PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand EPG

gpaitai
10-11-13, 10:51
Just sharing my experience in the hope it will help others.

I recently bought a VU+ Ultimo fitted with 1xDVB-S tuner, 2xDVB-T tuners and 1TB HDD. Flashed it with the latest Vix image and using Scwheeler's MetrixHD skin mod. It happily receives a full NZ epg over satellite but only now/next EIT info over terrestrial (UHF).

With the grateful help of Rytec EPG member Willy, I now have custom files that import NZ epg data using the XMLTV-Importer plugin. The files enable you to see epg data for the current DVB-T NZ Freeview channels only but can be easily modified or updated.

Before you start, you will need an FTP tool to get into your box (I use iDreamX for mac or use Dreamset or Dreambox edit for pc. Note these same tools can output channel service ref numbers, needed if you want to modify your channel list). You will also need a free USB stick that will remain permanently plugged into your box.

The steps are as follows:
1. Mount a USB stick in Fat32 format, to store your picons and epg data (this is encouraged by all STB forums for better performance).
2. Install the XMLTV-Importer plugin if not already.
3. Unzip the attached "Archive.zip" file and copy the two files to your box "/etc/xmltvimport". Note copy the "DVB-T_NZ.channels.xml.gz" file as is.
4. Go to Menu>Setup>System>EPG>Settings and ensure all EIT options are set to "no".
5. Within the same window, select "EPG location" and click the left< or right> buttons to select "/media/usb/" then click "Ok".
6. Open XMLTV-Importer plugin to configure, enabling "Daily automatic import" and set an appropriate "Automatic start time" when the STB is not in use. I also enabled it to "Start import after booting up".
7. Press the blue button (Sources) and select "NZ DVB-T XMLTV" then click "Ok".
8. Press the yellow button to do a "Manual" epg import, click "yes" in the following pop up window. Note that you should see the number of events growing immediately.
9. Click "Ok" and "Exit" out of all windows to your tv screen.
10. Click "EPG" to check that the data has populated successfully. If not, just reboot.
11. Enjoy a full 7-day NZ epg on your DVB-T tuner.

This should work for any VU+/DreamBox/Enigma 2 STB. Feel free to amend or update the channels file to suit (i.e. DVB-T_NZ.channels.xml.gz).

Good luck!