PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ DUO: strange issue with video format Pillarbox

stema76
28-10-13, 13:58
Hi Guys, good afternoon !
Hope you can help me to find a solution for this very strange problem: I'm not able anymore tho change the video option to Pillarbox (or anything else) for the TV programs in 4:3 format.
Each time I open the "A/V Settings" -> "Show contents in 4:3 as" (I don't know if it's the proper translation, I have it in italian) and try to change the option the system crashes and the enigma2 GUI restarts.
I just upgraded my Vu DUO to the last OS version but the problem still persist.
This is a problem because for some TV programs on SKY Italy (in particular the music channels) the format is still in 4:3 and if I'm not able to change it the TV image is not nice to see (very tall & thin people :-))

Thanks in advance to everybody,
Ciao

Rob van der Does
28-10-13, 14:20
What image are you using? And what build?
And please upload your crashlogs.

duoduo
28-10-13, 15:00
How did you update to the lastest version?

satmanbasil
28-10-13, 15:16
Hi mate

Problem with no option in the 4.3 line of the setup appeared after build 750 all i did was < > on the remote and the options should appear again on builds after 750 it may have been fixed by now but if not please try

regards

stema76
28-10-13, 15:49
Hi, thanks for the very quick replies.
The feature was properly working with OS version 3.0.763; it occurred for the first time when I upgraded to 766 and then to 770, using the "Software Update" of the menu.
Anyway, I flashed again the Vu DUO from scratch (with the last version) and it's working great.
In my opinion something went wrong while updating, and I tell you why: now in the "A/V Setting" I can see the new option "Automatic resolution" that was missing in the 3.0.770 installed as upgrade ... I don't know if I made myself clear enough.

Let me know if you need further details that may help.
Ciao.

2Hot
22-01-14, 20:25
Can Vix pls help fix this issue of the box crashing if I try to change video mode to Just Scale from Pillarbox?
The Vu Duo crashes every time I tried to do this and I am using the very latest Vu Duo built, I've same issue with older build though. I flashed using USB.

Larry-G
22-01-14, 20:45
Can Vix pls help fix this issue of the box crashing if I try to change video mode to Just Scale from Pillarbox?
The Vu Duo crashes every time I tried to do this and I am using the very latest Vu Duo built, I've same issue with older build though. I flashed using USB.

I have no such issue and i have flashed my receivers easily 20 times each in the past three weeks alone, although it is worth pointing out that i'm using as yet unreleased beta images.

Trial
22-01-14, 20:49
Hi,
what about a crashlog then itīs easier to help.

ciao

2Hot
22-01-14, 22:08
pls how to get crashlog?

judge
22-01-14, 22:10
It's in /home/root/logs/ by default.

2Hot
25-01-14, 15:36

firewall issue prevented me from uploading crash log earlier. pls here is it now.
thanks

2Hot
26-01-14, 20:42
any update on fix for Pillarbox selection crashing?