PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] EPG On Smartphone

Adrian_london
30-10-13, 22:46
Hi there

I was just wondering if it would ever be possible to set the timer to record a program using an Android phone (similar to what I believe Sky do already).

It'd be great to be able to use my Android to record a program while I'm out and about.

Adrian

boyofford
30-10-13, 22:48
VU+ plugin can do this mate.

Adrian_london
02-11-13, 23:25
I have never added a plugin. Where will I find it? Is it vuplusevent? Also, how do I link it to my Android phone?

Sorry for all the questions.

boyofford
02-11-13, 23:44
VU+ plugin can do this mate.

Sorry ment vu+ app, called "vu+ player", search Google play store for it bud.

boyofford
03-11-13, 00:14

And you need to setup port forwarding and possibly use a dynamic DNS if you want to do this out of the house (much the same if you wanted to view shows out of house). Sorry I've not got round to setting this up, but search forum if no one else answers.

bjorntj
03-11-13, 22:48

That app is a poor excuse for an app, check out dream EPG... :-)

BTJ

boyofford
04-11-13, 21:33

BTJ

Been ok for me, but not used outside of home network.

Will take a look at dream epg.

Thanks

boyofford
04-11-13, 21:39

BTJ

Bit pricey for android app, I've installed the free one to have a look, what external player do you use for streaming?

bjorntj
06-11-13, 08:19
I have never understood the concern for price on an Android app.. Because the Android OS is free the apps should be free too? 9-10 dollar, as a one time amount, for an app is nothing, if you know the work that is needed to create a good app... I know, I am a developer myself, and I never hesitate buying a good app to support the developer...

But to your question, I have tried many video players but never found one that works 100% for streaming from my box... Not sure if this is some limitation on my AP or the apps but I am hoping VLC will be a good option... But it is still beta with some issues...

BTJ

boyofford
06-11-13, 13:25
I have never understood the concern for price on an Android app.. Because the Android OS is free the apps should be free too? 9-10 dollar, as a one time amount, for an app is nothing, if you know the work that is needed to create a good app... I know, I am a developer myself, and I never hesitate buying a good app to support the developer...

But to your question, I have tried many video players but never found one that works 100% for streaming from my box... Not sure if this is some limitation on my AP or the apps but I am hoping VLC will be a good option... But it is still beta with some issues...

BTJ

I don't mind paying for app if its a good one, after all takes a lot of effort to create/develop these apps.
Still not sure if I'll purchase but like some features of it for sure, your right its better than vu+ app for this.
I stream within the house as mrs/mother inlaw often have foreign tv on and I want to watch something else.

bjorntj
06-11-13, 18:00
Good, then we agree... :)

BTJ

boyofford
06-11-13, 19:12
Good, then we agree... :)

BTJ
....................:)