PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue HD Quad Skin PIG Overlay Defects

Funchalinho
01-11-13, 17:53
Please can anyone help resolve a PIG over-lay issue that I'm experiencing on both my Quads?
I would really appreciate help on this as I really don't want to send the Quads for repair.

I tried every Skin, changed HDMI cable, and have the latest update Image but I get the same results on both boxes and TVs.

I have tried, Vix, OpenMIPS, OpenATV, OpenHDF, OpenRSI, and others. I get the same issue on all of them.

If I install an older Image from say- 15-08-2013, the PIG is Okay, but then I can't install MIPSEL plugins or update the software; if I do I get PIG Over-Lay breakup again.

See Pics:2998929990299912999229993:confused:

One thing I notice is that on the extended system info's, The CPU is Brcm4380, Bogomips and that is why I can't install MIPSEL plugins on older Image version.

Thanks for any suggestions.

judge
01-11-13, 18:02
No issues here, ViX build 774 on GB Quad.

29994 29995

Funchalinho
01-11-13, 18:56
No issues here, ViX build 774 on GB Quad.

29994 29995

I forgot to add that it only happen on skins with tickers- the processor is not able to handle ticker influx.
You should show me the same skins as I show you.

Please change you skin to Army_Mood_blue or Army Mod or OM-Black, really nice skins.Those are the one effected most, because they have a lot of info-bar event changes- for instance, the Analog clock.

PS: don't forget to change channels, because it gets worse as you use it or change channels.
Show worst example- that's the way you make a point.

Thanks.

judge
01-11-13, 19:02
Then dont use those skins if they aren't compatible?

Funchalinho
01-11-13, 19:08
Then why £350 pounds for an open source TV box if your going to be limited, besides the skins are really neat.

The problem is not the skins, it's the BogoMPIS 4380 processor which is not what I was buying.
I bought mipsel BCM7356 processor and was given Bogomips brcm4380 processor.

Thanks.

AJT
01-11-13, 19:43
Then why £350 pounds for an open source TV box if your going to be limited, besides the skins are really neat.

The problem is not the skins, it's the BogoMPIS 4380 processor which is not what I was buying.
I bought mipsel BCM7356 processor and was given Bogomips brcm4380 processor.

Thanks.

Instead of spitting your dummy out about your box take the advice given.
If you know what the problem is why ask.If you have been mis-sold a box then send it back its not the fault of posters on here who only try to help you.
As already said if the skins you want to use are not suited then don't use them and find ones that are and get on with life

Where did you buy your box.??having been around abit i only know of technomate boxes with that CPU

Funchalinho
01-11-13, 21:03
Well, I thought this was a forum for people to who need advice to get advice, instead from the first post on I have had nothing but criticism, and blunt answers with no actual constructive advice.

Aboviously I'm offending Gigablue fans.

I just want the experience from this device that the venders/sellers claim; Quotes taken from an online sellers: "The GiGaBlue HD 800 Quad has a extremely powerful BCM7356/1300Mhz Broadcom MIPS CPU processor"
"The Gigablue Quad - execution leaves nothing to be desired"

So using a particular skin should be no issue.

If people have advice towards a possible solution, please don't comment.

I too am a Gigablue fan, I just bought two boxes and getting rid of my other boxes.

As for being a Dummy and getting on with life, I can't be no worse then those who are spending there time looking through forums.

Cheers.

Larry-G
01-11-13, 21:53
Well, I thought this was a forum for people to who need advice to get advice, instead from the first post on I have had nothing but criticism, and blunt answers with no actual constructive advice.

I just want the experience from this device that the venders/sellers claim; Quotes taken from an online sellers: "The GiGaBlue HD 800 Quad has a extremely powerful BCM7356/1300Mhz Broadcom MIPS CPU processor"

I too am a Gigablue fan, I just bought two boxes and getting rid of my other boxes.

As for being a Dummy and getting on with life, I can't be no worse then those who are spending there time looking through forums.

Cheers.

Trial already explained to you the difference between the SOC and the Processor, but you still confuse the two. As for compatible skins NOT ALL skins work with all images, if this is too hard for you to understand maybe Enigma 2 is not the platform for you.

Larry-G
01-11-13, 21:56
for reference this is the post i'm referring to.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?32558-Gigablue-Quad-System-info-error&p=246065&viewfull=1#post246065

AJT
01-11-13, 22:41

Cheers.

No one is calling you a dummy and NOBODY has criticized you far from it merely trying to help you.as for the spending time on forums well its the first place you came with your problems and so do i..so thank goodness there are people willing to help others and share there knowledge and experience.
You are not offending anyone but yourself as you are told an answer to your questions but you wont accept it.
you can do very cleaver things with enigma 2 boxes but its all look and listen to learn.so be positive and productive
As for the skins forget about it and try another i recommend "Vix HD day" There is also a special section/thread dedicated just to skins and you can find all sorts there posted by users and builders some real nice modern ones.Another good one is NOU HD 1.9 very modern skin.If you find a great skin let us know...

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?385-Linux-E1-E2-Skins-Support

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?392-Enigma-2-Skins

judge
02-11-13, 01:59

Cheers.

Did you ever think it might be a skin issue rather than a box issue?

Rob van der Does
02-11-13, 05:49
Did you ever think it might be a skin issue rather than a box issue?
That's why we have skins (and other plugins) available via our feeds. We do our utmost to maintain them, and make sure they're compatible with the ViX-image.
If you choose to use plugins from other sources you're welcome to try, but don't blame the box or the image if that fails (and make sure to have an up-to-date backup before starting that kind of experiments).

AJT
02-11-13, 11:23
That's why we have skins (and other plugins) available via our feeds. We do our utmost to maintain them, and make sure they're compatible with the ViX-image.

Yes and a big thanks from me..For all the time and effort put in by all concerned.People seem to forget this is all done by people giving up there time for others to have a great image and also to help them out with their issues.
so THANKS