, Thank you.

Would be almost perfect if the Vix epg was skinned to match too.

Great work, keep it up!

FoxForceFive
14-12-13, 18:01
Ok, slight bug perhaps?

When I press ok for the second info bar screen I get the blue box but it is empty.

My epg is fully populated & it works with other images.

fraggle121
15-12-13, 01:56
are u talking about my sky cool tv guide skin or the sky skin for the box

if u are asking about cool guide the u need to post it here..

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...854#post254854

FoxForceFive
15-12-13, 10:07
I'm talking about the sky skin, not the cool TV skin.

fraggle121
15-12-13, 10:20
ok no probs

pspmixer
16-12-13, 01:14
any one here help me install the .ipk file but info bar its showing up and how do I get bootlogo to work other than that its spot on , im using a open pli image 3 I think thanks

fraggle121
16-12-13, 09:19
ftp the ipk to the tmp
the go to software manager and install local extensions

abell431
21-12-13, 22:22
V0.6

New Recording selection screen
Scrollbar now is yellow
Fixed description in second epg and picon position
Updated second epg screen
New epg selection screen
Running text in description of channel list
Other stuff

abell431
21-12-13, 22:31
also - if yous do not like the movie selection please tell me and I will change it back

Wizard55
22-12-13, 11:04
Stupid question is this the ver of the skin that work ps with vix.

Thanks

Wiz

AJT
22-12-13, 23:47
Hi mate i have it installed on my duo2 running latest vix (808).But i have another mod of this by digidude over at digworld.This gives me a now and next and channel picons in the now and next guild unlike the one here.
sad thing is it wont change the EPG to the sky lookie likie.

My epg is black as im on vix but would love it lightened up.maybe a good way would to install a skin that makes the epg blue then install the sky mod skin as it wont touch the epg files.

abell431
22-12-13, 23:58
Hi mate i have it installed on my duo2 running latest vix (808).But i have another mod of this by digidude over at digworld.this gives me a now and next and channel picons in the now and next guild unlike the one here.
sad thing is it wont chang the EPG to the sky lookie likie.

What does the tvguide look like on my skin

Sent from my K7 using Tapatalk

AJT
23-12-13, 11:00
What does the tvguide look like on my skin

Sent from my K7 using Tapatalk

Hi the tv guild is just black in colour as per vix image nothing changes on the epg but everything else is great.
everything but epg is sky lookie likie.

abell431
23-12-13, 18:51
Here is a preview of the next update

AJT
23-12-13, 23:12
looking good....

thecaretaker
23-12-13, 23:15
I just gave this a try for the first time on my VIX VU+ Ultimo. It looks very good. It definitely has potential and I look forward to trying the updated versions. Well done!

abell431
29-12-13, 21:54
Apparently v7 of cool tv guide will be out in a few days and it will work on vix.

AJT
29-12-13, 22:07
Apparently v7 of cool tv guide will be out in a few days and it will work on vix.

When is your update coming out mate or is it already.?

abell431
29-12-13, 22:28
tonight haven't had a chance to upload it all week

abell431
29-12-13, 22:46
Sorry this took a long time to upload. My ipk creator is not working for some reason so you will just have to overwrite the old files using dcc.

v0.7
Massive update to cool tv guide. Looks A lot more like sky now :)
Added new buttons
Now and next in second infobar screen
New movie selection screen. 'Sky planner'
New record icon

rossi2000
30-12-13, 00:29
hi

on the planner screen, you can see the tv picture along the left side and along the top, its a few pixels wide at most.

the channel selection screen doenst fill up the screen aswell its just a window in the middle of the screen. half of the picon is missing on the right hand side, maybe due to the screen not been used full size.

nice version of the sly skin. ta

Rob van der Does
30-12-13, 04:57
Sorry this took a long time to upload. My ipk creator is not working for some reason so you will just have to overwrite the old files using dcc.

v0.7
Added new buttons
New record icon

Please allow me a few remarks.
1- IMHO the picon2 rendere isn't needed; picons are always scaled to the correct dimensions.
2- The buttons in the plugin browser are not correct (too many and no label). The same applies to more screens (I think the general setup screen).
3- Hint text doesn't show
4- The screen for the permanent clock 'burns a hole' in other screens (could be in a lower z-position to overcome that).
5- Several items missing:

