PDA

View Full Version : How to download a recording to a usb memory stick?

Rod Stuart
27-10-13, 00:03
I have just bought a Vu+ solo2 (with 1tb hard drive)
I can find no instructions as to how I can use one of the 3 USB entrances to download a recording. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Stanman
27-10-13, 00:08
download recording from where to where?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

judge
27-10-13, 00:10
Presume you are recording to hdd?
And you want to copy that recording to a USB for some reason?
The more info you give, the better. Including image & build no. you are using...

BubbleBalls
27-10-13, 00:16
Bottom of screen in movie list gives colour button options. Green is move-select destination-box will do the rest though not instantly

Tapatalker

Rod Stuart
27-10-13, 01:03
I have recorded a TV programme on the internal hard drive. I would like to copy it to an external hard drive or a thumb drive via a USB entrance.

Rod Stuart
27-10-13, 01:13
I have just looked at the colour buttons on the recordings list and tried pressing the 'green'. It says "No tags are set". No idea what this means. I have downloaded a manual for Vu+ solo 2 but it says nothing about the internal hard drive, of course. I'm very new to this and would prefer to study a manual if it exists, rather than bother you guys!

Mr. Mister
27-10-13, 01:17
Why not just ftp the programme from one HDD to the other.. ?

Rob van der Does
27-10-13, 05:52
I have just looked at the colour buttons on the recordings list and tried pressing the 'green'. It says "No tags are set". No idea what this means. I have downloaded a manual for Vu+ solo 2 but it says nothing about the internal hard drive, of course. I'm very new to this and would prefer to study a manual if it exists, rather than bother you guys!
In the movie list press menu and then settings.
There you can assign functions to the colour buttons. Make sure that 'move' has been assigned to one of them.
Then return to the list, select the movie you want to move, and press the move-button.

And indeed: the manual you are using won't say anything about ViX.
Having said that: are you using ViX? You don't give us much to go on.

Rod Stuart
27-10-13, 10:41
Sounds wonderful, but I wouldn't know where to begin!

BubbleBalls
27-10-13, 10:43
Sounds wonderful, but I wouldn't know where to begin!

?

Tapatalker

Rod Stuart
27-10-13, 10:58
Sorry, I don't know what ViX is, or if I am using it!!
I went to the movie list menue, and there are no 'settings', just: delete/ alphabetic sort/list style default/list style compact with description/list style compact/list style single line/hide extended description.

BubbleBalls
27-10-13, 11:19
When you press menu button is there an "Information" screen available? If so it will list what software etc you are running.

Tapatalker

Rod Stuart
27-10-13, 11:58
Sorry, that was my reply to: "Why not just ftp the programme from one HDD to the other.. ?"
I have no idea what "ftp" is or how to do it.
I am beginning to think this machine is far too technical for a novice, should I keep trying, or send it back?! Do things get easier once it is running correctly? http://www.world-of-satellite.com/images/smilies/confused1.gif

Rod Stuart
27-10-13, 12:02
When I press the menu button I only get the things I put above, about titles. Nothing about information.

Rod Stuart
27-10-13, 12:23
With the initial menu there is "information about..." which gives:

Version: May 1013 -vu+ _ experimental_ factorytest
Image: Experimental- 2013- 05- 21
Frontprocesser version :0
Detected NIMs:

Tuner A: BCM 7356 DVB-S2 NIM (internal) (DVB-S2)
Tuner B: BCM 7356 DVB-S2 NIM (internal) (DVB-S2)

Detected HDD: ATA(HGST HTSS41010A9)
(1000.204 GB, 996716 MB free)

AJT
27-10-13, 12:40
Best thing to do is use a FTP programme like dreambox control center or filezilla etc. Then you can simply copy the file from your boxes hard drive to where ever you wish if you have a usb in computer copy directly there.Best thing would be to copy to computer and then convert it to any format you need.

AJT
27-10-13, 12:43
Best thing to do is use a FTP programme like dreambox control center or filezilla etc. Then you can simply copy the file from your boxes hard drive to where ever you wish if you have a usb in computer copy directly there.Best thing would be to copy to computer and then convert it to any format you need.Search the net for more answers.FTP is a major player with these boxes.

http://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=ftp+tutorial

BubbleBalls
28-10-13, 01:44
These type of Sat boxes are like home computers - they can run on operating systems like XP, Vista, Windows 7, Linux etc. Your box also runs different operating systems (known as images) To get detailed help people need to know what image you have on your box.

Stick with it as its very rewarding, though daunting to start with. This site is the support site for the VIX image - most replies will assume that you have VIX installed - though you may not.

A google on say "best image for Vu+" might give a starter guide.

For me VIX is the most user friendly image - simple to start with but huge options under the hood.

No matter what image you use you should state it at the start as it makes it much easier for people to help you. Hope you got sorted but as a noob please do not be put off if you find it difficult sorting something - we have all been there - there are no such things as silly questions (sorry, this stuck with me from my first job) so ask away.

Tapatalker

keeling54
28-10-13, 15:17
You could either FTP it using filezilla, copy it across onto your laptop/computer and then put it on the stick using VUCC or set the stick up so the programme records directly to it.