PDA

View Full Version : Timer problems

skratch
03-11-13, 01:06
Sometimes when I setup recordings for auto timers they record everyday ie. Eastenders it didn't find all the days it was on so I changed it to everyday now it records at the time it's suppose to even when it's not on, it will say it's recording eastenders even when it's not eastenders on. Is this an auto timer problem and is anyone else having problems because I don't remember having these problems before.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

skratch
03-11-13, 13:09
Anyone please?

Stanman
03-11-13, 14:27
Can you do a screen dump of the EE AT.

Also what does it say on the infobar / EPG as the programme name?

skratch
03-11-13, 23:59
Ok I have setup Agenda on itv as an example so it should in theory check to see if it is on daily BUT instead it records every day thinking it is on and As you can see says it is recording agenda but it isn't.

Stanman
04-11-13, 15:30
What did red press for single EPG show for that time span?

If that had it as Agenda them it would be recorded.

Can you show the actual autotimer settings for agenda and the default for AT- in autotimers press menu and default setup.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

skratch
04-11-13, 20:37

Can you show the actual autotimer settings for agenda and the default for AT- in autotimers press menu and default setup.

Not sure if i quite understand what you mean but if you look at this image it shows that Agenda is recording but it shows OCD Ward was on.

skratch
04-11-13, 20:39

This is the timer details for Agenda.

Stanman
04-11-13, 22:41
You have set up a timer entry and not an autotimer.

You have basically set it to record on ITV HD between those times.

To set up an autotimer, you either press red for single EPG or multi EPG and press blue to add an autotomer.

skratch
04-11-13, 23:00
Cheers I thought you may say that I usually press record then the blue button but I find that recently not all the times it is on are found.

skratch
04-11-13, 23:08
One more thing I find is not all the recordings are showing on the default epg.

Stanman
04-11-13, 23:10
Two ways you can do this -
Press info bar and red for single EPG and then highlight program and press BLUE for autotomer and than set up parameters as you want. Choosing unique description or time spans will either record none duplicate recordings or only during the time span specified.

skratch
05-11-13, 20:34
Ok and what about timers i have set up not showing up on the epg should it be showing a R symbol and a green symbol for auto timers? because it doesn't.

Stanman
05-11-13, 20:42
Yes it should, can you try and add a new AT and see if it does not not?

Are you using the default skin?

skratch
05-11-13, 22:46
Yes it should, can you try and add a new AT and see if it does not not?

Are you using the default skin?

Just tried and the icons are not showing on the epg, im using vix magic skin.

Stanman
07-11-13, 22:27
Try with the default VIX night or day skin

skratch
08-11-13, 10:33
Try with the default VIX night or day skin

No same problem im going to delete all my timers is it just the timer file i need to delete to clear them all? also shall i clear my Bouquets as some of my timers seem to display old bouquets i dont even use anymore and im wondering if this is the problem?

skratch
08-11-13, 11:13
I have cleared all timers even deleted the file in etc/enigma2 and all my bouquets and channels and it still doesnt show icons when a AT is set-up, i save my epg data to usb stick could this be the problem?

skratch
08-11-13, 11:28
Ok as you can see Eastenders is setup to record and shows on the timer list but no icon i have deleted all the epg data and reloaded it and now i have no idea what else to do.

fizzz33
08-11-13, 11:54
Is this the timer that is part of the image or the autotimer download from feeds as you need to download and install the autotimer from the feeds in order to single out a certain programme and record it everytime it is on. The timer within the image will only record betweeen the time and day specified regardless of what it is called. I'm not sure about the Vix image as I use a different image but I have had a similar problem with that image but all sorted by installing the Autotimer from the feeds/downloads.

skratch
08-11-13, 16:12
Is this the timer that is part of the image or the autotimer download from feeds as you need to download and install the autotimer from the feeds in order to single out a certain programme and record it everytime it is on. The timer within the image will only record betweeen the time and day specified regardless of what it is called. I'm not sure about the Vix image as I use a different image but I have had a similar problem with that image but all sorted by installing the Autotimer from the feeds/downloads.

