PDA

View Full Version : NCID setup...is it possible?

jimbo_jones
10-11-13, 01:32
Firstly, apologies if this is a silly question...I can't find much info online so I'll ask anyway. My searches throw up lots of German results but unfortunately the extent of my German skills go no further than "ich habe eine katze namens Munchkin"!

Essentially I'd like to be able to see some kind of notification on my TV for incoming phone calls - I have a TM Twin running VIX 3.0 773, connected to the internet with homeplugs and I just use a standard ISP supplied router (currently a BT Home Hub 3, even though I've recently switched to Plusnet). The plugin feeds throw up fritzcall and NCIDclient but is there anything I can do with these plugins with my current setup?

I don't have a fritzbox, nor any other physical NCID box/server - so my question is whether such a thing required to get a caller ID displayed on screen. Or is there another solution that doesn't require additional hardware?

Any help much appreciated :)

judge
10-11-13, 01:40
I used this last year, not sure how well it works now. Please try it & let us know.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phonetostbapp&hl=en

jimbo_jones
10-11-13, 01:52
Hi Judge,

Thanks for your response - I'll be sure to try it out with my GS3 and let you know how I get on.

However, I should have specified that I meant calls on my landline...presumably this is only an option that's suitable for an Android phone? :thumbsup:

jimbo_jones
10-11-13, 02:10
For reference, that app seems to work a treat :) Hope the attachment works...

I'm still interested to know if anyone has a landline solution though please?

danivtec
11-11-13, 22:35
Nice app, anything for iOS?