PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] remotetimer: is it possible to set an alternative recording path at the remotebox ?

snoopy2013
30-10-13, 07:54
Hi,

I'm sorry that I'm coming back with another "strange" question:

On both of my boxes (each with usb hdd), I have added the hdd from the other box as alternative recording path (with bookmarks).

By using the plugin "remotetimer" to set a timer on box1 to the box2, I have found out that in box2 for the recording is always set the default recording path (/media/hdd/movie), allthough in the menu of the plugin “remotetimer” I had select an alternative recording path (eg: /media/net/hddbox1) by program the recording. :confused:

Is it at all possible by using plugin “remotetimer” to program a recording for the remote box to an (existing on the remotebox) alternative recording path?

By th way: With the not recommended plugin "partnerbox"' it is/was possible ...

Has anyone an idea or can help me?

Thanks and Regards

Rob van der Does
30-10-13, 17:32
Sorry: it's not clear what you mean by 'By using the plugin "remotetimer" to set a timer on box1 to the box2, I have found out ......'.
You don't use the plugin to set the timer on the other box
You add a timer as usual (e.g. EPG --> Green). Then in the first line you see the setting Remote timer Yes/No. Set to 'yes' if you want the other box to do the recording.

snoopy2013
30-10-13, 19:43
You add a timer as usual (e.g. EPG --> Green). Then in the first line you see the setting Remote timer Yes/No. Set to 'yes' if you want the other box to do the recording.

Hello,

yes that is, what I mean.

But on this "timer-menu" you can also choose the recording path (default: "/media/hdd/movie" and set from me (by all the two boxes) by using "autofs": "/media/net/hddbox1" and "/media/net/hddbox2").

If I set a remotetimer for the other box (for example: box2) and choose the recording path "media/net/hddbox1", the recording is done allthough to the default path from the (remote) box2 and not to "/media/net/hddbox1" ... :confused:

I hope you can understand what I mean (sorry for my bad english ...)?

Regards

Rob van der Does
31-10-13, 07:19
Not sure about the issue.
When you set 'remote timer' to 'yes' the timer will be set on the remote box, using the default timer-settings of that box.
You can see that, as the result of adding the remote timer is a message stating 'Set Timer on Remote Receiver via Webif: Timer'program-name'added'.

snoopy2013
31-10-13, 08:17
Thanks for the reply.

In the not recommended plugin "partnerbox" (where the timer on the remote box is also set via WebIF - right?) but is a selection between/of all available recording paths of the remotebox possible. This different recording paths of the box also can select by program directly (via PC) over the WebIF. This possibility of choice I find very handy.

It may be possible to integrate this practical function into the "remotetimer" plugin? :)

Regards

Rob van der Does
31-10-13, 08:28
Sorry: this is not a plugin we maintain.

May I ask why you want to use different paths for different recordings?

snoopy2013
31-10-13, 12:48
My two receivers have a extern usb hdd and are connected via dlan. I have now recognized, that when I play on my box1 - over dlan - a HD recording from the hdd of box2, there are more common disorders. In contrast, the HD recordings are done by box2 (over dlan) to the hdd of box1, are usually without interference (maybe it gives during recording some kind of buffering?).

So if I wanted to perform recording on box2 but at the same time knew that I wanted to watch the recording on box1, I let doing the recording by box2 but set it to the hdd of box1 ... ;)

Regards