PDA

View Full Version : Which configuration file contains remote control mapping ?

sagatr
04-11-13, 14:52
Hi

Can someone please tell me which configuration file contains remote control mapping. I would like to look at this file so i can disable certain keys from responding to the remote control. Once i can figure this out i can make a fully fictional universal remote control. I have managed to get the One for all URC 7140 remote 95% working on the solo2.

Hoping to get it 100% working.

Thanks.

Larry-G
04-11-13, 15:02
you need the keymap.xml file ( dont know where it resides ), beware however that messing with this file can cause issues with other parts of the image if your not careful.

sagatr
04-11-13, 18:11
I have found the xml file in the following location: /usr/share/enigma2/keymap.xml.

if i want to remove the mapping for the radio button the code looks like this:
<key flags="b" mapto="showRadio" id="KEY_RADIO"/>

Is there an id that maps to nothing or NULL that does not do anything when it receives a radio button key press ?

or can i just do this :

<key flags="b" mapto="showRadio" id=""/>

sagatr
05-11-13, 16:13
Ok guys i made some progress with the keymap.xml file. I decided to block the audio button instead or the radio button as stated above. I found the 4 lines of code below:

<key id="KEY_AUDIO" mapto="audioSelection" flags="m" />

<key id="KEY_AUDIO" mapto="AudioSelection" flags="m" />

<key id="KEY_AUDIO" mapto="AudioSelection" flags="m" />

<key id="KEY_AUDIO" mapto="dvdAudioMenu" flags="l" />

Firstly i changed the mapto="AudioSelection" to mapto=""

Then i removed the 4 lines of code altogether. But both method does the same job. They make audio button do nothing but the box picks up the button press and displays a flashing invalid button press icon on the top right of the display like a battery logo with line across it.

The remote is now 98% working except every time i press any button the icon flashes on top of the screen which is annoying.

Is there any way to disable this icon from flashing on top of the screen or stop the box from receiving the signal from the audio button press. Once i have made the remote work 100% i will post a guide on how to make any programmable One For All remote control work on Vu+ Solo2.

b0b6y
18-12-13, 22:22
tnx for the information sagatr
could you tell us what device code you used for solo2.it will be great help tnx.