PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Can I have my AutoASpect Ratio back now please?

sandiego69
05-11-13, 15:38
Sorry, but I am not impressed with all the tinkering with VideoMode or Resolution etc.

I really don't care whether the picture is 1280, 720, 540 or whatever. I just want to be able to, as before, with one button press, alter any picture ratio on any channel that either permanently or temporarily transmits a picture that is displayed incorrectly on my Sony Bravia.

I cannot believe that I am alone here in this request that the developers reconsider their approach to, what to me is, a really annoying feature of OpenVix. In all other aspects Vix is second to none for reliability, features and stability.

Sicilian
06-11-13, 07:33
Simple answer is disable it :rolleyes:

sandiego69
06-11-13, 10:08
'Disabling' was the first thing I did. However, you are not alone here by missing my point in both here and other threads.. It is not RESOLUTION I am concerned with. It is RATIO. Please re-read my post above. When I had the plugin AutoAspectRatio I could alter an incorrectly transmitted picture that some channels had. For example, a squashed up 4:3 picture could be instantly switched to 16:9.

Why am I having so much of a problem getting myself understood.

andyblac
06-11-13, 13:30
'Disabling' was the first thing I did. However, you are not alone here by missing my point in both here and other threads.. It is not RESOLUTION I am concerned with. It is RATIO. Please re-read my post above. When I had the plugin AutoAspectRatio I could alter an incorrectly transmitted picture that some channels had. For example, a squashed up 4:3 picture could be instantly switched to 16:9.

Why am I having so much of a problem getting myself understood.

does your TV not have a button for that ?

abu baniaz
06-11-13, 16:09
My TV does not . I too would like to have the Ratio setting back if possible please. I can't get on with pillar box viewing/having to change it every time.

richardinspain
06-11-13, 16:33
i don't have a disable option on mine, am running current 776
and when i try to change 'display 4:3 content' it crashes the box...any ideas?
thanks

andyblac
06-11-13, 16:38
guy's just do not understand you issues, aspect is working, what the problem ?

Sicilian
06-11-13, 16:45
Can we have a step by step to replicate your issue.

richardinspain
06-11-13, 17:06
My issue is on the gigablue quad so i'll start a new thread

Rob van der Does
06-11-13, 17:19
In any step-by-step it's important to give access to the files used for playback.

abu baniaz
06-11-13, 18:05
Yes you are correct. This has to be set before enabling the Auto Resolution.

BubbleBalls
06-11-13, 18:07
No issues with my Quad after a fresh flash at 750 (or was it 760?).

Tapatalker

Larry-G
06-11-13, 18:07

Working fine for me, and i dont use Auto Resolution.

Trial
06-11-13, 18:27
Hi,

i don't have a disable option on mine, am running current 776
and when i try to change 'display 4:3 content' it crashes the box...any ideas?
thanks
yes. You updated from a build <760 to a build >760. Build #760 or later requires a fresh install. Backup your settings, flash a current version and restore your settings.

ciao

andyblac
06-11-13, 19:29
Yes you are correct. This has to be set before enabling the Auto Resolution.

aspect has nothing to do with Auto Resolution.

abu baniaz
06-11-13, 19:48
aspect has nothing to do with Auto Resolution.
Yes. That is where the confusion has come from. Someone mentions aspect, and discussion digresses to resolution.
Following my receiver blip yesterday, I have started fresh with no restore. All is well now.

Trial
07-11-13, 09:32
Hi,
I think the abbreviation AR might confuse people because it can mean Auto Resolution but also Aspect Ratio and both have something to do with the display format.

ciao

garyblas
07-11-13, 10:19
Im running 775, did fresh flash when changed to 760.
My TV is a Panasonic which does auto aspect, however if i watch a free to air normal tv program broadcast in 4:3 mode it auto adjusts. If i switch to my Vu Duo box to watch the same program it stays in 4:3 mode

Therefore i must agree with other posts Aspect does not work?

