PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Indication whether stable Image for online software update?

snoopy2013
28-10-13, 14:49
Hello,

maybe a stupid question from a new user / fan of your images:

On the page where you can official download all the Open Vix Images, it is always displayed the currently Image status (green or red).

Is it possible that by doing Software update, before the update really starts, this status (stable or not stable) is also displayed? Or does it means, when an available update is indicated by blinking icon in the skin, that it is always stable status?

Regards

Peterj
28-10-13, 15:08
Blinking red icon in your screen (press OK while watching TV) is unstable, blinking green is stable.

snoopy2013
28-10-13, 15:15
Oh, that's great.

This has not been noticed by me, because so far as the icon - when I looked at it consciously - always had the same Color (green ...) ;)

Thanks

satmanbasil
28-10-13, 15:36
Hi

Whenever the icon flashes albeit red or green i always restart the stb as in the past i found due to what updates were available if there was more than one ..original one could make the icon flash red and the next change to green by restarting i found the latest status of the build

Larry-G
28-10-13, 16:04
Hi

Whenever the icon flashes albeit red or green i always restart the stb as in the past i found due to what updates were available if there was more than one ..original one could make the icon flash red and the next change to green by restarting i found the latest status of the build

The easiest way is to just run through the initial part of the update as it polls the server for the image status first, you can then exit out of this screen without going through with the update and check the colour of the update icon to see if stable or not.