PDA

View Full Version : Epg freeze

DaMacFunkin
12-11-13, 13:56
Hi I'm having probs with epg freezing when reading titles, I've sort of just asked a question in the solo2 pages but as I understand it that box may or not have problems so I've moved to the nano thread which is defiantly having problems.
Thanks.

Sicilian
12-11-13, 15:13
Do the following:

Telent init 4 commaned

FTP to EPG storage location and delete Crossepg folder and epg.dat

Telnet init 3 command.

Re-download EPG.

DaMacFunkin
12-11-13, 20:05
Doesnt work, crashes on reading titles 195kb again same as last night and the hard drive sounds like it can't read... do i not need to download an older version first?

johnd200
12-11-13, 22:26
If have exactly the same problem on my Duo. Reads to 195kb and then doesnt go any further. I only have partial EPG too.

judge
13-11-13, 01:11
Where are you guys saving EPG data to? USB, HDD, Network?

abu baniaz
13-11-13, 01:32
Just helped someone install Vix 783 afresh having been on 4D. Cross epg 0.7 downlaoded fine. He used a fat32 usb flash drive.

johnd200
13-11-13, 09:23
Mine is to a usb stick. The solution to this is to remove the crossepg plug in, reboot and re-install. Mine worked after that.

Larry-G
13-11-13, 09:24
Never had a issue with the Nano or any other TM model with the new CrossEPG but after seeing this thread i flashed build 785 to test results below.

From start to finish it took just under 1 minute for sky uk and freesat.

Even after adding sky Ireland to ABM and doing a scan after it's done its work as well and it still only took just over 1 minute ( 1 minute 3 seconds to be exact ).

DaMacFunkin
13-11-13, 13:31
My epg saves to internal hard drive, I uninstalled the epg plug in, deleted files and installed the 6.8 version and it works fine, if you are saying I need to do a clean install with no restore to get 7 to work then that Is too much messing for me to do with 2 different boxes and a motorised sat setup on a work night.

Larry-G
13-11-13, 14:05
My epg saves to internal hard drive, I uninstalled the epg plug in, deleted files and installed the 6.8 version and it works fine, if you are saying I need to do a clean install with no restore to get 7 to work then that Is too much messing for me to do with 2 different boxes and a motorised sat setup on a work night.

Still works perfectly for me using settings backups and clean installs, I have tested on all my Vu+ and TM-OE receivers with no noticeable issues, all of my EPG's are saved to either a internal HDD or a mounted USB stick, as for too much messing when you get round to it you should be able to do a full fresh install in less than 20 minutes i can do it in less than 10 on my boxes.