PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] How To (completely) Stop VIX Accessing Intenet

Spoof
14-11-13, 19:54
Hi.
I have my receiver connected to my router solely to upload and download media files. However, it is eating my (3G) bandwidth at 150Mb/day. I can only think of the EPG, which I have now tried to turn off (I was running in "default" state) and software updates (which I have now attempted to make manual only). But I still seem to be chewing a lot of data.
Any advice or help appreciated - I want to completely disable internet access.

Spoooo

Larry-G
14-11-13, 20:00
There is nothing in the image that could be using that much data.

EPG updates from CrossEPG / OpenTV are downloaded from the transponder not the internet.
Software updates always need user interaction, they never install automatically. The image checks the server periodically to see if updates are available but that uses a minute amount of bandwidth.

What if any plugins have you installed that could be using your bandwidth ?.

seame
14-11-13, 20:02
Use crossEPG it downloads direct from the satellite

GAH2402
15-11-13, 22:16
How To (completely) Stop VIX Accessing Internet?
Easy, disconnect your network cable!

GAH

Sirius
15-11-13, 22:24
Menu - setup - system - network - device setup - adapter settings - use interface - off

But as Phoenix says your box should be using very little bandwidth. You must have some plugin eating it up.

Do you stream any movies on tsmedia or 1 channel on demand etc??

Spoof
27-12-13, 21:50
OK, coming back to this issue, I think I know what the problem was - I believe the router was pinging regularly to keep the 3G connection alive.
From another site: there are concerns that, with some Providers, pinging a site may constitute a data session and a certain minimum amount of data may deducted from your account. This could cause your bandwidth usage to increase far beyond the actual data used.

I have now replaced the router with an Android phone and my bandwidth use has dropped to near zero.

HTH
Spooooooooooo