PDA

View Full Version : RF Modulator

m1nz
05-11-13, 20:43
As the solo 2 does not have a RF out I have purchased a Trix Link RF Modulator. It connects to a multiSwich.

The main TV connects via HDMI to the solo2 and the Scart connects to the solo 2 and Trix Link RF Modulator.

The RF TV will only show if in the AV settings on the solo2 i change from HDMI to Scart.

My question is does is effect the quality changing from HDMI to scart from the AV settings even if the tv is connected via HDMI.

Why dont the vix team have a option to have both enabled from the AV settings

Sicilian
06-11-13, 05:17
The Solo2 does output to both Scart and HDMI.

Setup your scart output settings then switch back to HMDI.

Rob van der Does
06-11-13, 05:42
Why dont the vix team have a option to have both enabled from the AV settings
LOL we have: just go to any output and make the settings. All outputs are simultaneous and independent (with the exception of component: when using component scart will also have to be set to component).

So you can use at the same time: HDMI/Scart (set to S-Video/CVBS/RGB/Component)/Component

m1nz
06-11-13, 15:11
The issue is if i switch back to HDMI, the tv connected to the RF i get last forzen picture and just sound. When i reboot the solo2 the RF out TV gets sound but only showing the Open Vix Home Screen. If i switch back to Scart i have to reboot the solo2 to get the RF out picture to work. i am on 775.

So from my test i have to leave the av setting to Scart inorder get the RF out when though the main TV is connected via HDMI to the box

Rob van der Does
06-11-13, 15:17
I can't reproduce that issue.
You did save every time before changing HDMI --> Scart --> HDMI ?

m1nz
07-11-13, 15:36
Yes i have saved everytime. I dont know if it's the RF Trix link which is at fault. currenlty setting av to Scart while solo2 is connected via HDMI works fine via the RF out TV.