PDA

View Full Version : Wanted backup.

Blu-ray
05-11-13, 12:15
Need VU+DUO Backup with VIX 775 to put on usb stick, have tried to update all ok until it says remove usb stick and reboot then just hangs, have tried bootloader then 775, unplugged hard drive then bootloader and 775. Can't excess box to get logs or backup.

Mr. Mister
05-11-13, 13:23
Use the Vix image manager to flash your box.. and report back..

Blu-ray
05-11-13, 13:46
Use the Vix image manager to flash your box.. and report back..

Can't excess menu in stb to do anything just hangs, box just says starting.

garryboy
05-11-13, 19:27
I don't follow?

Can u not download 775 from here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BDuo/

R u loooking for a member to create a back up image of build 775 and share it with you?

Many members images will have things they may not wish to share;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
05-11-13, 19:31
There is also no need to continually reflash the bootloader, flashing a bootloader needs to be done only once and if something goes wrong during this flash you will brick the receiver.

Try formatting your USB stick(s) with the HP format tool.

Blu-ray
06-11-13, 12:26
Update on my VU+DUO, tried updating from Vix 654 to Vix 773 stb got stuck on starting,tried boot loader/ flashing Vix 773, disconnecting hard drive, NOTHING i did would work. A very nice chap on another forum gave me a backup of his VU+DUO stb as NOBODY on this forum would ablige and it kicked it back to life again reflashed with Vix 773 and all back working ok.The END.

Larry-G
06-11-13, 17:13
Update on my VU+DUO, tried updating from Vix 654 to Vix 773 stb got stuck on starting,tried boot loader/ flashing Vix 773, disconnecting hard drive, NOTHING i did would work. A very nice chap on another forum gave me a backup of his VU+DUO stb as NOBODY on this forum would ablige and it kicked it back to life again reflashed with Vix 773 and all back working ok.The END.

We dont do backup images on this forum so no point moaning to us about that.

Also we very clearly stated in multiple threads and two separate announcements that you could NOT use the online updater from images earlier than build 760. If you did not follow that advice you can only blame your self.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Blu-ray
06-11-13, 18:46
Vix 773 on a usb stick is NOT a online update please read the whole thing if you are going to quote me.

pooface
06-11-13, 19:35
Vix 773 on a usb stick is NOT a online update please read the whole thing if you are going to quote me.

But in you're thread, you said you tried going from 653 it whatever it was to latest build, which does not file the guidance given...

Also, it could be the sign of a dying duo, since that is one of the signs is it not? Also, powering down for an hour can help...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Blu-ray
06-11-13, 19:47
To make things clear i tried to update VU+Duo from Vix 653 using a usb stick NOT a online update to Vix 773 and stb had frozen on starting nothing i tried would work as the stb would not respond to nothing i tried,so i put a Vix backup on usb stick and the box rebooted and then using a usb stick updated to Vix 773 all ok.

Larry-G
06-11-13, 20:21
It still stands that we dont do backup images here and most are not happy giving others a backup of their image as it can contain private information they would rather not give out over the internet. Plus the fact that there is nothing in a backup different to the virgin image that would prevent the image working or otherwise so personally i feel your having a pop very unfairly.

There are many things you could have tried such as producing a bootlog, trying multiple image builds, trying different images, but instead you just decide to have a pop and wonder why no one helps when you have such a attitude ?.