PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] New VideoMode

andyblac
30-10-13, 22:38
For those of you having issue's with your TV not showing a picture or getting error message from your TV:

1- first please do not use 'MULTI'; try lock it to 50Hz, in all previous images (prior to build 760) and other images, multi has NEVER worked. it was always lock to 50Hz.

2- and do not use the new Auto Resolution feature.

If you're still having issues please post them here and the Dev team will try to help.

machare
30-10-13, 22:49
What does Multi do? I have not had an issue with it, but my screen(s) can do both 50 and 60Hz

andyblac
30-10-13, 23:15
What does Multi do? I have not had an issue with it, but my screen(s) can do both 50 and 60Hz

exactly that auto switches between 50 and 60 Hz.

Sanjhere
30-10-13, 23:19
Hello Andy,

I have had problems.

I started a thread and Judge, Phoenix, Rob have tried to help.

Do you still need me to post the issues here?

Thank you.

Larry-G
30-10-13, 23:44
Hello Andy,

I have had problems.

I started a thread and Judge, Phoenix, Rob have tried to help.

Do you still need me to post the issues here?

Thank you.

yes as it keeps all related problems in the same thread.

machare
31-10-13, 00:01
exactly that auto switches between 50 and 60 Hz.
Why or when might 50 or 60 Hz be used?

Does the receiver expect some sort of response from the screen to say that whatever refresh rate it is using is OK or not?

Trial
31-10-13, 08:45
Hi,
in europe normally only 50 Hz is used. But in this global times with IPTV and VOD you can easily get videos from the US or Japan which are 60Hz. Some DVDs or BRs may also contain material with 60Hz.

Most modern European TV sets can handle both but still not all.

If the material is 60 Hz it should be played with this frequency because only this way you get the smoothest video.

ciao

dradelk
31-10-13, 17:51
thaNK YOU VERY MUCH

Patrick19
31-10-13, 21:18
thank you :)

kco3d
31-10-13, 22:42
Guys, I'm on build 773 and having problems my picture. I cant seem to find any A/V setting combination that will work for both HD and SD. For SD that works the settings are

Video Output: HDMI
AR: Disabled
Display: Just scale (both 4:3 and 16:9)

For HD channels I get a picture that is surrounded by a border of garbled video including pieces of the infobar. Sorry the Open Webif is not letting grab a screenshot at the moment to attach.

I use to have the Multi option which worked but thats gone since the latest build.

Rob van der Does
01-11-13, 05:42
As you don't see the option 'Multi' it looks like you never flashed your box with any image of 760 or above.
Please do so (make a settings backup and use that for restoring) and set up your A/V-settings again when the box is up & running.

andyblac
01-11-13, 09:57
some users had issues using restore, so try without restoring ANYTHING, after fresh flash.

m1nz
01-11-13, 13:51
Guys, I'm on build 773 and having problems my picture. I cant seem to find any A/V setting combination that will work for both HD and SD. For SD that works the settings are

For HD channels I get a picture that is surrounded by a border of garbled video including pieces of the infobar. Sorry the Open Webif is not letting grab a screenshot at the moment to attach.

I use to have the Multi option which worked but thats gone since the latest build.

I have the same issue. I have reflash without any vix backup.

When I watch HD Channels like movies the screen does not scale. I get a black boarder at the stop and bottom. I have a 50inc TV. I dont know if come HD channels just displace like that

andyblac
01-11-13, 15:24
I have the same issue. I have reflash without any vix backup.

When I watch HD Channels like movies the screen does not scale. I get a black boarder at the stop and bottom. I have a 50inc TV. I dont know if come HD channels just displace like that

some TV providers send the black bars in the stream, nothing we can do about that.

kco3d
01-11-13, 16:54
As you don't see the option 'Multi' it looks like you never flashed your box with any image of 760 or above.
Please do so (make a settings backup and use that for restoring) and set up your A/V-settings again when the box is up & running.

I use to see the Multi option before the 773 build but after doing online update to 773 the Multi option is gone.

kco3d
01-11-13, 17:14
29988Hi andyblac, I dont believe these are black bars in the stream. Its like m1nz said the picture doesnt scale. For me its a border of garbled video. I've attached a photo of tv screen.

richardinspain
01-11-13, 19:10
Hi im using latest vix image on gigablue quad build 774..When i go to to change the 'display content 4:3 from pillarbox to just scale it crashes the box..It happened on a previous version too, i'm using my novum skin but have also tried it on the default skin and is still the same..Video outout is set to HDMI and mode is set to 720p although i have tried it on 1080 too
Have attached the crash log

Sanjhere
01-11-13, 19:24
Hello All,

Can I put my two pennyworth in please?

I had issues flashing my uno. Looking at the info the unit was telling me that I was running the latest image and build but I don't believe that my unit had "fully" flashed.

I would advise using a USB flash as I had to, to fully flash the unit. This resolved all my A/V and resolution issues.