[ePNG] couldn't open /usr/share/enigma2/skin_default/SKY.HD/icons/icons/ico_rec_on.png
[Skin] Error: {SKY.HD/skin.xml}: pixmap file /usr/share/enigma2/skin_default/SKY.HD/icons/icons/ico_rec_on.png not found!. Please contact the skin's author!
[Skin] Error: {SKY.HD/skin.xml}: color 'undcdcdc' must be #aarrggbb or valid named color. Please contact the skin's author!
6- Buttons in (second)infobar are missing (or is it your choice not to show them?)
7- Are you sure the renderer RunningText is required? We have something like that in our image (and I see running text without using your renderer). Same question for d2NextEvents. In general: a skin should not bring his own renderers (as that can easily lead to issues and ot's not 'plugin-like' to do so). If something is really required the imagebuilder should be requested to embed functionality.
8- For quick-EPG you fall back on the default skin. Intentional or forgotten?
9- Quite a lot of screens have no button-labels.

Looks good: keep up the god work please!

miran007
30-12-13, 09:01
thanksssssssssss for this

imgold
01-01-14, 23:13
how do i install this skin it looks really useful :)

AJT
02-01-14, 11:08
how do i install this skin it looks really useful :)

First read through the thread and find the latest IPK for the skin and ftp to to temp folder then install.
Then again using ftp tool find correct folders take this update and overwrite the files installed by ipk to update them.

imgold
02-01-14, 14:27
hmm i ftp'd it to tmp but how do install it - its not listed under setup>skins

thanks in advance!

imgold
02-01-14, 14:50
ignore last post found the option under "Vix"

devioust
02-01-14, 18:34
hi

abell431 excellent work but for some reason it keeps crashing my dreambox 800 se ive put the folders in the right place but it still crashes any ideas , am using tsimage 3.0 211213 version enigma 2 thanks

AJT
02-01-14, 20:23
hi

abell431 excellent work but for some reason it keeps crashing my dreambox 800 se ive put the folders in the right place but it still crashes any ideas , am using tsimage 3.0 211213 version enigma 2 thanks

Did you install the latest iPK of skin first.This is just an update to update the already installed skin.

abell431
02-01-14, 23:22
Not sure what you mean by buttons in the second infobar??

devioust
03-01-14, 14:02
Yeah ive installed all of them and they all seem to crash, ive had to reset my image a few times quite annoying really wanted to use this on my box !!

abell431
03-01-14, 14:33
If it crashes then open dcc and navigate to usr/share/enigma2 and delete sky skin then power off your box and power it on again. You should not ned to install a new image.

abell431
03-01-14, 20:05
Here is a screenshot of the planner screen in 0.7

Conorooney
04-01-14, 20:30
Here is a look at the one I was modding. What annoy me was getting the text for current programming left aligned but I managed that this morning in CoolTVGuide settings. Coolman doesn't make it easy to find things. The other problem I had was the info for the current programme would disappear after I selected it. You can see that on the image below. I coloured the current channel yellow but could not for the life of me find out how to change the font colour for programmes in the guide. Any help would be much appreciated!

AJT
04-01-14, 20:34
great stuff lets see who will be first to complete a skin mod compatible with vix and a sky lookie likie.

Conorooney
04-01-14, 20:41
Haha not me anyway!! I'm going to let the boys work away but anyone is welcome to mine when I finish it but I know i'll be using theirs for guidance.

AJT
04-01-14, 22:30
Haha not me anyway!! I'm going to let the boys work away but anyone is welcome to mine when I finish it but I know i'll be using theirs for guidance.

you can do it.....ha ha

abell431
04-01-14, 22:40
why don't you try ;)

abell431
04-01-14, 22:41
have you tried my epg in v0.7?

Conorooney
05-01-14, 02:25
No I never got to. I had upgraded to VIX before I saw it however with Coolman releasing CoolTVGuide on Vix i'll have a look! It's look great by the way! Great work mate! :cool:

Conorooney
05-01-14, 16:47
V7.0 of CoolTVGuide is out now:

zino
05-01-14, 20:12
I just tried version 0.7

On Vu+ solo2 there are problems with the EPG when using this skin.
whatever program you highlight becomes unreadable.

