PDA

View Full Version : How do i install Vix on to a Vu+ Duo

DarrenR
31-10-13, 19:57
I've just bought a second hand Vu+ Duo Box from ebay, it has Blackhole 2.0.6 firmware. I'd like change this to VIX but have absolutely no idea how.

Could somebody please help, and also tell me if this is the right thing to do (in your opinion)

Many Thanks,
Darren

Larry-G
31-10-13, 20:11
These tutorials should help you.

http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/

DarrenR
31-10-13, 20:40
Thanks very much for your help. I followed the tutorial but it didn't work. However i didn't use 7zip as i didn't know what to do with it

Larry-G
31-10-13, 21:17
I need more information, didnt work how ?.

duoduo
31-10-13, 21:29
You can use winrar or any other similar extract software

DarrenR
31-10-13, 21:39
Where i'm at now is; I have installed the bootloader. That went fine, it read the usb and said completed, told me to remove the usb and reboot. I did that. I've downloaded the image file, unzipped it with 7zip, put it on the formatted usb. Switched off the box with the toggle switch, inserted the usb, switched it back on, and it just keeps saying 'starting'
I've repeated this several times and keep getting the same outcome :confused:

Larry-G
31-10-13, 21:52
I have to ask so please dont be offended but are you sure the receiver is genuine and not a clone ?.

s1m0nw
31-10-13, 21:54
Did you use the latest bootloader?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

keeling54
31-10-13, 21:54
It sounds like the image didn't load correctly.

Did you make sure the usb stick contained the correctly labelled and located folders.

vuplus > duo > and the 3 files needed to load the image.

DarrenR
31-10-13, 22:06
Box is genuine, been confirmed on the website.
I have to ask so please dont be offended but are you sure the receiver is genuine and not a clone ?.

satmanbasil
31-10-13, 22:07
Hi mate

ok you say the bootloader prog went in ok when you loaded the image file did you A..make sure its the vu duo image not duo 2 ? and B...did you clean the bootloader program off the usb stick before loading the image.
in the folder vuplus >> duo should be 5 files check that they all extracted into the duo folderFrom what you put its not now seeing the usb stick for some reason you might like to try and reformat fat32 the stick again to make sure its clean of anything else then make the folder vuplus and inside that folder the duo folder which you then put the image files (5) turn off at rear insert in front usb port then fire up it will say reading usb the programming when you get the message to remove usb switch off and remove the stick then power back up
you will see starting for a short while then it should change to vuduo with a count up to 99 loading then you will get a splash screen.

DarrenR
31-10-13, 22:08
what I have is; vuplus >> duo >> and 5 files
It sounds like the image didn't load correctly.

Did you make sure the usb stick contained the correctly labelled and located folders.

vuplus > duo > and the 3 files needed to load the image.

DarrenR
31-10-13, 22:09
I Used the only one for tyhe duo box on the openvix website
Did you use the latest bootloader?

DarrenR
31-10-13, 22:14
Thanks for your reply, i done all of this
Hi mate

ok you say the bootloader prog went in ok when you loaded the image file did you A..make sure its the vu duo image not duo 2 ? and B...did you clean the bootloader program off the usb stick before loading the image.
in the folder vuplus >> duo should be 5 files check that they all extracted into the duo folderFrom what you put its not now seeing the usb stick for some reason you might like to try and reformat fat32 the stick again to make sure its clean of anything else then make the folder vuplus and inside that folder the duo folder which you then put the image files (5) turn off at rear insert in front usb port then fire up it will say reading usb the programming when you get the message to remove usb switch off and remove the stick then power back up
you will see starting for a short while then it should change to vuduo with a count up to 99 loading then you will get a splash screen.

s1m0nw
31-10-13, 22:24
Do you have another usb stick you can try

duoduo
31-10-13, 22:34
What version of vix did you use

DarrenR
31-10-13, 22:40
openvix-3.0.773-vuduo_usb.zip This is the exact one i used
What version of vix did you use

DarrenR
31-10-13, 22:41
unfortunately I don't
Do you have another usb stick you can try

BubbleBalls
01-11-13, 01:50
I found.the Duo temperamental - sometimes needs to be flashed with no inputs (no usbs, (except the flash) tuners or HDD.

Tapatalker