I apologise for stepping on the Admins toes here but hope this helps someone.

kco3d
01-11-13, 21:23
Hi all,

Just performed a full flash using 773. I can confirm all is working fine now. During initial config I selected HDMI, 1080i resolution and 50Mhz refresh.

Sanjhere thanks for your suggestion. Rob thanks for your suggestion and apologies for not following your instruction, I thought an online update to a build of 760 or above would be the same as a flash of 773....

Tkr001
01-11-13, 21:37
29988Hi andyblac, I dont believe these are black bars in the stream. Its like m1nz said the picture doesnt scale. For me its a border of garbled video. I've attached a photo of tv screen.
Turn off overscan on your tv

Sanjhere
01-11-13, 22:18
Hi all,

Just performed a full flash using 773. I can confirm all is working fine now. During initial config I selected HDMI, 1080i resolution and 50Mhz refresh.

Sanjhere thanks for your suggestion. Rob thanks for your suggestion and apologies for not following your instruction, I thought an online update to a build of 760 or above would be the same as a flash of 773....

You are welcome Kco3d,

Andy, Judge, Phoenix and last but not least Rob helped me enormously yesterday.

Glad it worked for you.

Regards,
Sanj

JonathanNC
02-11-13, 09:49
Further to my post 247142 I too am still having problems with 'border' around the screen. I am not sure whether to continue with my thread i started, or to carry on here? - I have reflashed the latest image from USB and set frequency to 50Hz and turned off AR, but still get the border when I turn off overscan on my Sony Bravia.

andyblac
02-11-13, 10:39
Further to my post 247142 I too am still having problems with 'border' around the screen. I am not sure whether to continue with my thread i started, or to carry on here? - I have reflashed the latest image from USB and set frequency to 50Hz and turned off AR, but still get the border when I turn off overscan on my Sony Bravia.

please take photo of your tv so i can better understand.

JonathanNC
02-11-13, 11:03
please take photo of your tv so i can better understand.

If it makes any difference, it is on a Sony KDL46HX803 TV

andyblac
02-11-13, 12:07

If it makes any difference, it is on a Sony KDL46HX803 TV

seems like a issues with gui position, what are your settings ? can i have debug go please, a fresh log, enable debug log, do a gui start go to that channel, post log. here.

JonathanNC
02-11-13, 12:38
seems like a issues with gui position, what are your settings ? can i have debug go please, a fresh log, enable debug log, do a gui start go to that channel, post log. here.

Sorry to be a pain, but could you point me in the direction on how to obtain the log you require? - i have searched the forums, but couldn't find anything :o

andyblac
02-11-13, 12:44
Sorry to be a pain, but could you point me in the direction on how to obtain the log you require? - i have searched the forums, but couldn't find anything :o

sorry sure, goto

MENU --> SETUP --> SYSTEM --> LOGS --> SETTINGS, then enable Debug Log. and restart gui.

the log should be in /home/root/logs/ as default.

JonathanNC
02-11-13, 12:56
sorry sure, goto

MENU --> SETUP --> SYSTEM --> LOGS --> SETTINGS, then enable Debug Log. and restart gui.

the log should be in /home/root/logs/ as default.

Here you go 30030

Cheers

foz
02-11-13, 14:20
I used to be able to run a rf splitter from scart on receiver to rf splitter to rf around the house and hmdi out in to the lounge tv where receiver is located, worked for years on dm800 and with solo2 when I first had it. but it seems with any av settings today I am unable to do so anymore
Is is due to recent av changes within the image? Anyway I can continue to do so?
Thanks
Foz

andyblac
02-11-13, 14:44
Here you go 30030

Cheers

yes thought so.

Setting OSD position: 18 685 15 548

please try 2 things

1: set your OSD position to 0 0 0 0

see if corruption goes.

2: put your OSD back to suit your TV
set your VideoMode to 1080i instead of 1080p

see if corruption goes.

let me know your results.

andyblac
02-11-13, 14:47
I used to be able to run a rf splitter from scart on receiver to rf splitter to rf around the house and hmdi out in to the lounge tv where receiver is located, worked for years on dm800 and with solo2 when I first had it. but it seems with any av settings today I am unable to do so anymore
Is is due to recent av changes within the image? Anyway I can continue to do so?
Thanks
Foz

did you reflash with NO restore ?, if not please try re-flashing 775

foz
02-11-13, 14:54
Sorry are you asking if I reflashed and set up from new on 775? No I reflashed and set up from new on 762 (I think it was) when we were told to, even then I forget if I restored backup settings slept since lol
I will reflash and set up as new and report back with my findings
Thanks for your reply
Foz

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) - now Free

Trial
02-11-13, 16:47
Hi,

1. set your OSD position to 0 0 0 0

shouldn´t it be 0,720,0,576? With the OSD position setting set your OSD to maximum because this is the reason for your border.

ciao

andyblac
02-11-13, 16:49
Hi,

shouldn´t it be 0,720,0,576? With the OSD position setting set your OSD to maximum because this is the reason for your border.

