PDA

View Full Version : Duo2 upgrade

tomos
30-10-13, 14:09
A techie question, if I want to record more than 2 channels on my Duo2, what upgrades do I need (extra card, extra lnb and cable etc), could anyone point me in the right direction?

Larry-G
30-10-13, 14:17
as long as you have at least two tuner cards with their own feeds from the LNB you wont have any problems recording one channel while watching another on a totally different transponder on the same satellite.

Mr. Mister
30-10-13, 14:26
I got 4 tuners in one of my Quads..

Tuner 1 : 28.2E
Tuner 2 : 28.2E
Tuner 3 : Motorized from 28.2e to 30w
Tuner 4 : 13.0e

Basically all you need are the feeds coming in from your desired dish.. And of course the extra tuners in your Duo2 ..

dfdream
30-10-13, 20:25
The DUO 2 has 2 builtin tuners so if they are both connected to dish then you can record 2 programs at least.
You can add extra tuner card for 2 more connections.
Have 4 sat tuners in DUO2 and it recorded 10 HD channels no bother...

A techie question, if I want to record more than 2 channels on my Duo2, what upgrades do I need (extra card, extra lnb and cable etc), could anyone point me in the right direction?

Johev
07-11-13, 16:49
It all depends: If the channels that you want to record are on the same transponder than even a single tuner setup is enough to do that. However, and as said above if you want to record channels on different transponders (not to mention different satellites) than you need at least 3 tuner setup (presuming that all channels are on different transponders).

In that case you would need at least LNB Quad and at least 3 cables to connect to your box or a Unicable LNB using the same cable.

Good luck.