PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] downgraded to fix crossepg now stuck on et9x00

river-rat
09-11-13, 13:22
im so mad its a joke,

i tried to downgrade to sort this crossepg problem out 2 and half hours in and now on box is et9x00 and nothing else

its not running no usb images or anything

i have removed the HD and followed a few guides , whats next!

river-rat
09-11-13, 16:31
anyone? as looking for the rs232 guide

river-rat
09-11-13, 18:10
glad to see the support, 8 hrs and still no box and no help off any admins :mad::mad::mad:

Stanman
09-11-13, 18:21
Am sorry I was out with the model girlfriend, driving around in the ferrari paid for from all the hours spent on this forum.

Bugger, just realised I have to go collect the rolex BBL:)

Stanman
09-11-13, 18:23
im so mad its a joke,

i tried to downgrade to sort this crossepg problem out 2 and half hours in and now on box is et9x00 and nothing else

its not running no usb images or anything

i have removed the HD and followed a few guides , whats next!

If you actually explained your issue better we may be able to help you?

Downgraded from what?

Have you tried another USB stick or image?

9/10 CEPG issue an update scan normally resolves it as it pulls the data directly from the transponder

river-rat
09-11-13, 18:40
sorry guys for the rudeness, i know u do it all to help out and don't get paid, but after trying to sort out the issue with the xtrend, where it has been posted about the cross epg, 8 hrs is a joke to sort it out

somehow i was on 782 and all i did was went into the mount image part and did a restore from 2 weeks ago, it rebooted after and since then been on just ex9x00 on front 7hrs

i know this means it is booting right? the boot loader? but i have tried nearly 12 usb sticks, also the force not the noforce and it picks nothing up in the way off images

to top it all off i just put a cm scratch in my 2k tv trying to turn the box wrong to test the usb at back, so u can understand if a little pee`d off over a bug and people screaming in the ear as no tv all day

all im looking at is a red xtrend loading screen thats it

river-rat
09-11-13, 18:44
tried 7 images from this site, black hole, open pli nothing gets picked up, even went 9 miles to get a rs232 lead that seems nothing can be done

Mr. Mister
09-11-13, 18:49
@ River Rat..
It does not matter if you posted this 8 hours ago or 1008 hours ago.. Thats totally irrelevant..
Every single member of staff on this team has a family.. Also.. Every single member of staff work 5-6 days per week at our normal jobs..
We all need family time.. Just like you need time for your family..
None of us get paid to test images or moderate this forum.. Its all voluntary.. Its a Saturday and im sure all the guys are spending much needed time with their family's..

I must apologize to you personally on behalf of all the Vix team for having a private life away for this forum and the Vix team.. ( NOT ).. So i suggest you settle down a little and show the team the respect they deserve instead of having a moan.. Moaning and being a smart-arse certainly will not get your problem fixed any earlier..

judge
09-11-13, 18:50
glad to see the support, 8 hrs and still no box and no help off any admins :mad::mad::mad:

sorry guys for the rudeness, i know u do it all to help out and don't get paid, but after trying to sort out the issue with the xtrend, where it has been posted about the cross epg, 8 hrs is a joke to sort it out

With an attitude like that, don't expect too many people to offer help.

Stanman
09-11-13, 18:54
tried 7 images from this site, black hole, open pli nothing gets picked up, even went 9 miles to get a rs232 lead that seems nothing can be done

Sounds very much like its a security board gone on the box, if your last known USB stick worked and u used it this time and have tried multiple images and still not booting, than its the security board.

Time to contact xtrend and see if they will do a FOC repair.

river-rat
09-11-13, 19:00
thanks stan,

and mr mister, it has been posted that there is a bug with xtrends on the last update about cross epg, so i think you need to look at testers first who report back and then people wont come moaning when no epg or screwed up boxes!!!!

thats the thing stan, i tried the usb when i clearly reported this morning about the bug , it wont pick up and each time on here if you look at my posts, i go to a non vix site for a image and they work

the usbs flash when booting

so no luck on rs232?

river-rat
09-11-13, 19:13
stan

anyway i can remove anything of the drive to help? or upload? as got the drive out and reading in my car plate linux machine?