ciao

oops,

:smiley_yup::o:o

davewhitaker
02-11-13, 17:26
775 is still changing my tv aspect ratio when I change channel from a HD to SD channel.
I was hoping this was sorted by now. It make zapping horrible and long winded.
Even when the setting is on HD only. going to an SD channel my tv will change from 1080p to 720p.

andyblac
02-11-13, 17:30
775 is still changing my tv aspect ratio when I change channel from a HD to SD channel.
I was hoping this was sorted by now. It make zapping horrible and long winded.
Even when the setting is on HD only. going to an SD channel my tv will change from 1080p to 720p.

then set your SD to 1080i then :D, HD should be 1080i not p when using AR (for your information)

davewhitaker
02-11-13, 17:55
I had non of the settings to change 720p to 1080p before untill I installed autoresolution plugin then because that didnt help I uninstalled it and now I have a load of options available with the 'only HD' option...
Strange

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

davewhitaker
02-11-13, 18:09
Just changed the setting

'Show SD as' to '1080i'

And my tv is giving a resolution change but going back to 1080

When I go from a HD channel to a SD channel the screen goes blank as if it's going to change resolution but comes back on to 1080.
When I go from SD shown in 1080 to a HD channel the tv doesn't try to change resolution witch is great

seame
02-11-13, 18:15
I'm still using build 753 and my box is running just fine so I'm reluctant to make the jump beyond 760 after reading about the problems people seem to be having. I'd like to know a few things before I decide to update or not. Did the change in video mode have to happen? Or is it something that vix thought they could improve? Will all OE alliance images have this new video mode? If I do update to 760 can I return to 753? And last of all, if I don't update to the latest image what restrictions will I face?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for any info offered.

JonathanNC
02-11-13, 20:05
yes thought so.

please try 2 things

1: set your OSD position to 0 0 0 0

see if corruption goes.

2: put your OSD back to suit your TV
set your VideoMode to 1080i instead of 1080p

see if corruption goes.

let me know your results.

At the risk of sounding like a complete chump, can you tell me where I find the OSD settings? I looked under Menu --> Setup --> System but I can't find anything.

Found it under user interface!

Thanks for your help again

judge
02-11-13, 20:09
Menu -> Setup -> System -> User Interface -> Position Setup

JonathanNC
02-11-13, 20:20
Thanks everyone - setting the OSD to 'defaults' seems to have resolved

Cheers

Jonathan

foz
02-11-13, 22:13
did you reflash with NO restore ?, if not please try re-flashing 775

reflashed the solo2 receiver tonight 775 and set it up as new receiver with no restore settings but the problem is still the same, no rf to split from scart
i will do some more testing tomorrow, not even getting audio coming through
(when the settings have been wrong in the past it still sent audio through from memory)
thanks for any input
foz

andyblac
03-11-13, 09:40
Just changed the setting

'Show SD as' to '1080i'

And my tv is giving a resolution change but going back to 1080

When I go from a HD channel to a SD channel the screen goes blank as if it's going to change resolution but comes back on to 1080.
When I go from SD shown in 1080 to a HD channel the tv doesn't try to change resolution witch is great

try increasing the 'Delay time' this will allow more time before checking the resolution.

davewhitaker
03-11-13, 10:35
I went to do as you've said this morning but it seems to of fixed itself :thumbsup:
Dont know if its to do with having the tv switch off because I tryed resetting the box last night and it's only been on standby overnight.
Thanx for your help

antmills
03-11-13, 19:48
Read & understood

Rob van der Does
03-11-13, 22:28
reflashed the solo2 receiver tonight 775 and set it up as new receiver with no restore settings but the problem is still the same, no rf to split from scart
i will do some more testing tomorrow, not even getting audio coming through
(when the settings have been wrong in the past it still sent audio through from memory)
thanks for any input
What are your scart-settings in AV-settings?

solosdk
04-11-13, 12:38
Ok ill dothe full flash

foz
05-11-13, 10:11
What are your scart-settings in AV-settings?

Rob I've sorted it, it turns out it was the splitter.
i pluged in a dm800 to test and that was not pumping anything around either
purchased another splitter yesterday and all working again now
just coincidental it happened to stop working around the time Vix changed the av settings within image
very sorry but fixed now
thanks for your advice trying to help me
foz

Reddevil
10-11-13, 22:29
Ive reverted back to an image prior to this being force installed and disabled updates

Even disabled every time i change channel it changes tv resolution, annoying to say the least

can we not have this so we can remove it?

judge
10-11-13, 22:47
Ive reverted back to an image prior to this being force installed and disabled updates

Even disabled every time i change channel it changes tv resolution, annoying to say the least

Sounds like you just need to do a fresh flash of newest image availble on http://openvix.co.uk
Set-up from scratch if you have to.

Reddevil
10-11-13, 23:15
Sounds like you just need to do a fresh flash of newest image availble on http://openvix.co.uk
Set-up from scratch if you have to.