Ah ok I have looked on the feeds and I couldn't see it. I got it working but I noticed there was no channel no's which is the reason I use e28.2 plugin so I ran e28.2 plugin again and now the icons have gone again off the epg. Here is exactly that I did from fresh (no channel's) I ran the bouquet plug-in created all channels with channel no's then I ran iptv plugin after that I added my region bouquet I have made via idreamx then after that I noticed the channel no's had gone ie. Just bbc one not 101 bbc one but the icons was on the epg for recordings and AT but I wanted the channel no's so re ran the bouquet plugin and after that the icons had gone again on the epg. I hope this is enough info could be a possible bug .

skratch
08-11-13, 23:50
Ok sorted it BUT not how i wanted it, only works with Auto Bouquet maker that is on vix image. E2 Auto bouquet is not showing the icons with auto timers on the epg is there a script so i can have sly channel no's?

judge
09-11-13, 00:53
No need for a script, what screens do you want to show sky channel numbers on?

skratch
09-11-13, 00:57
No need for a script, what screens do you want to show sky channel numbers on?

Mainly the epg and on the info bar mate like this pic.

judge
09-11-13, 01:15
For infobar, Menu -> Setup -> System -> User Interface -> Settings -> Show channel number in infobar = yes.
As for GEPG, it's not currently possible & probably the reason you're having issues with timers not showing up as if you choose that option in Laziers plugin, it renames the channel to SKY Number + Sky Channel name, rather than using the real channel name (I could be wrong on this as it's a while since I checked).

TBH, I'm not keen on picons in GEPG, just use the channel name, easier to read. Sky numbers in infobars is enough for me.

skratch
09-11-13, 01:20
For infobar, Menu -> Setup -> System -> User Interface -> Settings -> Show channel number in infobar = yes.
As for GEPG, it's not currently possible & probably the reason you're having issues with timers not showing up as if you choose that option in Laziers plugin, it renames the channel to SKY Number + Sky Channel name, rather than using the real channel name (I could be wrong on this as it's a while since I checked).

TBH, I'm not keen on picons in GEPG, just use the channel name, easier to read. Sky numbers in infobars is enough for me.

Awesome mate thanks very much for that, as for the epg that is a shame I hope this can be an option in the future.

judge
09-11-13, 01:36
as for the epg that is a shame I hope this can be an option in the future.

Presume it can be done but would require Andy to do some extra coding & he's pretty bogged down with feature requests as well as fixing various bugs & real life.
When in GEPG, press Menu -> Service Title mode, adding Service ID to these options could be done in the future... but it's not a feature I'd be too bothered with.

skratch
09-11-13, 01:40
Presume it can be done but would require Andy to do some extra coding & he's pretty bogged down with feature requests as well as fixing various bugs & real life.
When in GEPG, press Menu -> Service Title mode, adding Service ID to these options could be done in the future... but it's not a feature I'd be too bothered with.

I understand that would be good though in the future, what about the option when making the bouquets themselves ie. same as E2 plugin or would this still cause AT icon problems?

judge
09-11-13, 01:50
I understand that would be good though in the future, what about the option when making the bouquets themselves ie. same as E2 plugin or would this still cause AT icon problems?

As far as I'm concerned, if you want to use SKY bouquets, the inbuilt ABM works perfectly.
If you want to add extra info to channel names, it's going to be a pain with auto timers.

You could try long press of blue button, then menu press to see what options suit your needs.

skratch
09-11-13, 01:51
Ok Judge thanks for all the help mate.

skratch
25-11-13, 23:48
As far as I'm concerned, if you want to use SKY bouquets, the inbuilt ABM works perfectly.
If you want to add extra info to channel names, it's going to be a pain with auto timers.

You could try long press of blue button, then menu press to see what options suit your needs.

The main reason i like E2 by LraiZer is it adds the irish channels is there an option to add them on ABM as an extra like E2?

judge
25-11-13, 23:54
The inbuilt ABM does Irish scans perfectly.

skratch
26-11-13, 10:58
The inbuilt ABM does Irish scans perfectly.

I appreciate that but can i build the uk bouquets and include the irish channels to the bouquets ie. rtejnr was added to 637 really cool way of doing it, is this an option im missing somewhere with ABM?

skratch
03-12-13, 14:14
Ok ive deleted ALL my timers including my AT and now im using the default ABM, cleared all bouquets and rebuilt them with the default ABM and still having timer problems please see log file.

skratch
27-12-13, 20:47
Any luck on this problem because it is still happening especially with ongoing auto timers.

skratch
14-03-14, 19:59
Ok so i am still having problems with auto timer, i have searched the forum but cannot find any relation to m issue, Shall i mention it on this post or start a new thread?