PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Backup restore from NAS

deleted
26-10-13, 19:37
When not having a HDD in your box and doing recordings to a NAS, what happens when you reflash and wanna do a backup restore? Can you mount the share and then restore or .....

Clabs
26-10-13, 20:20
When not having a HDD in your box and doing recordings to a NAS, what happens when you reflash and wanna do a backup restore? Can you mount the share and then restore or .....

I had pretty much this scenario today. I wanted to restore a receiver that has been used almost exclusively as a client with remotestreamconvert. I entirely forgot that I had pinched the HDD out of it for something else :eek: Not a problem, I thought because any backups I had done were being saved on the server HDD.

I flashed the client box then set the share up again and tried to restore. The restore progress window popped up.....and after about 20 seconds I got a "Time elapsed sorry" error message. I tried lots of times - restarted - tried different backups - all the same. I even tried mounting a USB stick and sticking the backup file on that - same error.

What did work for me was to do a factory reset - and then let the receiver detect that a backup was available. It seemed to take a long time but it got there in the end.

This was with an Ultimo, fresh flash to 766 and then restore to 766, BTW.

andyblac
26-10-13, 20:40
unfortunately restore via Wizard and Network mount is not possible as network has not been setup at that point.

best thing would be put the backup file on the usb stick you flash from.

Rob van der Does
26-10-13, 20:56
Or leave a (small) stick permanent plugged in (at the back, so not even visual). Ideal location for (automated) backups.