Already have thats why im reverting back, reflashing with an older image

judge
10-11-13, 23:58
Already have thats why im reverting back, reflashing with an older image

which doesn't help anyone sort out your issue...

Rob van der Does
11-11-13, 06:24
Going back to the stone-age won't help you.
Please open a thread and report your issue if you have any, and we do our best to help. There are no more known issues in this area, so you really must report.

Trial
11-11-13, 08:38
Hi,

then there must be something wrong with your settings or your image. I have latest image (#782 or 3) and disabled auto resolution and there is no resolution change what soever.

Does your TV show you that a new resolution is active or is only the aspect ratio different? My Samsung TVs inform me with a little box in the top left that a new resolution is chosen but I do not get any message if only Aspect/Ratio is changed.

ciao

Reddevil
11-11-13, 14:44
I will grab the latest image again and re-flash and see if that cures the issue. 3.0.778

TimoJ
12-11-13, 17:05
I'm using Vu+ Duo2 with 3.0.778 (and online updates) and Multi setting just doesn't work. I have set 1080i hdmi-output with multi and I watch 720p 30Hz .mkv file (i.e. some US TV-series rip) and output remains in 50Hz. But if I use latest OpenAtv image, multi works correctly and output switches to 60Hz.

Another problem is with the integrated autoresolution: again same 720p file playback situation and now autoresolution settings set so that hdmi output changes to 720p 60Hz. All is well but when I press stop and normal TV source returns in 1080i, screen edges have weird OSD graphics remains or texts. There seems to be no way to clear those other than enigma restart.

Any tips how to fix these?

andyblac
12-11-13, 17:25
I'm using Vu+ Duo2 with 3.0.778 (and online updates) and Multi setting just doesn't work. I have set 1080i hdmi-output with multi and I watch 720p 30Hz .mkv file (i.e. some US TV-series rip) and output remains in 50Hz. But if I use latest OpenAtv image, multi works correctly and output switches to 60Hz.

Another problem is with the integrated autoresolution: again same 720p file playback situation and now autoresolution settings set so that hdmi output changes to 720p 60Hz. All is well but when I press stop and normal TV source returns in 1080i, screen edges have weird OSD graphics remains or texts. There seems to be no way to clear those other than enigma restart.

Any tips how to fix these?

without logs i can't help. an for your info OpenATV uses my code. ;)

TimoJ
12-11-13, 17:44
without logs i can't help. an for your info OpenATV uses my code. ;)

I have heard that Openatv uses Vix code and that makes this even more confusing. How do I make a log of this? Init5 and start enigma2 or some other way?

Trial
12-11-13, 21:10
Hi,
what resolution has the file?

to the weird graphics after switching back to 1080i did you use OSD position to make the GUI smaller? If yes then try to open teletext and close it again and the weird graphic should be gone. If this ist the case disable overscan on your TV and set the OSD position to maximum (0,0,720,576).

To generate logs enable debug log, restart box, play some of your files and especially the mentioned 720p file and then send the logfile from /hdd/logs starting with enigma2... after that you can disable debug log again.

ciao

TimoJ
12-11-13, 21:33
File resolution is 1280x720, 30Hz. It's not just that one file, it's happens with all similar files. With my Dreambox 8000 they all change mode to 60Hz and the same happens with OpenAtv but for some reason not with OpenVix image.

Earlier I had overscan (I didn't realize that the setting had to be changed for each hdmi-input) and adjusted osd size when I installed the Vix image. I'm not sure if those values were restored when I last installed the VIX image. I'll check and reset the values (and all other values) and try playback and autoresolution again. I did open teletext but it didn't clear the screen edges, looked like those graphics were at a different layer.

I'll do logging and send the files tomorrow.

TimoJ
12-11-13, 22:29
I did some tests and logging. I have attached a log file where I first playback some tv recording and later the problematic 720p file called "Biggest loser...". All settings were at default, I only scanned dvb-t channels, enabled logging and rebooted.

Later I also tested the same 720p file with autoresolution enabled, mode changed correctly to 720p 60Hz and now that the OSD positions were at their default values, I didn't get those graphic errors when mode returned to 1080i 50Hz after playback. So looks like this part of the problem is solved by not adjusting the OSD position.

andyblac
13-11-13, 01:58
I did some tests and logging. I have attached a log file where I first playback some tv recording and later the problematic 720p file called "Biggest loser...". All settings were at default, I only scanned dvb-t channels, enabled logging and rebooted.

Later I also tested the same 720p file with autoresolution enabled, mode changed correctly to 720p 60Hz and now that the OSD positions were at their default values, I didn't get those graphic errors when mode returned to 1080i 50Hz after playback. So looks like this part of the problem is solved by not adjusting the OSD position.

the file is indeed 720p 30 fps, but the Duo2 only supports 720p 24Hz or 720p 60Hz, so the box is switching to the later see bellow from your log. but as 30 fps goes into 60Hz equally it is fine, infact better than it would be at 30Hz as your are getting double the refresh rate, (screen is refreshed twice per frame)

video height: 720
video width: 1280
video pol: p
video rate: 29970

new res: 720
new pol: p
new rate: 30
config.av.autores: hd
config.av.autores_sd: 1080i
config.av.autores_deinterlace: False
new mode: 720p

CURRENT MODE: 1080i50
NEW MODE: 720p

if your TV is like my plasma panel, overscan has it's own setting for each port & frequency.

