PDA

View Full Version : Weather forecasts predict four inches of snow as Britain prepares big freeze!

Sicilian
15-11-13, 08:52
Weather forecasts predict four inches of snow as Britain prepares for the 2013 big freeze
BRITAIN is braced for winter to roar in next week with much of the country on alert for freezing Arctic gales and heavy snow.
The mercury is set to plunge below -10C (14F) in parts with wintry showers poised to hit huge swathes of the UK.
Forecasters warned that a mass of bitterly cold air from the Arctic is set to smother the country.
Up to four inches of snow will carpet parts of the North while the first flurries are expected in central and southern regions.
The bleak news (http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/442892/Weather-forecasts-predict-four-inches-of-snow-as-Britain-prepares-for-the-2013-big-freeze#) comes as long-range forecasters warn that Britain could be crippled by a “record-breaking and historical” big freeze this winter. Prolonged cold weather and relentless heavy snowfall threaten to grind the country to a halt until the beginning of spring.
Remote parts of the North – including the Cairngorm mountains in Scotland – could see the mercury plummet as low as -15C next Tuesday.
Jonathan Powell, forecaster for Vantage Weather Services, said the worst weather is due to hit during the middle of next week.
He warned that a ferocious “Polar plunge” of bitterly cold winds could see overnight temperatures dive to -10C with windchill in the North while the South will shiver in lows of -5C.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/442892/Weather-forecasts-predict-four-inches-of-snow-as-Britain-prepares-for-the-2013-big-freeze

Larry-G
15-11-13, 09:22
Been hoping for some proper winter weather for a while, we need some snow or at least i do.

gerryd13
15-11-13, 11:09
It's a nightmare when the snow hits Durham....it's all hills n banks so everything grinds to a halt....it's only good news for gritter workers lol

Larry-G
15-11-13, 11:29
It's a nightmare when the snow hits Durham....it's all hills n banks so everything grinds to a halt....it's only good news for gritter workers lol

LMAO thats where i live dude well 4 miles outside of Durham city. Bring on the snow.

mikehunt43
15-11-13, 11:32
Honestley that paper should be strung up.its not going to be no where as bad as there say next week just normal weather for late nov early dec.the rest of the winter who knows its all a guess no one knows weeks ahead what wil happen.its all headlines to sell papers and same as every year and this newspaper group and also the mail love these storys.if its as bad next week as they say you can tell me so lol.anyway rant over
QUOTE=Sicilian;250338]Weather forecasts predict four inches of snow as Britain prepares for the 2013 big freeze
BRITAIN is braced for winter to roar in next week with much of the country on alert for freezing Arctic gales and heavy snow.
The mercury is set to plunge below -10C (14F) in parts with wintry showers poised to hit huge swathes of the UK.
Forecasters warned that a mass of bitterly cold air from the Arctic is set to smother the country.
Up to four inches of snow will carpet parts of the North while the first flurries are expected in central and southern regions.
The bleak news (http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/442892/Weather-forecasts-predict-four-inches-of-snow-as-Britain-prepares-for-the-2013-big-freeze#) comes as long-range forecasters warn that Britain could be crippled by a “record-breaking and historical” big freeze this winter. Prolonged cold weather and relentless heavy snowfall threaten to grind the country to a halt until the beginning of spring.
Remote parts of the North – including the Cairngorm mountains in Scotland – could see the mercury plummet as low as -15C next Tuesday.
Jonathan Powell, forecaster for Vantage Weather Services, said the worst weather is due to hit during the middle of next week.
He warned that a ferocious “Polar plunge” of bitterly cold winds could see overnight temperatures dive to -10C with windchill in the North while the South will shiver in lows of -5C.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/442892/Weather-forecasts-predict-four-inches-of-snow-as-Britain-prepares-for-the-2013-big-freeze[/QUOTE]

Micromecca
15-11-13, 11:47
LMAO thats where i live dude well 4 miles outside of Durham city. Bring on the snow.

Me too :p complete nightmare when the snow lands around here in a RWD car :(

Larry-G
15-11-13, 11:50
LOL well i shoot on the Durham moors ( old cassop ), two years ago it was 6 feet deep almost every where.

gerryd13
15-11-13, 13:54
I use to live in new brancepeth and when the snow or rain came well we were shut off from the world....I'm now in Brandon so it's all straight roads now lol. I use to work in horse racing in a yard in crook and when it was bad blizzards we had to walk out in a field with the snow knee deep for the horses lol