My settings are correct:

Rob van der Does
07-11-13, 10:32
Im running 775, did fresh flash when changed to 760.
My TV is a Panasonic which does auto aspect, however if i watch a free to air normal tv program broadcast in 4:3 mode it auto adjusts. If i switch to my Vu Duo box to watch the same program it stays in 4:3 mode

Therefore i must agree with other posts Aspect does not work?

My settings are correct:
Not sure what you mean now, as you have 'just scale' for 4:3. Normally one would use 'Pillarbox'.

garyblas
07-11-13, 11:36
Not sure what you mean now, as you have 'just scale' for 4:3. Normally one would use 'Pillarbox'.

Regardless of setting it always shows the screen in Pillarbox
i.e Black lines down the side - I prefer it to fill the screen

Rob van der Does
07-11-13, 11:42
Regardless of setting it always shows the screen in Pillarbox
i.e Black lines down the side - I prefer it to fill the screen
Then it looks like the signal is actually 16:9 (i.e. the black bars are in the video). Many 4:3 contents is being transmitted that way.

And about the TV doing auto-aspect: as far as I know the HDMI-signal sent by the STB is always 16:9, so there's not much 'auto' to do.

garyblas
07-11-13, 11:55
Then it looks like the signal is actually 16:9 (i.e. the black bars are in the video). Many 4:3 contents is being transmitted that way.

And about the TV doing auto-aspect: as far as I know the HDMI-signal sent by the STB is always 16:9, so there's not much 'auto' to do.

OK.. still dont explain why then in normal free to air on TV same program does fill screen..
Just have to live with it.

Cheers

Mr. Mister
07-11-13, 12:03
Gary.. Change your pillar box to Just Scale..

Works for me on my Quad..

ronand
07-11-13, 12:16
4:3 content shown on a HD channel is usually transmitted as 16:9 - the pillarbox is intended to be there. An example of this would be The Simpsons on Sky One HD.

Rob van der Does
07-11-13, 12:17
OK.. still dont explain why then in normal free to air on TV same program does fill screen.
I need some more inf: are you now comparing the same program on two different channels? If so, one will be sending in 4:3 and the other channel in 16:9. At least, that's what I understand from your report.
And if so: nothing can be changed about that. Any 16:9 signal will be reproduced by the box in 16:9. Only a 4:3 signal can be re-adjusted via the 'show 4:3 as .....'.

Tip: you can see the actual ration that's in the signal. The icon's in OSD will show either 4:3 or 16:9. And if 16:9, nothing can be changed at all. Not before the recent changes and not now.

garyblas
07-11-13, 13:33
I need some more inf: are you now comparing the same program on two different channels? If so, one will be sending in 4:3 and the other channel in 16:9. At least, that's what I understand from your report.
And if so: nothing can be changed about that. Any 16:9 signal will be reproduced by the box in 16:9. Only a 4:3 signal can be re-adjusted via the 'show 4:3 as .....'.

Tip: you can see the actual ration that's in the signal. The icon's in OSD will show either 4:3 or 16:9. And if 16:9, nothing can be changed at all. Not before the recent changes and not now.

Ok i was watching Frazier on Channel 4 , using my normal tv not box it shows the program full screen.
Switching on box and putting on same channel I get picture in pillar box format.
Dont think my OSD shows format, unless you mean 544x576i25 as in attachment?30188

Creators
07-11-13, 19:21
Ok i was watching Frazier on Channel 4 , using my normal tv not box it shows the program full screen.
Switching on box and putting on same channel I get picture in pillar box format.
Dont think my OSD shows format, unless you mean 544x576i25 as in attachment?30188

Maybe live TV screen format is set to "smart", but the TV hdmi is set to "wide"?

garyblas
07-11-13, 20:44
Both set to Auto

Sirius
08-11-13, 00:19
Both set to Auto

Switch both off on your tv. And see if it sorts your problem

zoro25
08-11-13, 01:09
Also disabled on mine,
My issue was my Sharp TV just got confused with the ration and picture size adjusting resulting in long black screens when moving from HD to SD.

Now it is off everything is back to working fine again with V-quick Zaps.