PDA

View Full Version : Difference in tuners

theblitz
09-11-13, 17:00
newbie...Hello...tips n pointers please
Hi all.

Total newbie here so please be gentle...

I have been contemplating purchasing VU+ Duo 2 (1x DVB-S2 Single + 1x DVB-C/T Tuner) Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver Full HD 1080p PVR READY...

Could anyone tell me what the difference between the two tuners are? (DVB-S2 Single & DVB-C/T)

Whats the advantage of having more tuners?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Stanman
09-11-13, 17:07
The more tuners you have the more simultaneous recordings you can do.

S2 are satellite tuner and DVB C/T are cable and terrestrial tuners

theblitz
09-11-13, 17:25
Thanks for such a prompt response Stanman. Just another quick one...

In terms of satelite tuners...would It be required for me to conect each additional tuner with a cable from my satellite dish...? Or would the 2 coax cables from my sky sat dish be all I have to connect?

abu baniaz
09-11-13, 17:37
For best results, each tuner should have a separate cable from dish.

theblitz
10-11-13, 17:26
So how many programmes can I watch/record simultaneously with the box below...

VU+ Duo 2 (1x Twin DVB-S2 Tuner) Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver Full HD 1080p PVR READY

afc_rich
10-11-13, 20:09

VU+ Duo 2 (1x Twin DVB-S2 Tuner) Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver Full HD 1080p PVR READY

With 2 tuners I believe it is 8 (4 each) but you will rarely see that.

I usually find on a dual tuner receiver I can record 2 at a time with the occasional 3rd.

You can only record more than one channel on a tuner if those channels are on the same frequency (transponder).

Stanman
10-11-13, 21:19

It depends on how many channels are on that transponder, if its only one - which is not the case in reality, you could only record the 1, if it had 5 you could record all five