PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Boot VU+ Solo2

bathingaper
06-11-13, 20:20
hey - over the past few days i've had a black screen with an error appearing which can only be bypassed if i unplugged the box and powered back on. It says that a log file is created in /hdd/ but I can't seem to find it by FTP'ing into it. I am now not able to power on the box at all as i get the error on bootup :( It looks like it's saying that there is no space left on device however I do have a 500GB HD attached with around 400GB free. I'm guessing it's talking about flash memory? Error no. 28 if this helps. I am still able to FTP to it while the error is sitting there. I've took pictures with my phone also if that helps! Can anyone help me? Can I clear stuff out through FTP? Had to happen on Champions League night!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11464271/20131106_185927.jpg

Larry-G
06-11-13, 20:24
Logs by default are saved to /home/root/logs/, if you can retrieve a few from there they would help greatly. now as to what to do now i'd just go with a fresh flash a setup from there.

These tutorials may help.

http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/

bathingaper
06-11-13, 20:25
Logs by default are saved to /home/root/logs/, if you can retrieve a few from there they would help greatly. now as to what to do now i'd just go with a fresh flash a setup from there.

These tutorials may help.

http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/

thanks, just checked that and my directory is empty.

Larry-G
06-11-13, 20:28
Ok not to worry, best to just reflash the receiver then.

p.s from your picture your box is just in whats called a bootloop, so a fresh flash should sort things out easily enough.

bathingaper
06-11-13, 20:30
I've managed to delete some languages which has free'd up some space. I can now boot up but want to know how to avoid this happening again? Some sort of swap file?

My flash states: Total 196.8M / Free 244k

Larry-G
06-11-13, 20:32
A swap file wont do any thing for you on a solo2 but slow the receiver down, simply your flash is getting filled up, by what i dont know unless you can give us a detailed rundown of your image setup.

bathingaper
06-11-13, 20:38
Ah right thanks - hmmmmm...,

Solo2 with CrossEPG. TSMedia and OnDemand plugins installed from pretty much day one (six months ago).

A few autotimers setup. Subtitles always on by default.

I'm not sure what else to list :/

Larry-G
06-11-13, 20:41
Where is the EPG saved to as this can easily corrupt and if stored on the flash it can fill it up rapidly ( in hours or less ).

bathingaper
06-11-13, 20:44
Where is the EPG saved to as this can easily corrupt and if stored on the flash it can fill it up rapidly ( in hours or less ).

saved in /media/hdd mate

Larry-G
06-11-13, 20:45
well something has gone wrong to fill the flash and without finding out what it will likely happen again. I would personally backup all important files and reflash from scratch just for peace of mind if nothing more.

bathingaper
06-11-13, 21:08
well something has gone wrong to fill the flash and without finding out what it will likely happen again. I would personally backup all important files and reflash from scratch just for peace of mind if nothing more.

thanks for that, will defo try the reflash

chaser
06-11-13, 21:35
What softcam are you using? If oscam, then be aware that it can create massive emm logs if you've enabled them. By default these logs are located at /etc/tuxbox/config

bathingaper
09-11-13, 23:06
What softcam are you using? If oscam, then be aware that it can create massive emm logs if you've enabled them. By default these logs are located at /etc/tuxbox/config

Hi there sorry for late reply. I am using CCam. However I am due to reflash this so hopefully it will fix it!