PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] History Zap - why changed?

parkher
13-11-13, 22:08
History Zap was changed at some point. The previous one was clear and compact, I loved it. But in the middle of the screen - the only bad thing about it.
The new one was moved to one side, which is good, but now each element of the list takes so much space. I was not able to find anything in settings to disable all this EPG stuff there and to make the list more compact and clear.
Only 5 channels are visible simultaneously on the screen!

I was so desperate to get my old beloved history zap that I even restored an old image from backup, but then I lost important driver updates...

Is there a way perhaps to dowload a history zap plugin to replace the curent one with the old one? Or the developers of the image perhaps could add something to settings to disable all that unnecessary stuff and to make one-line-per-channel list? Just channel names, and that's all.

BTW, if you really want to have additional information, it is wrong information. Better to have satellite name and, perhaps transponder or provider, because there are channels with identical names on different satellites and I often have them next to each other in the history list and don't know which is which. As to EPG, either it is empty or the same.

seame
13-11-13, 22:50
There's a plugin called zap-statistic or something like that in the vix feeds, might be a good alternative for you.

parkher
14-11-13, 08:08
Seems that it does not replace history zap.

I wonder, perhaps it is possible to replace the new history zap with the old one manually?
I could restore an older image and copy to backup what is needed for it, and then use it to replace the current history zap.
But one needs to know what. Or even if it is possible to do.

I also don't know which exactly is the last build which still had the history zap I want.
Perhaps that build is good enough for me as the final one. Certainly it is above 722, I know that.
But then I have a huge gap in image backups....

garyblas
14-11-13, 08:54
Use image pre 760. I have done exactly same thing . I use Magic HD Night and changed the Common skin file to an old level, then uploaded back into 778 image
Works fine
I agree History zap could do with option to have full info or just channel as before ( personnel choice )

Trial
14-11-13, 09:41
Hi,
the new style was a wish of a lot of people. Now easily see if it is already time to switch because a certain program started.

I also like the new style more.

ciao

redrobin
14-11-13, 10:07
Just a comment but another change/feature to History Zap, which may have been quite a few versions ago, which doesn't work so well for me, is that it only seems to list the channels from the same bouquet. I have a fixed dish and a motorised dish and quite often flick between two channels on two satellites and its not so easy now with the new history zap.

Rob van der Does
14-11-13, 12:14
Just a comment but another change/feature to History Zap, which may have been quite a few versions ago, which doesn't work so well for me, is that it only seems to list the channels from the same bouquet. I have a fixed dish and a motorised dish and quite often flick between two channels on two satellites and its not so easy now with the new history zap.
I don't see any difference in this area with the previous version.
And I agree that orbital position would be handy (but that wasn't there before either).

parkher
14-11-13, 17:13
I like the old one except it was in the middle of the screen. I would move the old one to the right side. On the left, as now, it is good too, but I am accustomed to having it on the right from my old Octagon receiver :)
But I want a clear compact list, although the orbital position would be good - I guess, I can rename the few most troublesome channels so that I can tell without any additional information, so this is perhaps not so important.
I just checked - I still have channels from different satellites in the list. So perhaps this was not changed. But sometimes it happens that the list is cleared, not sure when exactly it happens.

parkher
14-11-13, 17:18
Use image pre 760. I have done exactly same thing . I use Magic HD Night and changed the Common skin file to an old level, then uploaded back into 778 image
Works fine
I agree History zap could do with option to have full info or just channel as before ( personnel choice )

I am using the default skin. So it happened in 760? And it is possible to take the skin file from an older build and replace by it the one in the new build and the history zap will be the old style again? Great!

If so, perhaps there is a skin editor where I can do what I want with that history zap?

andyblac
14-11-13, 20:41
i'll look into adding a option to show just a list view.