Trial
13-11-13, 08:56
Hi timo,
can you log your problem case with 1080i and Multi without autoresolution enabled as auto resolution seemed to play fine before when I read your post correctly.

I understood that you wanted the file played in 1080@60 and it played @50. Did I understand your problem?

ciao

Delagroov
13-11-13, 11:21
@Timo3

I have tested the issue and Andy solved the issue, so within next update with AR disabled usin only 1080i multi mode, a 30fps switches to 6oHz

TimoJ
13-11-13, 11:28
You understood correctly, I want 1080i to switch to 60Hz when the file is played.

It's all already in the log I sent. At first I played the file with just 1080i selected, multi on and autoresolution disabled and it didn't switch to 60Hz.

Only at the end I enabled autoresolution and then output mode switched to 720p 60Hz when the file was played.

TimoJ
13-11-13, 11:30
@Timo3

I have tested the issue and Andy solved the issue, so within next update with AR disabled usin only 1080i multi mode, a 30fps switches to 6oHz

Great job :thumbsup:

dewmass
14-11-13, 21:46
It looks like I have been guilty of not reading this. I have updated on the box to 783 but now every time I change to a non HD channel my aspect ratio is changing and isn't staying in 1080i.

I'm very much a newbie here. Could anyone point me in the direction of a guide on how to flash via USB? Do I need to flash 783 now I have that on the box? Will I lose the auto bouquets I have on my box?

Any help would be very appreciated

judge
14-11-13, 21:58
All setup guides & images can be found over on http://openvix.co.uk

TimoJ
15-11-13, 11:46

Should the latest online update already have this fix? I have updated to 787 but multi still doesn't work. Or should I do a full upgrade?

Rob van der Does
15-11-13, 11:50
Should the latest online update already have this fix? I have updated to 787 but multi still doesn't work. Or should I do a full upgrade?
Fix is in 788.

siayosefi
18-11-13, 19:00
i have still problem. update to 790 but noting change. when change hd channel to sd reciver goes to black screen and 2 sec later show channel. and another problem when show channel list press green bottom recivere goes last channel but previous image when press green bottom show satellite list

Trial
18-11-13, 21:01
Hi,
2 seconds for switching is rather normal and if you want a freezed picture or a black picture when switching can be setup. In case of a change of resolution the TV normally shows a small box with the resolution he recognized.

No problem here with green button in channel list.

ciao

siayosefi
19-11-13, 16:01
hi. green bottom is ok. but when update to 790 my reciver goes to black screen 3 sec and then show channel. this is not normally. when you are fast see channel reciver not fast. is it normally??

Mrrallen
22-11-13, 18:55
Hi, Since updating to 3.0.79, playing mkv or mp4 files seem to have no audio anymore when they had audio on previous versions.
These are played off my network mapped mount from a windows box with authentication.
Also when changing channels or playing recordings or films etc, the screen goes blank for a second when switching, which it never used to do in previous versions either.
Any pointers or shall i just down grade?

Rob van der Does
22-11-13, 18:59
Hi, Since updating to 3.0.79, playing mkv or mp4 files seem to have no audio anymore when they had audio on previous versions.
These are played off my network mapped mount from a windows box with authentication.
Also when changing channels or playing recordings or films etc, the screen goes blank for a second when switching, which it never used to do in previous versions either.
Any pointers or shall i just down grade?
This has no relation with this thread. Please create your own support question for that.

Obecny
24-11-13, 01:46
I really like the way as it was before, from now every time I am switching between hd and sd channel my tv changing resolution itself what looks like it muting audio for a two seconds and displaying info bar with the new resolution, this is very annoying when you trying to find some channel and switching them one by one, the option for still 1080i or p resolution disappeared and when auto is on or off not making any difference, I am updating from early 75x - should I start from fresh image again ? I am on duo2 by the way.

judge
24-11-13, 01:50
Yes, 760 required a reflash.

TimoJ
27-11-13, 18:23
Multi still has bugs. I use 1080i multi, no autoresolution.

When I playback a 640x360 29,97fps file, hdmi-output changes correctly to 1080i 60Hz. But when I use number buttons to time jump, output mode changes back and forth between 60Hz and 50Hz.

Second problem: I have a 1280x720 file at 23,98fps and multi does not work correctly with it, output just stays at 50Hz. But if I start to playback a 720p 30fps file (then output changes to 60Hz) and then open movie selection and start this 23,98fps file, output stays at 60Hz.

Attached is a log file of the first file playback with time jumps.

