PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo and two Dishes.

Curious123
28-10-10, 12:12
Recieved my box yesterday and it is all configured and working on my 1m motorised dish. I would like to connect the second tuner to a fixed dish facing 28.2E. I would like to be able to switch the picture between the two tuners. I know I should read the manual but I was hoping someone might be able to just give me a quick answer.

Sicilian
28-10-10, 12:14
I've got the same setup, personally I have my 28.2 dish configured to Tuner A and the motor dish to Tuner B. Most of my recording are on 28.2, so the motor only comes into play is i'm recording another 28.2 channel or watching a European channel.

Curious123
28-10-10, 13:06
How I do go from watching 28.2E to watching an European channel or is that option not visible to me until I connect up the second dish?

Sicilian
28-10-10, 13:25
The Duo will switch tuners when needed when both dishes are connected.

So you only have you 1m dish connected atm?

Curious123
28-10-10, 13:38
The Duo will switch tuners when needed when both dishes are connected.

So you only have you 1m dish connected atm?
I currently have a quad lnb attached to a 1 motorised dish and the Duo is attached to one of those LNB connections. Since the cable ended I have been swapping out my additional boxes and same as yourself majority of the vewing is usually on 28.2E. All of the additional boxes I want to put on the fixed dish when it arrives but the Duo having the two tuners I thought it would be good to have two seperate dishes. I am assuming that when I select a channel whichever tuner has access to the channel will do the appropriate business and switch over to the channel.

Sicilian
28-10-10, 17:58
Yes that correct the Duo will choose the tuner to use. Remember though if you want the Duo to control the motor it needs the feed that goes through the motor ;)