Same problem I saw v0.7

Also, the epg itself would look nicer with blue colours rather than green tones.

abell431
05-01-14, 20:18
? there aren't any green tones. Please take a screenshot or a picture and upload

Conorooney
05-01-14, 23:24
I think he's talking about Coolmans TV Guide.

abell431
06-01-14, 02:35
I just tried version 0.7

On Vu+ solo2 there are problems with the EPG when using this skin.
whatever program you highlight becomes unreadable.

Same problem I saw v0.7

Also, the epg itself would look nicer with blue colours rather than green tones.
Remember in cool TV guide settings to change the skin to skin design and then press red to save!

zino
06-01-14, 17:04
? there aren't any green tones. Please take a screenshot or a picture and uploadI removed it, I didn't take a picture, I guess I assumed others saw the same problem and it was known.
I shall take a picture if I have the same problem when I try the next version.

I installed the Sly HD skin (not the cool tv guide). when I pressed EPG I the highlighted programme could not be read and the boxes were green.

Remember in cool TV guide settings to change the skin to skin design and then press red to save!

I am not talking about cool tv guide, I am talking about the sly hd skin

Larry-G
06-01-14, 17:14
I am not talking about cool tv guide, I am talking about the sly hd skin

Your in the wrong thread then as this skin is built over the CoolTV plugin it is not a skin in the same sense as a full enigma2 skin. Do you mean Fraggles sky skin ?, which is a full Enigma2 based skin.

abell431
06-01-14, 18:23
Your in the wrong thread then as this skin is built over the CoolTV plugin it is not a skin in the same sense as a full enigma2 skin. Do you mean Fraggles sky skin ?, which is a full Enigma2 based skin.

And please explain how this is not a full enigma skin?!?

Larry-G
06-01-14, 18:27
And please explain how this is not a full enigma skin?!?

It's not a full enigma2 skin as it requires a third party plugin to be installed first aka the CoolTV plugin, where as a full blown enigma2 skin does not and will work on a bare bones Virgin image, thats all i meant.

abell431
06-01-14, 21:22
Yeah but.. It does not need CoolTvGuide to work, it is a skin in itself without CoolTvGuide

Larry-G
06-01-14, 21:25
Yeah but.. It does not need CoolTvGuide to work, it is a skin in itself without CoolTvGuide

If that is the case then i stand corrected and offer you my sincere apologies.

imgold
07-01-14, 09:17

v0.7
Added new buttons
New record icon

skin looking great - Do i just upload the entire usr folder to /usr ?

abell431
07-01-14, 18:56
yep, then apply the skin in settings, reboot and if you are using cooltv guide go to its settings and change skin to skin design and press red to save!:)

amicko
10-01-14, 20:41
Presume you will already know but the play/pause/rewind/fast forward icons are not displaying at all. Just a blue square appears in the middle of the screen. I'm using an amiko alien 2 if that makes any difference.

salah100
17-01-14, 22:23
This thread very quiet... any update OP?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coffey360
09-02-14, 13:04
Hey Im having trouble getting it to work. This is the crash log i keep getting...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/idicmhgovb209mv/enigma2_crash_1391945964.log

robi62
10-02-14, 10:49
@ abell431 i think version 7 is great but can you tell me how to add a signal info on the skin either on first infobar or second in db value
Keep up the good work

fezz0121
18-02-14, 03:51
Let me just start by saying I'm a complete noob with all this enigma 2 stuff and I'm really interested in getting to know what's what. Anyways.... what images are fully compatible with this skin to this day? I seen something about cooltvguide got updated to work with vix, so does this mean the skin now works on this image? Reason I ask is because I've just ordered a Vu Uno and I definitely want this wicked skin on my box so want to chose a compatible image.. Nice one!!! :thumbsup:

abell431
23-02-14, 15:59
OpenPli Image works but you could also just use Vix and download one of the alternative skins now available. Eg Blue HD

abell431
23-02-14, 16:01
Hi guys sorry for no updates but I have been very busy and I think the skin works well enough for most people to use daily. There is not anything else I can really think of adding that is worth the effort and now there a lot of edits of this skin and similar skins popping up I am just glad to of inspired people to make these :)

bsmith1
05-03-14, 22:57
I updated to 0.7

Noticed this

Pressing EPG - The details of the program cannot be seen in the current channel main list and the detail on top, the rest display ok and also no small picture just white box.

m.nikesh
19-03-14, 21:51
HI, Help please, when i Try to install .ipk file ( enigma2-plugins-skins-skyhd_0.2_all.ipk)
its showing collected errors..