Delagroov
27-11-13, 18:28
Multi still has bugs. I use 1080i multi, no autoresolution.

When I playback a 640x360 29,97fps file, hdmi-output changes correctly to 1080i 60Hz. But when I use number buttons to time jump, output mode changes back and forth between 60Hz and 50Hz.

Second problem: I have a 1280x720 file at 23,98fps and multi does not work correctly with it, output just stays at 50Hz. But if I start to playback a 720p 30fps file (then output changes to 60Hz) and then open movie selection and start this 23,98fps file, output stays at 60Hz.

Attached is a log file of the first file playback with time jumps.

ad 1 Try to increase delay to avoid change in HZ while jumping...

ad2 in log i dont see wrong outputs

What s he name of movie file you think is 23,98fps, becasue i cant fnd that refreshrate in log at all

if it is The.Biggest.Loser.US.S15E05.PDTV.x264-OLDTIMER.avi then its not 23,98fps

video height: 576
video width: 720
video pol: i
video rate: 25000

Btw. 24 hz will only work when AR is enabled.
Because multi is just 50 or 60 hz with AR disabled

TimoJ
27-11-13, 18:43
ad 1 Try to increase delay to avoid change in HZ while jumping...

There is no delay setting when autoresolution is disabled.

I'll do more logging with the other file.

Another question: how do I change OSD position of the resolution message? It now appears in upper right corner and is usually covered by TV's own OSD that also appears when hdmi signal changes.

Delagroov
27-11-13, 18:50
Sorry..of course only possible with AR enabled

osd pos. is done in skin, so there is no option in settings.

Just disable, if your Tv already show message.

TimoJ
27-11-13, 19:36
osd pos. is done in skin, so there is no option in settings.

Just disable, if your Tv already show message.

Where in the skin, what is the element title called? I'd like to edit it via skin file but I can't find it. And I can't find option to disable it either (but I rather keep it since it shows more info that my TV's OSD).

TimoJ
27-11-13, 19:48
Another weird thing: I now setup hdmi output to fixed 1080i 60Hz. Why is there still a break in signal when playback is started? Shouldn't output just stay at 60Hz? Attached is a log where I start playback, screen goes blank for few seconds (tv also shows osd indicating signal change) and returns, same happens when I stop the playback. (identical test with my DM8000 doesn't cause blank screens)

Delagroov
27-11-13, 20:24
Where in the skin, what is the element title called? I'd like to edit it via skin file but I can't find it. And I can't find option to disable it either (but I rather keep it since it shows more info that my TV's OSD).

When AR enabled one can set it to off..

Look for this

<screen name="AutoVideoModeLabel" position="900,40" size="330,55" backgroundColor="transpBG" flags="wfNoBorder" >
<widget name="content" position="5,3" size="320,23" font="Regular;20" transparent="1"/>
<widget name="restxt" position="5,28" size="320,23" font="Regular;20" transparent="1"/>
</screen>

Delagroov
27-11-13, 20:29
Another weird thing: I now setup hdmi output to fixed 1080i 60Hz. Why is there still a break in signal when playback is started? Shouldn't output just stay at 60Hz? Attached is a log where I start playback, screen goes blank for few seconds (tv also shows osd indicating signal change) and returns, same happens when I stop the playback. (identical test with my DM8000 doesn't cause blank screens)

What movie name???
I can t reproduce issues you report with fixed 60Hz

You mean dm8000 also usin with AR.

TimoJ
27-11-13, 21:00
What movie name???
I can t reproduce issues you report with fixed 60Hz

You mean dm8000 also usin with AR.

With fixed 1080i 60Hz on, for some reason it doesn't show the 2-3 second blank screen if you are watching tv-recordings that are in 50Hz, it just shows them directly in 60Hz.

But if you watch a movie that actually needs to use the 60Hz mode, then it goes like this: movie starts, screen goes black for 2-3 seconds (or maybe it temporary switches to 50Hz and my TV is too slow to display the change), and image returns back (still in 60Hz mode).

Movie names are shown in the log, this latest was: GRAVITY [2013] CAM XviD IMDB 8.6.avi

DM8000 without autoresolution, just normal 1080i mode at 60Hz selected. But DM8000 is using just Dream Multimedia's software, not Vix. I just mentioned the DM8000 just in case you suspect that my TV is causing this.

Delagroov
27-11-13, 21:40
With fixed 1080i 60Hz on, for some reason it doesn't show the 2-3 second blank screen if you are watching tv-recordings that are in 50Hz, it just shows them directly in 60Hz.

But if you watch a movie that actually needs to use the 60Hz mode, then it goes like this: movie starts, screen goes black for 2-3 seconds (or maybe it temporary switches to 50Hz and my TV is too slow to display the change), and image returns back (still in 60Hz mode).

