PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Channel numbers

tomos
01-11-13, 22:31
If I want the channel numbers to appear on the EPG e.g. 101 for BBC, 102 BBC2 etc which settings do I need to alter on a Duo2?

Mr. Mister
01-11-13, 23:15
Use the AutoBouquetMaker in : Menu > Set Up > Service Searchaning > AutoBouquetMaker

tomos
03-11-13, 11:48
Use the AutoBouquetMaker in : Menu > Set Up > Service Searchaning > AutoBouquetMaker

Thanks for the reply, I think I must be missing something, from AutoBouquetMaker do I then select Configure

Heathy65
10-11-13, 23:27
Thanks for the reply, I think I must be missing something, from AutoBouquetMaker do I then select Configure

I think I must be missing something too, I haven't been able to work this out either.

AJT
11-11-13, 09:43
I think I must be missing something too, I haven't been able to work this out either.

Before you scan for channels in the menu there is a option to add numbers.when you enter the plugin press menu on your remote and and the settings will appear from there you can set your area,type of bouquet,channel numbers etc once done press green/OK on your remote

Heathy65
11-11-13, 09:52
Before you scan for channels in the menu there is a option to add numbers.when you enter the plugin press menu on your remote and and the settings will appear from there you can set your area,type of bouquet,channel numbers etc once done press green/OK on your remote

Thanks for the info but I'm clearly being very blonde here :D
I've looked through all the menu options in Setup / Service Searching and can't see anything.

Although I've just realised, I don't know whether the original posts was/is referring to the native software (I'm running VIX).

AJT
11-11-13, 19:51
Thanks for the info but I'm clearly being very blonde here :D
I've looked through all the menu options in Setup / Service Searching and can't see anything.

Although I've just realised, I don't know whether the original posts was/is referring to the native software (I'm running VIX).

"Autobouquetsmaker" open it follow my last postOr from plugins menu install autobouquetsE2 plugin but it does the same thing.

Heathy65
11-11-13, 22:34
"Autobouquetsmaker" open it follow my last postOr from plugins menu install autobouquetsE2 plugin but it does the same thing.

I couldn't find the option in AutoBouquetsMaker but installed AutoBouquetsE2 and that sorted it, thanks.

Larry-G
11-11-13, 22:51
The option your looking for is not in ABM.

From any channel hit the up or down button, now hit menu, then settings.

you should see the option show channel numbers in channel selection, set this to yes.

Thats it hit green to save,

Heathy65
12-11-13, 10:32
AFAIK that doesn't give channel numbers in the EPG. This is what I've managed to work out / glean...

Menu / Setup / System / Channel Selection Settings / Show channel numbers in channel selection (1334 - 1347 below, the 1XX numbers are part of the name)

This shows the channel numbers in the channel selection list

Menu / Setup / System / User Interface / Settings... / Show channel number in info bar (1334 below, "101 - BBC 1 E Mids" is the name)

This shows the channel numbers in the info bar

Menu / Setup / System / EPG

I can't see any options in here to add the channel numbers to the EPG (The 1XX numbers are part of the name)

So as per earlier posts I've used AutoBouquetsE2 to add the channel numbers to the name and turned the above two options off, to avoid dual channel numbers (although they're on in the screenshots, hence the dual numbers).

The only thing I need to get my head around now is how the numbering is sequenced since I can't use the numeric keypad easily (e.g. BBC1 is 1334 when I expect it to be 101).

Thanks for your help.

AJT
12-11-13, 12:01
what i have done is as as you made my own bouquet list using dreamboxedit then ftp to box and don't use any numbers added by service then like your list bbc1 is 1 bbc2 is 2 and so on all depends on where i have them on my list.
so pressing 7 on my remote changes channel to bbc3 which is number 7 in my list.
as mentioned above while you are in your list press the menu button on remote and this opens a whole menu of stuff you can change/move etc/set a startup channel/delete channels or bouquets add channels from one bouquet to another and so on...

Heathy65
16-11-13, 23:54
Out of interest what logic is used for the channel numbering by the system (i.e the actual channel numbering and not any channel numbers configured by a bouquet list).

Rob van der Does
17-11-13, 06:45
And until now OP hasn't even told us which image he uses. So how could we possibly advise :confused:

Heathy65
17-11-13, 10:03
We'll I'm running VIX, as I mentioned in an earlier post :-)

Rob van der Does
17-11-13, 10:08
OK, so moved to the correct section.

geeebeee
12-12-13, 22:28
I'm also confused by this. If I go to the entertainment section, why do channels suddenly get a four digit code instead of 101 etc?
Can anyone explain or help please?
Gary

Larry-G
12-12-13, 22:33
Because Enigma treats the all channels section as the master database and the others are duplicates of that, nothing we can do about this.

geeebeee
12-12-13, 23:35
Thanks for clearing that up. So it can't cope with duplicates/shortcuts from the master bouquet?
Gary

Larry-G
12-12-13, 23:41
Not 100 percent sure but thats how i understand it any way, I just stay in the all channels bouquet and navigate through that with the left / right buttons.

judge
13-12-13, 01:05
If you don't generate main bouquet in the ABM settings, but generate section bouquets, you still keep sky numbering in all bouquets.

Rob van der Does
13-12-13, 05:27
Because Enigma treats the all channels section as the master database and the others are duplicates of that, nothing we can do about this.
Correct. In fact channels in bouquets are shortcuts to the channels in the 'all channels list' (the database).

There is a user-setting, allowing for 'alternative channel numbering' to be active or not. If not, the channel numbers in the bouquets are the same as those in the all channels list. If yes, the numbering in every bouquet starts on number 1.