PDA

View Full Version : Change transcoding resolution in Duo2

neumann.tv
29-10-13, 08:09
Hi all,

the Duo2 works like a charm, quick, reliable and transcoding with mobile LTE *wow*.

But: I can't find a way to change the width and height of the transcoded signal.

In /etc/enigma2/settings you will find the typical bitrate and framerate settings which are accessibel via setup.

But there has to a way to change this. I trie to find the transcode plugin within the tree structure - does anyone have a clou?

As I have 10 megs of upload I really want to stream 5MB/s with the small HD resolution of 1280x720@25fps.

Any ideas?

Cheers Chris :rolleyes:

Trial
29-10-13, 11:24
Hi,
not possible right now. I do not know if ti will be possible in the future. Only VU+ can tell.

ciao

neumann.tv
31-10-13, 19:14
Hi,
not possible right now. I do not know if ti will be possible in the future. Only VU+ can tell.

ciao

To be honest: It's all linux based. So it is already possible. My problem is that I don't find the encoder in the enigma2 system.

Within VLC a typical transcode command looks like:

transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=4096,vfilter=canvas{width =640,height=480},acodec=mp2a,ab=192,scale=1,channe ls=2,deinterlace,audio-sync}

I would like to stream with less than 5MBits:

transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=4096,vfilter=canvas{width =1280,height=720},acodec=mp3a,ab=128,scale=1,chann els=2,deinterlace,audio-sync}

The golden question is: Where can I find it within the enigma2 linux and how can I recode it?

Cheers

Chris

Trial
31-10-13, 19:49
Hi,
you think is software only that you can change? Transcoding is done with the help of hardware and there can be a limitation. Only VU+ can tell. The software is transproxy or something like that.

ciao

neumann.tv
31-10-13, 20:26
What about the lavtc.sh script?

Looks like

lavtc.sh --resize=1280,720 should do the job. How does OpenWebIf call this script?

Cheers

Chris