PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ duo losing sat config

kierank01
06-11-13, 00:36
Hi,

I rebooted my vu+ duo last week, and now I cannot view any sat channels, the error I get is:

Service unavailable!
Check Tuner configuration!

When I go to the service searching > tuner config, and go into either tuner A or B, I can only choose automatic or nothing configured, normally I can choose a load of different sats.
If I simple/single mode, & choose auto, and press save, I get a message:

Checking tuner 0
DiSEqC port A for astra 2 28.2e

The screen freezes there, and the only option is to abort, but pressing abort does nothing.
The box is not hung, because I can go the the web interface, and change channels to a dtt station, and view that, but the 'checking tuner 0' message stays up, the only way to get rid of it is to reboot.

this happened to me last week, and I tried a load of things to try and fix it, but couldn't resolve it.
I replaced the satellite.xml file (in a number of locations)
I did a factory reset, and reloaded a settings backup
I did a factory reset, without loading a backup.

I was running an old version of VIX, so decided to flash the latest, which worked fine, but now the same issue has recurred, and I would like to resolve it without having to reflash again, and if it happens after a reflash, it will probably happen again...

I have flashed blackhole onto the box, and the same issue is occurring, which would suggest that it is not an image issue.

Any ideals?

Burnham
06-11-13, 00:51
Deleted text - post above is duplicated elsewhere

satmanbasil
07-11-13, 00:03
Hi mate

Can you give us the breakdown of your tuner settings and did you config tuner b too loop via tuner a

kierank01
07-11-13, 00:39
Hi mate

Can you give us the breakdown of your tuner settings and did you config tuner b too loop via tuner a

both tuners were configured as simple/single/28.2e/diseqc:no

When i reboot, the only options for the satellite is auto or not connected

satmanbasil
07-11-13, 15:51
Hi mate

are you using two lnb inputs or one ? if one then in setup loop tuner b thru tuner a so whatever connector your pluged into will give the same results.
another thing im worried about is you say you updated the satellite xml file in various places, you only need to do this in one location can I suggest you via plugins download a motor satellite settings, reboot and see how that goes, make sure your dish is pointing at the bird you wish to view and that your settings have the bird listed in the group, take you know that if u toggle the < > buttons allows you to change settings in this menu?