/tmp/aenigma2-plugins-skins-skyhd_0.2_all.ipk

No such file or directory......please help

m.nikesh
20-03-14, 13:58
Any advice please?

HI, Help please, when i Try to install .ipk file ( enigma2-plugins-skins-skyhd_0.2_all.ipk)
its showing collected errors..

/tmp/aenigma2-plugins-skins-skyhd_0.2_all.ipk

No such file or directory......please help

abu baniaz
20-03-14, 14:13
Can you spot the spelling mistake? (you have added an extra letter)

I normally just use the line underneath. Make sure there are no other ipks in the /tmp/ directory.

opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

m.nikesh
20-03-14, 15:04
Sorry my mistake its

/tmp/enigma2-plugins-skins-skyhd_0.2_all.ipk

Let me tell you how I tried to install it.

I copied the .ipk file (enigma2-plugins-skins-skyhd_0.2_all.ipk) on to my usb stick. Plugged it on to Solo2 and

pressed the blue button ----Vix and tried to install it through there...

But it was showing this error message..

''collected errors

/tmp/enigma2-plugins-skins-skyhd_0.2_all.ipk

No such file or directory''

abu baniaz
20-03-14, 16:46
Option 1.
Place ipk on USB. With the TV on, i.e no menus selected, insert the USB into receiver. You will be promted to install.

Option 2
Transfer the ipk to the /tmp/ directory
Blue Button > Vix > Install local extension. Highlight file and then green to install.

Option 3.
Transfer the ipk to the /tmp/ directory
Telnet the following command
opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

I prefer option 3 as you are informed if any errors arise.

m.nikesh
21-03-14, 08:44
Thanks a lot mate!!!

arnie2014
08-07-14, 20:02
hi can you install this skin on a skybox f5s if so, how do I install it as I have never done anything like this before

Larry-G
08-07-14, 20:18
hi can you install this skin on a skybox f5s if so, how do I install it as I have never done anything like this before

sorry but no enigma2 skin would work with a skybox f5 or any other closed source based receiver, they are just too different.

tayta
06-08-14, 17:36
I'm having all sorts of issues here.

So, I've read through this thread and have come to the conclusion that I can either install CoolTvGuide, OR use this skin without the cooltv plugin if I install enigma2-plugin-skin-skyhd_0.6_all.ipk. Is this right, or do I still need CoolTvGuide?

If I don't need CoolTvGuide and this is a separate installable skin for VIX itself, does this work with the latest Vix image Apollo?

I've started with a fresh build, fresh Apollo and put the ipk of skyhd_0.6 on the box. The installed runs, say configuring then finishes with no errors or 'complete' or anything, just stops.

Reboots, soft or hard make no difference to my planner.

Am I missing something? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!

Rob van der Does
06-08-14, 18:32
What is it you're after in the first place?

tayta
06-08-14, 18:49
What is it you're after in the first place?

This skin. As per all the images. I'm running vix and want to know if this is not for me, or if it needs something else.

tayta
08-08-14, 15:03
lol what a plonker. You have to remember to apply the skin :o

For anyone else new to this, on the remote go to menu/setup/system/user interface/skin setup then pick your skin once installed. :thumbsup:

joef2k2
09-08-14, 01:33
i have just switched to this skin but on start up my box loads to 100% then goes back to 50% and upto 100% then repeats the steps. does not go to menus now?

piggy
26-08-14, 21:17
Hi all what software is this based on? BH or ViX, I have BH 1.79 and when I install the ipk, I go to add the skin and it says its not compatible..

Thanks chris

piggy
26-08-14, 21:49
What platform does this work on? I have Vu+ Duo running Black Hole.

Thanks Chris

Hi this is my first skin and I used the skin elegance.hd as a base. It is spposed to resemble the sky hd box. It took me quite long to make and I still have other things to finish off but I hope you like it.

The only cool tv guide screen that I have finished is cool tiny guide, I should be able to sort the other ones out when I have time.

