PDA

View Full Version : Help with 16 Degree East Greyed out

jfk
27-10-10, 12:27
Hi All,

Can someone help me with 16 degree east channels, they are working perfectly well before but don't know what i have done but whenever i selected the satellite all the channels will gray out. Any help please

Mr. Mister
27-10-10, 17:12
I had this problem as well..

Did you change your satelittes.xml file from 16.0E to 15.8E..??

On my old E1 box.. i was able to receiver all 16E channels.. and ever since my move to E2.. I have not been able to get any.. Not even free to air..

jfk
27-10-10, 22:23
I had this problem as well..

Did you change your satelittes.xml file from 16.0E to 15.8E..??

On my old E1 box.. i was able to receiver all 16E channels.. and ever since my move to E2.. I have not been able to get any.. Not even free to air..

Thanks, can you please explain how i can change my satalittes.xml file from 16.0e to 15.8e? i am using open pli in my vu duo box and will like to get back on track!

satmanbasil
27-10-10, 22:31
Hi mate

Look in your satellite setup is the bird you wish to see in the list of 4 satellite that you selected in setup.. I have found that sometime when you load settings it removes maybe 2 of then from the list.

regards
satmanbasil

jfk
27-10-10, 22:37
Hi mate

Look in your satellite setup is the bird you wish to see in the list of 4 satellite that you selected in setup.. I have found that sometime when you load settings it removes maybe 2 of then from the list.

regards
satmanbasil
l

Looking at my turner config turner(A) the 16 degree east is there like the other satalite but i dont know why it not working

Sicilian
28-10-10, 12:23
This sounds like an issue with your Satellites.xml file. Try using Catseye Enigma2 settings in our downloads and see if 16deg works for you.

tomthebomb1968
28-10-10, 17:13
I downloaded a new Satellites.xml from the satellites-xml.eu/ website and its listing 16e as 15.8. Just edit it back to 16 and your channels will be available again.

Mr. Mister
29-10-10, 01:04
Hi Tom..
I tried this and it did not work for me.. My 16E is still just black screens on my Vu with 5% signal strength ..

But if i shove an old DM500 in.. it works perfect.. and getting 66% signal..

I have also tried all E2 settings i can get my hands on.. just to see if they made a difference.. but to no avail..

Sicilian
29-10-10, 05:55
Hi Tom..
I tried this and it did not work for me.. My 16E is still just black screens on my Vu with 5% signal strength ..

But if i shove an old DM500 in.. it works perfect.. and getting 66% signal..

I have also tried all E2 settings i can get my hands on.. just to see if they made a difference.. but to no avail..

Try Catseyes settings, working spot on here, 16deg is not greyed out.

Please post you settings here and I'll have a look through them.

Mr. Mister
29-10-10, 16:55
Have tried Catseyes settings as well..

No joy..

The channels are not greyed out at all in channel list.. Its just a black screen when i select a channel on 16E..

jfk
30-10-10, 18:48
This sounds like an issue with your Satellites.xml file. Try using Catseye Enigma2 settings in our downloads and see if 16deg works for you.

I cant find this file i tried to seach forum but only find this (Catseye E2 Settings File 75 East-58 ); is it the same file that u are talking about?
Thanks

Mr. Mister
30-10-10, 20:40
Yes buddy..
Those are the ones i used.. Still did not make any difference to me..

jfk
03-11-10, 21:54

I have tried to send Catseye Enigma2 to the vu duo but i go this message"Tranfer aborted, error sending file Lamedb to the dreambox, disconnecting, disconnected.
Anybody knows what am doing wrong here?

Wizard
04-11-10, 00:01
Hi JFK

Try using Dreamboxedit 4.0.0, make sure you don't have Auto Reload Settings Enigma 2 ticked. Go into Options select your box's ip, Username & Password. Make sure you select Engima 2 Settings, Test IP, Test Username & Password. Then hit the FTP button. Once sent press the OK button followed by the Reload Settings button. Should work ok.

Regards

Wizard

jfk
04-11-10, 13:56
Hi JFK

Try using Dreamboxedit 4.0.0, make sure you don't have Auto Reload Settings Enigma 2 ticked. Go into Options select your box's ip, Username & Password. Make sure you select Engima 2 Settings, Test IP, Test Username & Password. Then hit the FTP button. Once sent press the OK button followed by the Reload Settings button. Should work ok.

Regards

Wizard

Thanks all
it worked like charm. I untick auto reload seeting Enigma 2, save my ip settings and everything perfectly. I now have my 16 dgree east sorted. Thanks to Catseye for all his work