PDA

View Full Version : vix update

beck
26-10-13, 12:10
Hi after downloading a online update for vix this morning my box started to behave odd when I changed chan and had something in the top rite corner something about video with a load of diferrent numbers sorry but I'm new to this anyway lucky I did a full image backup on the 17/10/13 so I did a full image restore to this date and is back to normal but my question is now my green light that tells me there is a update to download is flashing again do I download it or stay clear as I have read on hear just now that there is a issue with a online download for vix but I couldn't make much sence on what I should do about this is if I download the update that is showing in my box again now will it the same thing happen to my box again and I have to restore to the date that everything was working fine if that the case I won't be able to update my box past this please can some on help and explain in simple turms what is going on with the fix image at the moment and advise me what should I be doing thanks kindly

Larry-G
26-10-13, 12:24
as per the numerous forum announcements this past week, you cant update the image from any build prior to 760 without causing problems. make a full settings backup and flash build 766 then restore that backup and go from there.

beck
26-10-13, 16:19
Thanks I sorted it I downloaded new image from of the box and downloaded it from there then used my backed up settings all is good now can download all new updates OK thanks mate for the help