I am not sure how to create an ipk package so just ftp the file into the skins folder
Tested only on Nbox 5800sx

For me second infobar is not working. If it is working for somebody else or if you know how to fix it please tell me. Thanks
To install skin
copy font to usr/lib/share/fonts
copy skin to usr/lib/share/enigma2

To install the cool tv guide skin just ftp the files into the right place in user/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/CoolTvGuide/Cool3d/mydesign
and
user/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/CoolTvGuide/Cool3d/menu
and user/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/CoolTvGuide/CoolSkin

Thanks and please leave feedback

Downloads -

=============================

Here is v0.2

Things have been tidied up a bit
Created an ipk package that should work
Changed the listbox selected to be more like sky

sencond infobar still not working for me( as seen in pic)

New bootlogo

3043530437 304363043830440

Larry-G
26-08-14, 21:51
It is built for Pli based images and is not compatible with BH images.

piggy
26-08-14, 22:21
Thanks for the quick reply where can I get a Pli image from and will it still run ccams?

Thanks

It is built for Pli based images and is not compatible with BH images.

Larry-G
26-08-14, 22:32
you can get pli images from the pli forum or you can try the ViX image from this forum which has cams available from it's own image feeds (you provide your own config files) and you can try the Blue HD skin from the feeds too which in my opinion is far better than the one in this thread as it is built specifically for the ViX image.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37561-Blue-HD-V3&highlight=blue+rossi

arnie2014
28-08-14, 17:05
Hi all, I have just ordered my VU+ SOLO2 box, but not sure if it will come with Blackhole or VIX,

Now i want to have this skin on my box when i receive it, now i know it only works on vix, so if it has blackhole installed i will need to flash it to vix first wont it.

My questions are: 1. will this skin work with the lastest version of vix, which i believe is vix apollo 0.26 if im correct

2. How do i install this skin on the box ( please can somebody give me step by step as i aint got a clue)

3. and also, is this skin the full Sky HD skin, i mean does it include all the screens i dont understand about the cooltv guide thing

thank you hope somebody can help me

thecaretaker
28-08-14, 17:44
I can answer 1 and 2 for you.

1. Yes

2. Go to the plugin menu, press green for download plugins. Find the blue HD skin, download it, then select the skin in the system skin settings menu. Reboot and Bobs your uncle.

arnie2014
28-08-14, 17:54
ok thank you

But isnt this skin called the Sky HD+ skin, whats the difference between this and the Blue HD skin?

Larry-G
28-08-14, 18:27
The Blue HD skin is specifically designed and continually updated for the ViX image, the sky hd skin has not been updated in a good while and as a result may not be as upto date with changes in the image.

arnie2014
28-08-14, 18:41
ah i see no problem, so of course i need to install Blue HD skin when i recieve my box.

Is their a way i can directly download the Blue HD skin to the box form the box itself or would i need to download the file on my pc and transfer it over USB.

Iv heard of something called Feeds, where you can get files form on certain boxes is this what im thinking of?

nsw9154
28-08-14, 18:52
you just go to plugins and download what you are looking for

36700 36701 36702 36703

arnie2014
28-08-14, 19:35
when your on that plugin browser screen, what i nthe list do you click on to access the plugins for the skins?

nsw9154
28-08-14, 19:57
Sorry I should have said that you press the Green Button to download the plugins

Larry-G
28-08-14, 20:57
when your on that plugin browser screen, what i nthe list do you click on to access the plugins for the skins?

Menu> plugins> green button.

I will get you some screen shots of the default ViX Image and some with the Blue HD skin in a few minutes for your other thread.

zubairhussain
08-11-14, 12:19
hi can anyone help me with a guide in terms of how to add this skin to my cloud ibox 2 plus box with vix

Larry-G
08-11-14, 12:37
Sorry but as I said in your other thread we don't support illegal, counterfeit receivers such as the icloud like. Please contact your seller for support.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Police121
06-04-15, 14:32
Hi,
This is an awesome skin, however Im having trouble getting the epg to look like the version in your images.....anyone out their who can guide me on how to get the epg working and the boot logo.

thanks!

rossi2000
06-04-15, 14:34
un-install this
and then install Blue-HD from the skins section in the feeds

oatesy
03-08-15, 17:16
Can someone explain how to put this on my vu+ solo2 box. Thanks

goviety
20-01-16, 00:32
is this suitable for zgemma star s2

abu baniaz
20-01-16, 00:34
is this suitable for zgemma star s2

There is no support for older Zgemma receivers on this forum.

EDIT:
We support the newer ones.

bestman22
08-07-19, 14:21
Thanks, but you can add MiniTv?