PDA

View Full Version : V+ Solo2 newbie setup guide, plugins recommendation, settings etc

sagatr
27-10-13, 13:50
After weeks of research and considering many cheaper boxes i have finally bitten the bullet and bought the solo2 from the forum sponser.

I have been using the skybox f3 for the last 18 months trouble free. Decided to upgrade because i need an internal hdd and twin tuner. Fedup with updating the channel list etc.

I need advice on how the make the solo2 behave as close as a sky hd digibox as possible.

1. I need the channels to update automatically.
2. I need to record one channel while watching another.
3. 7 days epg
4. Streaming to my ipad
5. Transcoding so i can watch tv at work.
6. Remotly recording channels.
7. Setup cccam

I will be using vix image so i need some recommendation on useful plugins etc.

Any help and advise would be highly appreciated.

Stanman
27-10-13, 15:35
1. Enable autobouquetmaker in services menu and set up for your region with IMHO weekly updates.

2. You will need two separate cables going into the SOLO2 and box will be able to do this automatically - will need to set the tuners up in services and tuner configuration

3. What sat(s) if 28.2E than EPG and enable autodownload and use CROSSEPG - OPENTV 28.2E

4. Open the browser in your ipad and type in the box IP and can stream any channel or recorded movies - HD may be jerky depending on wireless strength etc.

5. never tried it but search forum and advice is there

6. never done it

7. Go to openvic.co.uk and download the IPK file, send it to the tmp folder of the box using filezilla FTP programm and than on remote press BLUE>VIX>install local extensons and green.
You will need to create your own config file though an notepad+++ is good for this.

Good luck

sagatr
27-10-13, 16:09
Thanks alot for those tips.

I will install a 1tb hdd. Any advice how to get that going so i can start recording.

Stanman
27-10-13, 17:27
Hook it up to the box, same as USB to mount blue button>VIX>mount manager

than go into HDD menu and initialise - this will format it.

Larry-G
27-10-13, 17:40
have a look here, there are a lot of tutorials that should help you.

http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/

sagatr
27-10-13, 19:59
Excellent guides. Exactly what i was looking for. Cheers.

jimmmmm
29-10-13, 12:03
5. Transcoding is standard on vu solo 2 with vix. To access externally from your LAN you need to open the relevant ports on your router and then depending on whether you have a dynamic or static IP from your ISP you may require a DNS (Search no-ip in google). These details can then be input to vu player on your iPad and you can access externally. Alternatively on a pc you can access through OpenWebif in a browser and stream through VLC player. Through Open Web IF you can also remotely access the functions available to you when watching the TV normally such as recording.

Google searches on all the above should provide good tutorials but if not I'm happy to answer more questions