PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Moral of story - don't use meoboot! LOL

boyofford
05-11-13, 10:17
All fixed now, so no support needed but thought I'd mention my troubles!

I had vix running in meoboot, a big no no, but I didn't know previous.

Got it all setup fine, having been used to blackhole, vix was all new too me and I went on this forum to find where couple of things where and found out meoboot a big no no.

Anyhow been working ok but thought I'd flash vix to the box the proper way and that's where my problems started lol.

I went back into my blackhole installation to delete meoboot and my remote didn't work, though could control via Android vu player app. So had a bit of a play but couldn't get it working, so thought would just re-flash with vix.

Reflashed ok but remote didnt now work in vix either and worse vu+ player didn't control as stuck at resolution option screen.

Three usbs, multiple flashes and disconnect of hardrive later I was no where so went to bed. Not good as Mrs etc want working tv lol.

This morning just had a thought and changed remote code, via remote and it works again!

Not sure how meoboot could change my remote code? Anyhow it now works and 15 minutes later I had all setup again!:)

Lesson learnt, don't use meoboot, I wish they stressed how buggy it was on blackhole forum as much as you do here!

Mr. Mister
05-11-13, 10:42
Glad you are sorted.. and all running again..

Meoboot may work fine with the blackhole image.. I have no idea as i have never tried both together..

But.. It has been mentioned dozens of times on this forum that Vix image does not support MeoBoot or any other multiboot plugin..

Good job you got it working again.. And you havent bricked your receiver..

boyofford
05-11-13, 13:45
And you havent bricked your receiver..

I know!!! had me a arse clenching moment there!

Thought I'd post as warning to others, and a possible fix if they had remote problem!