PDA

View Full Version : aaarrggh, what have I done

Ojustaboo
08-11-13, 17:39
Hehe, I'm up to my usual standards.

Box arrived, installed HD. booted box (VIX pre-installed), went through setup, just chose simple and single for tuners (mainly because I cant remember what I should choose for my motor, I do remember my lat and long settings though).

It only found the two built in tuners, not the 3rd one (DVB-S/S2) but I thought I'd worry about that later as maybe the initial setup only looks for two?

Anyway, all booted fine, I installed dreamboxEdit, downloaded the Vix 28.2 East Sky UK, setup a new profile making sure I saved it as enigma2 etc, uploaded it, rebooted box and it's now been stuck on "loading please wait" for 30 mins.

I've tried pulling the power for 10 mins.

Just noticed that I can still FTP into the box, so I presume I could telnet into it too.

Any suggestions please where to go from here or is it a reflash? And if it is a reflash, any idea what I've done wrong please?

Thanks

Ojustaboo
08-11-13, 17:40
Nope, telnet wont accept the password, access denied

Sicilian
08-11-13, 17:41
Power off.

Carefully remove the lid, unplug 3rd tuner and plug back in to re-seat the tuner.

Re-flash the unit.

Ojustaboo
08-11-13, 18:21
Just for info,

I reseated the tuner, re-flashed and again during the initial setup it only found tuner A and Tuner B.

However, once I'd finished the initial setup and went into the menus, and found the tuner page, Tuner C was there and I have just scanned it to test and its found loads of channels.

Now to reset and put lid back on and set up properly :)

And try to work out where I went wrong before

Ojustaboo
08-11-13, 19:15
I have all 3 tuners working.

Now to work out how to set it up so that I can pause live TV and I'm almost there

Ojustaboo
08-11-13, 19:20
Found out why I couldn't telnet, was using a program called Putty and didn't realise I had SSH ticked and not Telnet doh :)