Movie names are shown in the log, this latest was: GRAVITY [2013] CAM XviD IMDB 8.6.avi

DM8000 without autoresolution, just normal 1080i mode at 60Hz selected. But DM8000 is using just Dream Multimedia's software, not Vix. I just mentioned the DM8000 just in case you suspect that my TV is causing this.

tested here, but still cant reproduce,
1080p30 and 1080i30 plays instantly at 60Hz with fixed AV setup 60hz

TimoJ
27-11-13, 22:39
1080p30 and 1080i30 plays instantly at 60Hz with fixed AV setup 60hz

Same here.

But files at 640x360 29,97fps do not, they make that blank screen. But blank screen when time jumping those files with number buttons is "fixed" when using 60Hz fixed mode.

1080p 23,97fps files don't switch output to 60Hz in Multi mode, they just play back at 50Hz. They should switch to 60Hz (and they do that in DM8000).

Trial
28-11-13, 08:55
Hi,
switching from 24 to 60 is done when AR is not activated. 24 is only played in 24 when AR is active. Marcel already said that multi only supports 50/60.

ciao

TimoJ
28-11-13, 10:08
switching from 24 to 60 is done when AR is not activated. 24 is only played in 24 when AR is active. Marcel already said that multi only supports 50/60.

I know.
But 24 to 60 does not work, at least not with the files I'm testing it (and still those same files work correctly with my DM8000).

Delagroov
28-11-13, 10:45
Same here.

But files at 640x360 29,97fps do not, they make that blank screen. But blank screen when time jumping those files with number buttons is "fixed" when using 60Hz fixed mode.

1080p 23,97fps files don't switch output to 60Hz in Multi mode, they just play back at 50Hz. They should switch to 60Hz (and they do that in DM8000).

Ad1 - Fixed 60 hz, but movie is 50 hz and also diffrent resoltion, so video test checks fro Rate and resol.. Think the order of Videotest is the way its working.
I will ask Andy if somethingcan be done here when usin fixed 60 Hz.
Can you add sample file here, so i can test myself.

VID TEST1
VID TEST3
VID TEST7
new res: 480
new pol: p
new rate: 60
config.av.autores: disabled
config.av.autores_sd: 1080i
config.av.autores_deinterlace: False
new mode: None

CURRENT MODE: 1080i
NEW MODE: None

Ad2 -
can you gave log and sample file to check.
Edit..just found myself a 1080p24 file and indeed it plays at 50 hz with Ar off and multi

TimoJ
28-11-13, 15:26
Here is another log where I start to playback The.Biggest.Loser.US.S15E07.avi file. It's 640x360 29,97 fps.

Output is set to Multi, AR control is disabled.

Output changes to 60Hz so that part is OK.

But when I press jump key (number 6) and skip 1 minutes (I think the log shows twice KEY 7 6 in those places where I press the key), output goes blank and looks like signal is redetected for some reason. I do the same again and the same thing happens. Then I pause playback and the log ends.

Looking at the log, to me it looks like mode changes back to 1080i 50Hz right after the time skip and then back to 60Hz few seconds later. I think Vix code should disable videotesting during file playback, just to it at the start of the file, not after time skip or FF/Rew.

TimoJ
28-11-13, 15:45
Looks like the delay adjustment (and osd timeout) also effects how multi works. Even thought it's adjustment is available only when AR is enabled.

I have used 200 value there, I enabled AR, put there 2000 and disabled AR again. Now time skip doesn't always show blank screen but still it happens frequently and when it happens, things are much slower than before.

andyblac
28-11-13, 16:04
looking at your logs, yes you need to increase the delay, as streamer needs more time to detect the correct res. setting to 2000 should allow 4 seconds before it looks at the reds it should have the info it needs by then.

also a thing to remember movie containers can vary vastly, as not everyone creates them correctly.

Delagroov
28-11-13, 16:45
@Timo

Already pointed out to increase delay

But i am still waiting for a test file for your issue with fixed 60hz, post 92

but instead new setups / logs are presented...

and this way its hard to check any without a specific file, which differs from standard

TimoJ
28-11-13, 17:16
looking at your logs, yes you need to increase the delay, as streamer needs more time to detect the correct res. setting to 2000 should allow 4 seconds before it looks at the reds it should have the info it needs by then.

The detection works perfectly at the beginning of the movie even with that 200 value.

Problem is that it does (unnecessary) detection after each time jump when watching this 640x360 movie (and all other same res. movies/tv-series that I have) . It doesn't do it with a 720p movie, it just does the detection at the start, changes to 60Hz and stays in the 60Hz mode working perfectly no matter how much I skip the file.

Delagroov
28-11-13, 18:27
Going in stealth mode also:D

TimoJ
28-11-13, 18:57
I thought you were interested of making this image perfect, guess I was wrong. Lets then just agree, that the multi-output mode has multiple bugs and thats it. :confused:

andyblac
28-11-13, 19:23
I thought you were interested of making this image perfect, guess I was wrong. Lets then just agree, that the multi-output mode has multiple bugs and thats it. :confused:

tbh, if it does not do it on some files, then it more likely to be the file it self, as all the code is the same. for each res.

