PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ DUO: issue with playing DivX/MKV

stema76
03-11-13, 09:51
Hi everybody,
sorry to be here again, but I'm experiencing some issue playing DixV/MKV and also my personal home video files with my Vu DUO directly from the internal Hard Drive.
The issue is the following: the movie/home video start properly but after some second the audio start disappearing while video continue playing.
Some other time the opposite: audio works fine but the video stucks.
It seems the Vu DUO it's not able to computing the file; if I restart the Vu DUO and I play the same video files it works properly.

Any ideas ?

ismailbmw
03-11-13, 17:18
HI I am having the same issues, with .avi transferred to box. where it will play around 20mins then the VIX logo starts to spin and box does a soft reboot. The same file will then play once I have restarted the box. Could it be a memory issue?

Burnham
03-11-13, 17:40
Might be worth setting up a swap file on your hard drive or a USB stick.

stema76
03-11-13, 18:16
Hi,
in my case the swap file is up and running, I created it on the HD (128Mb). I tried also to move it on an external USB pendrive, but nothing changed.
I'm sure that this issue didn't happen running the OS version 3.0.740: I was always able to play my DivX without any audio/video interruptions.
In the past few days I tried also with OS versions 3.0.765, 3.0.770 and the last 3.0.775; now my Vu DUO is running 3.0.763 but the problem still occurs.

afc_rich
03-11-13, 19:25
I had issues with certain MKV files and eventually gave up with the Duo. Being able to watch a compressed format always relies on how the original file was created. The Duo doesn't have enough processing power to encode some of these movies (after all it was designed to be a satellite receiver and not a home media center).

As frustrating as it may be not to have everything in one place I would recommend using a different solution. I have a server holding all my media and stream it to the PS3 using PS3 Media Server. All the encoding is done on the server side and I have yet to come across a file that I cannot play.

Alternatively if there is a decent DLNA plugin available you could potentially connect the Duo to a server/workstation running PS3 Media Server

cactikid
03-11-13, 19:35
does something like vlc work those files as it used to be downloadable from plugins:)

ismailbmw
05-11-13, 20:55
Just incase this issue still exist. I have managed to get .avi and mkv playing without an issue. Maybe a bit dramatic but I installed build 775 from scratch, did not resotr anything and started again. So far no issue and my son can watch his Disney Planes without any box crashes. I have also created a 256 swap on USB.