PDA

View Full Version : looking for a budget box, is this the one?

souroull
10-11-13, 19:31
this box can be had for a hundred some quid. Do you guys think that this is the perfect enigma2 budget box with vix support, or is there any other box i should be looking at?

afc_rich
10-11-13, 19:46
£100 more and you can get yourself a second hand Duo with 500 GB HDD ;-)

Mr. Mister
10-11-13, 20:50
I very much doubt that you could get an ET4000 for a 100 quid..

RRP of those boxes is prolly closer to 160-170.. So not sure how you buy one for 100 quid..

Unless its used of course.. Then i suppose thats around the money..

souroull
10-11-13, 21:34
I very much doubt that you could get an ET4000 for a 100 quid..

RRP of those boxes is prolly closer to 160-170.. So not sure how you buy one for 100 quid..

Unless its used of course.. Then i suppose thats around the money..

115 quid from a reputable German vendor! (140eur)

So i guess this box at this price is currently the best value? Does anything else come close?

judge
10-11-13, 21:44
I've been using this box for well over a year & never had a single issue with it.
It's not the fastest, most powerful box but it works perfectly.

Mr. Mister
10-11-13, 21:44
OK.. A few things to take into consideration here before you buy..

German dealer.. Nothing wrong with that as its fredom of choice.. But.. If something goes wrong with it just once.. Then you have just blown what you saved in one foul swoop.. Dont matter which way you look at it.. Its gonna take 25 quid to send it to Germany.. Then you have the time your receiver will be away.. Ill bet you looking at 2 weeks before you even hear a sniff of getting your ET4000 back..

Have a look >>>HERE<<< (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers) before you jump in and buy in Germany..

You will see all the prices that our forum sponsor charges.. and also.. if you send the sponsor a private message here on the forum.. You can also get a £5.00 discount.. Also.. service is fantastic.. If you are in the UK.. and you order before 12 noon tomorrow.. That receiver will be with you next day.. You will not beat WOS for service..

The sponsor does not carry then Xtrend boxes anymore.. I dont know the reasons why.. But there are plenty of different receivers there to choose from.. Each of them as good as the ET4000..

I have never had an ET4000 but judge on this forum i think has had / has one.. So hopefully he can jump in and tell you a little more about it..

souroull
10-11-13, 22:00
Thanks for your input, but i live in Cyprus, so buying from Germany is a no brainer as not only prices are lower, shipping is too! (both ways) ! :)

I owned an et-5000 up until last year, and the one i got from my in-law is still working fine. I just realized that the 4000 has an even faster processor and twice the RAM.

I'm still not sure if it's the best value in that price range nowadays. Any other boxes i should be looking at?