Mervyn
03-12-13, 13:12
Hello There
I have a problem with my Xtreme ET9000.
I am unable to resolve sound reception on the addon 'Livestream Earthcam'.
I have no problem with the video....but no sound.
I have tried about 7 or 8 et9000 versions but no luck.
Can any one help?
Alan

Rob van der Does
03-12-13, 13:36
Hello There
I have a problem with my Xtreme ET9000.
I am unable to resolve sound reception on the addon 'Livestream Earthcam'.
I have no problem with the video....but no sound.
I have tried about 7 or 8 et9000 versions but no luck.
Can any one help?
As this has nothing to do with the topic you're posting in: please create your own thread.
And please read http://www.world-of-satellite.com/announcement.php?f=298 before doing so.

tibersicum
12-12-13, 22:22
i have vu+ uno my inglsh its verry bad, i m lost for image vti thanks

Stretlow
15-12-13, 20:11

Go into positon settings in user interface and press right. Is a fix but its bloody annoying

andyblac
16-12-13, 14:26
Go into positon settings in user interface and press right. Is a fix but its bloody annoying

seems to be an issue, with drivers and OSD position, you could try disabling overscan on you TV and setting OSX position to 0

kerijaan
22-12-13, 17:15
thank you.

duckhunter
31-12-13, 10:59
Cheers for the info.:)

TimoJ
31-12-13, 16:35
I still wish you would change the movie playback videomode detection code to do it just at the beginning of playback and remain locked in that mode until stop is pressed or a different movie is selected. Current code does mode detection after every rew/ff or time skip, setting maximum detection time does not help, it still does it with some files.

I finally had enough of multi (and integrated autores) and switched back to 50Hz mode. I made three shell scripts that change mode to 60, 50 or 24p mode. So now I check the movie content, press one of my remote's macro keys and the correct mode is selected and locked on. Maybe not very elegant, but works every time and remains in the correct mode no matter what I do.

Delagroov
31-12-13, 17:44
Current code does mode detection after every rew/ff or time skip, setting maximum detection time does not help, it still does it with some files.

With delay set to 600 or 800 I have no problems.

FireballXL5
05-03-15, 10:34
Hi All
I tried to setup a Vu Zero running Apollo 152 on a Samsung ue40f8000 Smart TV yesterday using the Vu supplied HDMI cable and all I got was a blank screen. I had pre-configured the box on an LG TV and all was fine, but nothing would display on the Samsung, the TV reported that there was no input in any. So I tried an Octagon SF8 running Apollo 070 via an HDMI connection also nothing. On both boxes the video mode was set to 50Hz and Auto resolution was not used.

As the Octagon supports SCART and I had an HDMI / SCART adaptor I tested this connection and got a picture, though it was flickering a bit but this could have been caused by the adaptor.

I'm at a loss as to why I can't get any picture at all onto the TV, no VU or Octagon splash screen, no Vix splash screen, nothing appears. I have tried 3 HDMI cables on all of the 4 HDMI sockets - the TV doesn't acknowledge that there is any connection. I have also varied the boot-up sequence, so boot up the box, then switch on the TV or have the TV already switched on then boot up the box but nothing works.

Any clues anyone?
Cheers

Andy_Hazza
05-03-15, 10:43
Have you tried setting output to 720p on the Vu+ Zero? And set mode to multi n disable auto resolution. The Solo has a bug in latest image where it won't display at 1080 so just test on 720 to see if its related?

FireballXL5
05-03-15, 11:12
Have you tried setting output to 720p on the Vu+ Zero? And set mode to multi n disable auto resolution. The Solo has a bug in latest image where it won't display at 1080 so just test on 720 to see if its related?

No, I didn't try that, thanks for the info. However there was also no display from the Octagon box either so I'm guessing that the display issue is not one directly related to a particular box/Vix version rather a settings/config problem.

Andy_Hazza
05-03-15, 11:15
Did you turn your tv off n sat box off when you connected the HDMI leads?
Could the tv have faulty HDMI ports?
Try the 720p settings on your receivers n see where that takes you.

FireballXL5
05-03-15, 13:56
Did you turn your tv off n sat box off when you connected the HDMI leads?
Could the tv have faulty HDMI ports?
Try the 720p settings on your receivers n see where that takes you.

No, the sat box was off but the TV was in standby.

Andy_Hazza
05-03-15, 18:30
Give the 720p a try mate

FireballXL5
14-03-15, 16:20
Hi All
As a follow up to my post #110 and the problems I have been having with the Samsung ue40f8000 Smart TV, my thanks go to Andy_Hazza who's suggestion of using 720p worked, the telly booted up and all was good. Of course with a pricey TV like that 720p wasn't going to be good enough so I re-configured Vix to 1080p - and got a picture after accepting the prompt. So I crossed my fingers and re-booted the box thinking all was going to die on me, but no all booted up just fine. So the Vix settings for this Samsung TV are that it can be configured to 720p or 1080p but not 1080i which strikes me as a bit odd, but at least all is now working.