PDA

View Full Version : USB not seeing NTFS

parkher
13-11-13, 21:34
I just noticed that Vu+ Duo2 with OpenViX 3 image (the newest build, updating almost every day) does not see USB 3.0 NTFS formatted flash stick. When formatted as FAT32 - OK.
I tried all three USB ports.
So then I tried to connect via USB an NTFS hard drive (in a USB docking station) - also not detected.

Both the USB 3.0 NTFS stick and the same NTFS hard drive are working correctly with my other receiver Vu+ Ultimo with an older image OpenVix 2.4 (and directly with Samsung PS51D8000 TV - also OK)

I hope it is the problem with the ViX 3 image and can be easily fixed?
If so, I probably posting this in the wrong place.
Or perhaps with Vu+ Duo2 drivers?
Or is it just my Duo2?

Sicilian
13-11-13, 22:52
Menu > Setup > System > Storage Devices

parkher
13-11-13, 23:40
Menu > Setup > System > Storage Devices

Interesting, after inserting the USB Flash - nothing
but after rebooting, it appears in Storage Devices, not directly but in the last three items, so it is detected - sort of:

Initialisation:
(Patriot Memory) - External (63.249 GB)

Filesystem Check
(Patriot Memory - External (63.249 GB)

and even in
Convert ext3 filesystem to ext4
(Patriot Memory - External (63.249 GB)

If I presss Filesystem Check:

Model: (Patriot Memory)
Capacity: 63.249 GB
Bus: External

Check:

Checking filesystem....
Error: e2fsck - b8193 <device>

fsck.ext3: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sdbl

So what next?
I want to keep it NTFS, should I try initializing it? Probably not.
Besides, I cannot initialize all the NTFS hard drives that are already full of stuff to be watched.

Everything is fine on Ultimo with OpenVix 2.4

BTW, I just learned that after build 760 update, various things are supposed not to work correctly. Apparently, I needed not to update but to install from USB. I learned about it just today.
Never noticed anything wrong after just updating.
Could it be one of those bad things because of that update?
I guess I need now to download and install from USB the current newest build, not 760 (updated today too, by the way :) )

judge
13-11-13, 23:51
Have you installed ntfs-3g from the plugin feeds? under drivers.

parkher
14-11-13, 00:13
Have you installed ntfs-3g from the plugin feeds? under drivers.

Thanks!
After installing and rebooting - now working.
I don't remember I needed to install a special plugin on Vu Duo / ViX 2.4, though.

judge
14-11-13, 00:17
ViX 2.4 is quite old now, 1000's of updates since.
Anyway, glad you're sorted now.

judge
14-11-13, 00:22
BTW, I just learned that after build 760 update, various things are supposed not to work correctly. Apparently, I needed not to update but to install from USB. I learned about it just today.
Never noticed anything wrong after just updating.
Could it be one of those bad things because of that update?
I guess I need now to download and install from USB the current newest build, not 760 (updated today too, by the way :) )

Also, if you updated from a 2.4 image to a 3.x image, you should have done a fresh flash, not an online update.
Same goes for a build less than 3.760, a fresh flash would be required. You can restore settings though as long as they aren't 2.4 settings.

parkher
14-11-13, 00:23
Because of this NTFS issue I learned today that I was supposed to install fresh build 760 because it can not be updated - there are many various problems if updated.
So I did not know that and my current build is already 786, but I can find for downloading only 701. I guess, I need 760 or newer to eliminate all those problems that I am supposed to have now :)

No, I made a fresh install to my brand new Duo2.
But I still have Vu+ Ultimo with old 2.4 and I know I cannot update, I need to install 3.0

parkher
14-11-13, 00:26
OH, it is 360, not 760?
I might have began from 722. So beyond that problem then. Probably there is only 701 to download and then by updates I got 722, because it is the first backup I have.

judge
14-11-13, 00:30
OH, it is 360, not 760?
I might have began from 722. So beyond that problem then. Probably there is only 701 to download and then by updates I got 722, because it is the first backup I have.
No we're confusing build numbers here, by build 3.760 I mean ViX version 3, build number 760.
Anyway, answered in other thread where to find current builds for all supported boxes.

judge
14-11-13, 00:32
Sorry, my fault, typo. meant 760, not 360.
Post updated.

Rob van der Does
14-11-13, 05:06
Also, if you updated from a 2.4 image to a 3.x image, you should have done a fresh flash, not an online update.
There has never been a 2.4 image for the DUO2.