Larry-G
09-11-13, 19:25

I do apologize for spending 16 hours at work today instead proving free technical support for a receiver i have never used let alone own, i really must do better.

Sicilian
09-11-13, 19:28
Your current non-booting issue and crossepg is just a coincidence, sounds like the security board has packed up on your receiver.

Ev0
09-11-13, 19:44
I do apologize for spending 16 hours at work today instead proving free technical support for a receiver i have never used let alone own, i really must do better.

Takes the piss tbh mate.

Next your be saying you want time to spend with the family, eat, shit and sleep.

Just isn't on is it :D

Stanman
10-11-13, 10:14
thanks stan,

and mr mister, it has been posted that there is a bug with xtrends on the last update about cross epg, so i think you need to look at testers first who report back and then people wont come moaning when no epg or screwed up boxes!!!!

thats the thing stan, i tried the usb when i clearly reported this morning about the bug , it wont pick up and each time on here if you look at my posts, i go to a non vix site for a image and they work

the usbs flash when booting

so no luck on rs232?

Have you tried a non VIX image that boots NOW to full setup etc?

If it does not than as I said before its a security board gone and nothing.can be fixed except by the manufacturer.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

river-rat
10-11-13, 10:45
well i tried 2 more usbs and nothing seems to be picked up by the box?

box boots, xtrend on tv, et9x00 on led, usb flashes like its being read and after 3 secs goes off?

i got the drive being read in a linux laptop and was hoping something could be copied over to it

am i doing something wrong?, now slept and claimed down a bit, sorry guys for the moan, but to downgrade to sort out a bug and then have no box was doing my head in.

Larry-G
10-11-13, 11:03
I have never used a xtrend my self but what your describing does sound like the security board has failed, if this is the case it would be a hardware failure that only the manufacturer would be able to repair.

river-rat
10-11-13, 11:19
i would normal agree with you, but very strange that it only happened after i downgraded

i may just get a new box and then sell the parts as sure things like the psu board could be handy or someone could check it

Larry-G
10-11-13, 11:23
i would normal agree with you, but very strange that it only happened after i downgraded

i may just get a new box and then sell the parts as sure things like the psu board could be handy or someone could check it

When it failed if it has indeed failed is neither here nor there as with all failures of this type it's purely random and certainly nothing to do with the image, depending on the age of the receiver the battery may have just died ( This does happen ).

river-rat
10-11-13, 11:27
battery lol wheres the battery?

Larry-G
10-11-13, 11:34
The early model ET/CT 9000 receivers had a battery that if removed would basically kill the receiver, not sure if this was phased out in later modes though as i have said i dont own a xtrend so dont tend to keep upto date with them.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5934-Read-this-Warning-all-ET-9000-Owners!

river-rat
10-11-13, 16:41
well 2 hrs on support and seems it does pick up the usb for any image or bootloaders

Larry-G
10-11-13, 16:45
well 2 hrs on support and seems it does pick up the usb for any image or bootloaders

should that be does not ?. if so then it is likely that the security board has failed.

river-rat
10-11-13, 17:26
ordered a new box, hopefully the psu will be helpful to someone

Larry-G
10-11-13, 17:31
shame you may have been able to get them to repair the security board although i'm not sure of the cost of such a repair as well as postage to and from germany as thats where it would need to be shipped.

river-rat
30-11-13, 10:28
A BIG SORRY TO ALL ADMINS

Well i brought a new solo2 after this screw up and today i took delivery on some new usb sticks

now with the ex9000 on front and days off trying and thinking the boot loader is there...... guess what, with a new usb the box flashed and is working again

how random that 4 usbs sticks didn't sort it and yet a new one today did..........

so again a big sorry for my rudeness

Larry-G
30-11-13, 10:33
I'm happy to hear that you have fixed the issue with your xtrend and thank you for keeping us updated, I also fully understand that you or any of us for that matter can at times give in to frustrations so thank you for understanding where were coming from especially when most of us dont have this receiver on which to test / help with when users come to us with problems.

river-rat
30-11-13, 10:58
WELL if anyone sees this they can see im a bigger man and say sorry and also can prove usbs sticks can be at fault lol

also need now sort out my post in the solo2 about the hdmi control mate