PDA

View Full Version : picture problem

kieranj
06-11-13, 23:47
Hi,

My technomate started outputting intermittently the image below(see attachment).Had worked perfectly for the last 9 months the sound is perfect but the picture is like this on all channels.I am using HDMI changed the cable but no difference.Flashed the box to the latest vix image but problem returns after a few hours.The av setting are correct set to HDMI and tried at various resolutions.Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Kieran

Larry-G
06-11-13, 23:52
just a guess but is it possible the receiver is overheating ?.

judge
06-11-13, 23:57
To check the heat, Menu -> Information -> About
To me, it looks like flakey HDMI connection though.
Are you sure the cables are seated properly? Have you another HDMI input on the TV you can use?

kieranj
07-11-13, 00:05
Thanks for the reply but i checked the temperature no variation and have the the fan running at over 900 rpm.The hdmi is fine on the tv as have a blueray player thats work fine on the same connection.Had the hdmi routed through a amp but connected it directly to the tv but no difference.

Regards

Kieran

stuffyouguys
16-11-13, 00:46
Hi,

My technomate started outputting intermittently the image below(see attachment).Had worked perfectly for the last 9 months the sound is perfect but the picture is like this on all channels.I am using HDMI changed the cable but no difference.Flashed the box to the latest vix image but problem returns after a few hours.The av setting are correct set to HDMI and tried at various resolutions.Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Kieran

hi,
I had this problem. I also got a pink screen , no sound, sound but no picture and finally no picture or sound. i always had to change the av settings(sometimes by the display on the front of the box as i had no picture) from 1080 to any thing else and i'd get the picture and sound back. had to do this every day so I took the build version back to 750 and I've not had a problem since. hope this works for you. Rob.