PDA

View Full Version : New owner - Simple Duo2 question on FPGA Firmware Upgrade

Burnham
04-11-13, 16:19
Box is only a few days old (shipped by WoS on 1.Nov.2013).

In the Vix Menu > Firmware Upgrade section it is showing "Firmware................FPGA" in the Upgrade menu.

I assume it is recommended to run this upgrade, but could someone please confirm.

It might help other new owners if a sticky could be put up in the top of this sub-forum with a list of necessary updates. This sticky should be brought up to date depending on what is required from time to time. For instance, I note that back in July 2013 it was necessary to update the bootloader and a VFD firmware update was needed. I assume that, as of now (early November 2013) only the FPGA upgrade is needed.

Larry-G
04-11-13, 16:23
FPGA updates are updates only for boxes with removable tuner cards. Your receiver is so new so wont need a update it would have been done at the factory or by the sponsor if you requested a specific image be flashed prior to shipping.

When it does need a update a forum announcement will be made, with full instructions.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Trial
04-11-13, 16:24
Hi,
there is no FPGA Update for the DUO2 but there is a VFD Update. Change to VFD and then download and you should see the update selected.

ciao

Burnham
05-11-13, 16:08
Hello Trial - where do I access the VFD Update process. Can't see anything in the Firmware Upgrade section on my Duo2. ....... later edit to update.... see below

Found out from VU+ website. For anyone else reading this the answer is to press the right arrow key when you see the Firmware................FPGA message - it changes to Firmware................VFD.

I read in another post that the VFD upgrade is only necessary if there are problems with slow response from the remote control. As I don't have that issue I might leave this one alone.