PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] vix summer time-winter time issue

cactikid
27-10-13, 21:41
probably an easy fix which i have not found yet,going to set a timer recording i see 1 hr out,rebooted box,downloaded epg again,checked settings in time and still in gmt location,is the only way to format usb and start again? cheers:thumbsup:

andyblac
27-10-13, 21:57
probably an easy fix which i have not found yet,going to set a timer recording i see 1 hr out,rebooted box,downloaded epg again,checked settings in time and still in gmt location,is the only way to format usb and start again? cheers:thumbsup:
make sure time is set by Transponder, is the easiest way

cactikid
27-10-13, 22:06
yes it says it is by transponder and rechecked mondays info again timer shows program at 19.00 and on tv guide/paper its 20.00,if it holds data for 7 days will a new download overwrite it or format time again and reset up again.:confused:

duoduo
27-10-13, 22:49
You can delete epg.dat and run crossepg again if it doesn't sort problem today/tomorrow, that way it will run 7 day a fresh

cactikid
27-10-13, 22:58
never done a delete of epg yet,any special way of doing it?

Larry-G
27-10-13, 23:16
never done a delete of epg yet,any special way of doing it?

yes, make sure you kill enigma first with a telnet session and the init 4 command then delete the epg.dat file via a FTP session and the EPG folders etc, once done reboot with the init 3 command via telnet and download the EPG again.

Burnham
28-10-13, 00:18
There are always these EPG problems when we switch from summer time to winter time and back again. Give it a day or two and it will sort it out itself.

I have just manually downloaded XMLTV and it's out by an hour, probably the same with a CrossEPG download.

judge
28-10-13, 00:20
There are always these EPG problems when we switch from summer time to winter time and back again. Give it a day or two and it will sort it out itself.

I've never had a single issue with this?

BubbleBalls
28-10-13, 00:42
Both Gigablue Quad and Vu+ Duo use these settings and changed without a single issue. 29844

Tapatalker

charliesen
28-10-13, 01:07
Both Gigablue Quad and Vu+ Duo use these settings and changed without a single issue. 29844

Tapatalker

I've got the same settings on my duo but i'm having problems with the epg.
I'll leave it till tomorrow and see what happens.

cactikid
28-10-13, 01:11
are you both trying to setup a timer recording?,not checked other boxes yet .how long do you have epg stored for?

BubbleBalls
28-10-13, 01:23
are you both trying to setup a timer recording?,not checked other boxes yet .how long do you have epg stored for?

Refresh (csv enabled and DL on tune) every 24 hrs at 4am for Quad and 7am for Duo.

Tapatalker

Burnham
28-10-13, 15:15
Don't worry, give it a few days and it sorts itself out.

sandiego69
29-10-13, 09:35
My problem is that although I have set CrossEpg to download at 07:00, since time change, it insists on downloading at 08:00. I have transponder time showing correctly.

Should I delete completely the epg.dat and start again.

Burnham
30-10-13, 17:39
Deleting your EPG will fix the problem immediately.

Another post recommends stopping enigma when you do this. Sequence is:
telnet: init 4

delete the epg.dat file on your usb or hdd

telnet: init 3

Then download EPG - either CrossEPG or XMLTV