PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] [Driver Limitation/Bug] No Suppport for >4 tuners

stick50jr
29-10-13, 13:13
Previously I posted regarding having support for af9035 usb tuners... I was trying to get more tuners going to unlock the potential of the Duo2:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?31760-Duo2-Support-for-AF9035&p=242575&viewfull=1#post242575

Well, I was able to get hold of a second Hauppauge Nova TD device. Now my duo2 has 7 tuners! Internally a dual dvb-s2 and a dvb-c/t, and externally two dual dvb-t devices (4 x vtuners). All these tuners work well individually. I have been testing using simultaneous combinations of satellite, terrestrial, internal and external tuners using these 7 tuners.

The situation is that the Duo2 only supports 4 tuners!!! simultaneously. I cannot use >4 tuners without having restrictions. For example when 5 tuners are in use, then playback of files is impossible. It doesn't matter what type of tuners I use, 4 tuners works fine (any combination of dvb-S2, dvb-c/t, internal, external) including 4 x vtuner.

This problem exists for Vix, OpenPLi, BH, and Vuplus images. I believe this may be a VU+ driver problem. They recently added support for 2 ==> 4 x vtuner for the Solo2 and Duo2. This means it is possible to have 6 tuners for a solo2, or 8 tuners for a duo2 (2 x dual internal tuners + 4 x vtuners).

If my assumption is correct, VU+ need to fix their drivers to complete the extra tuners support that they have started. They advertise that the box can handle 16 x simultaneous recordings... so it would be logical to use up to 8 x tuners. The error shown in logs suggests that not enough demux instances are available.

I have posted this info at http://vuplus.com/index.html and the BlackHole site as well. I'm not sure what priority (if any) will be given to this issue. It may be quite simple to provide extra demux's... not sure.

Regards.

andyblac
29-10-13, 15:13
please report to VU.

Peterj
29-10-13, 15:20
They advertise that the box can handle 16 x simultaneous recordings...
This is in most optimal conditions: 2 internal dual tuners, each 4 channels on the same frequency (2x2x4=16).

stick50jr
30-10-13, 10:35
Yes, I agree you can get 16 programs from four transponders...

stick50jr
30-10-13, 10:36
please report to VU.

Yeah, I sent a message using their website proforma... is there any better way? A more direct email?

dfdream
30-10-13, 20:34
Bummer...
Have 4 Sat tuners in DUO2 and just got a pctv nanostick t2 290e to add to it for Terrestrial..
Not much good if I cant use it when the other tuners are busy...
Ah Well ..... LOL....

Previously I posted regarding having support for af9035 usb tuners... I was trying to get more tuners going to unlock the potential of the Duo2:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?31760-Duo2-Support-for-AF9035&p=242575&viewfull=1#post242575

Well, I was able to get hold of a second Hauppauge Nova TD device. Now my duo2 has 7 tuners! Internally a dual dvb-s2 and a dvb-c/t, and externally two dual dvb-t devices (4 x vtuners). All these tuners work well individually. I have been testing using simultaneous combinations of satellite, terrestrial, internal and external tuners using these 7 tuners.

The situation is that the Duo2 only supports 4 tuners!!! simultaneously. I cannot use >4 tuners without having restrictions. For example when 5 tuners are in use, then playback of files is impossible. It doesn't matter what type of tuners I use, 4 tuners works fine (any combination of dvb-S2, dvb-c/t, internal, external) including 4 x vtuner.

This problem exists for Vix, OpenPLi, BH, and Vuplus images. I believe this may be a VU+ driver problem. They recently added support for 2 ==> 4 x vtuner for the Solo2 and Duo2. This means it is possible to have 6 tuners for a solo2, or 8 tuners for a duo2 (2 x dual internal tuners + 4 x vtuners).

If my assumption is correct, VU+ need to fix their drivers to complete the extra tuners support that they have started. They advertise that the box can handle 16 x simultaneous recordings... so it would be logical to use up to 8 x tuners. The error shown in logs suggests that not enough demux instances are available.

I have posted this info at http://vuplus.com/index.html and the BlackHole site as well. I'm not sure what priority (if any) will be given to this issue. It may be quite simple to provide extra demux's... not sure.

Regards.

stick50jr
31-10-13, 01:37
Bummer...
Have 4 Sat tuners in DUO2 and just got a pctv nanostick t2 290e to add to it for Terrestrial..
Not much good if I cant use it when the other tuners are busy...
Ah Well ..... LOL....

Yeah, you'll still be able to use your tuners but not simultaneously... In your case, with 5 tuners, you'll be able to use all 5 simultaneously but the 5th use will prevent file playback.

The drivers allocate 5 demux's and the rationale was probably 1 for each tuner plus 1 for file playback. Now that they have support for > 4 tuners they should consider allocating 9 demux's.

Hope you will consider adding your voice to the call to VU+ to upgrade their drivers. :)

cheers