PDA

View Full Version : Box stuck on starting

dougieduncan
01-11-13, 23:29
hi tried updating by usb latest image. all went well and remove usb came on screen checked what build I was on but in information still said I was on 729 so tried again this time box is stuck and states starting on box screen tried all usb ports tried other usb sticks but doesn't work just states starting anyone got any ideas would be much appreciated,

has786
01-11-13, 23:39
Hi did you press the exit button repeatedly when you turned the box on after flashing was completed?

dougieduncan
01-11-13, 23:49
hi thanks for reply yes I did as I said it went fine but I was still on the old build according to information,

dougieduncan
01-11-13, 23:50
haven't a clue what to do now

Sanjhere
02-11-13, 00:34
Hello Dougie,

I had a problem with the flash, mine partly did it and showed the new image and version info but it had not flashed completely.

Judge suggested using the HP format tool. Extract the image from the zip and put the whole folder onto the USB. That worked wonders for me, flashed within 2 minutes.

Please look for the HP format tool on the forum.

By the way, I have always understood that you should use the USB at the front of the unit, that's what I did on mine.

I hope it works for you.

Good luck

abu baniaz
02-11-13, 00:36
Can you get into the alternate operating ssytem. Repeatedly Press Menu while booting?

Try to reflash the bootloader by RS232. It will need to be jtagged if you cannot flash. The recovery tool is in the Twin section if I remember correctly. Make sure you downlaod and use the 2T bootloader.

dougieduncan
02-11-13, 08:46
hi sanjhere
thanks for reply i used the format tool , put the whole update folder onto usb ,tried all 3 usb on unit still nothing , just says starting on front panel

dougieduncan
02-11-13, 08:50
thanks abu
I didn't want to press anything , as for reflashing the bootloader by rs232 ,that's sounds a bit complicated to me bear in mind im still quite new to all of this

Sicilian
02-11-13, 09:03
If you have internal HDD, power off, disconnect the HDD and try booting again.

dougieduncan
02-11-13, 09:14
If you have internal HDD, power off, disconnect the HDD and try booting again.

thanks Sicilian box came with internal hard drive, how do I disconnect hdd

Sicilian
02-11-13, 09:48
Disconnect power, unscrew lid, carefully disconnect SATA cable from motherboard.

Sanjhere
02-11-13, 13:29
Hello Dougie,

I am a newbie like you so Sicilian and others know a lot better than me but to state the obvious, I have to turn the power off to the unit via the rocker switch at the back, put the USB in, turn the unit on and keep pressing CH- to get the unit to read from the flash.

Do you need to press a button to get the unit to read you USB? I know I had a lesson in finding that out when I first reflashed a couple of years back.

Larry-G
02-11-13, 13:37
This is the exact flash procedure for the TM-2t and ViX images.

http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/&file=How%20to%20flash%20a%20TM-2T-OE.pdf

depending on the image your currently using you may need to update the bootloader ( same procedure as flashing a image but do this first )

http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/TM-2T/

dougieduncan
02-11-13, 18:47
hi sanjhere
ive never pressed a button to get unit to read usb, do you mean keep pressing channel down button so that the unit will read the usb

Larry-G
02-11-13, 18:52
as per the tutorial i created / quoted for the TM-2T

Preparation.
1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named openvix-3.0.658-tm2t_usb, you will see another folder named update, this is your image file. Copy the entire
update folder directly to the USB stick.

Flashing the Receiver.
– Fully power the receiver down via the rocker switch at the rear of the receiver.
– Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver.
– Power the receiver on from the rear rocker switch and await instructions.

As your TM-2T-OE starts to power up you should see a prompt on the receivers display asking you
to press the ok button, at this point you need to press the ok button on the front of the receiver to
initiate the flash / update procedure..

dougieduncan
02-11-13, 18:55
This is the exact flash procedure for the TM-2t and ViX images.

http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/&file=How%20to%20flash%20a%20TM-2T-OE.pdf

depending on the image your currently using you may need to update the bootloader ( same procedure as flashing a image but do this first )

thanks phoenix that is the exact way I flashed unit

dougieduncan
02-11-13, 20:05
still not moving from starting

Larry-G
02-11-13, 20:59
do you see the prompt to press ok at any time on the display or tv screen ?.

dougieduncan
02-11-13, 22:05
do you see the prompt to press ok at any time on the display or tv screen ?.

I only see starting on the display

Larry-G
02-11-13, 22:06
Then its possible that you need to either flash the latest bootloader from www.openvix.co.uk for this receiver or try another USB stick.

dougieduncan
02-11-13, 22:09
ive tried a few usb sticks still nothing just hangs on starting

dougieduncan
02-11-13, 22:10
I hope its not totally bricked

Larry-G
02-11-13, 22:34
Try flashing this bootloader.

dougieduncan
02-11-13, 22:56
ok will try that tomorrow the box is at a friends house will let you know how it goes

dougieduncan
05-11-13, 00:13
nope tried bootloader but still nothing ,still says starting got the box in my house now and replaced with perfectly working tm2t , one thing ive noticed is the Ethernet cable end is not flashing , should this be flashing or am I barking up the wrong tree

dougieduncan
05-11-13, 00:14
nope tried bootloader but still nothing ,still says starting got the box in my house now and replaced with perfectly working tm2t , one thing ive noticed is the Ethernet cable end is not flashing , should this be flashing or am I barking up the wrong tree

anyone got any ideas box was going good before I tried to update

abu baniaz
05-11-13, 00:25
If it were able to take a bootloader by USB, it would have taken an image.

IMO, if it accepts bootloader by serial, you can flash an image again. If no joy, it will have to be sent back to TM. Same process, but use latest and appropriate bootloader.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?17506-TM-Twin-OE-Bootloader-recovery&highlight=bootloader+recovery

dougieduncan
05-11-13, 11:23
If it were able to take a bootloader by USB, it would have taken an image.

IMO, if it accepts bootloader by serial, you can flash an image again. If no joy, it will have to be sent back to TM. Same process, but use latest and appropriate bootloader.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?17506-TM-Twin-OE-Bootloader-recovery&highlight=bootloader+recovery
abu thanks for advice ,ive tried flashing different images , used different usb sticks, tried booloaders , nothing just hangs on starting, the only thing I haven't tried is disconnecting cable from hard drive as someone suggested but don't really want to try that as it probably will be ruined if I gave that a go
so back to tm with it , how do I get in contact with them

abu baniaz
05-11-13, 12:58
Please do as Sicilian suggests. No sat cable, no network cable, no hdd cable.

If that does not work, please try flashing the bootloader by serial, not usb.

TM number is 020 8884 0701

dougieduncan
06-11-13, 23:15
ok tried to flash box . no sat cable , no network cable, removed sata cable from hard drive , tried flashing image still states starting , tried bootloader still nothing stuck on starting , so it looks like a phone call to technomate tomorrow

dougieduncan
12-11-13, 19:20
ok tried to flash box . no sat cable , no network cable, removed sata cable from hard drive , tried flashing image still states starting , tried bootloader still nothing stuck on starting , so it looks like a phone call to technomate tomorrow

update , phoned technomate , guy was very helpful and told me that sometimes but not a lot this can happen to the boxes , he said that probably during update there must have been a glitch or something which corrupts memory and they would reset box and send it back to me , so good news