PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Is there a parallel universe equivalent in vix?

boyofford
26-10-13, 09:12
Hi all,
New to vix, having been using blackhole.
Was wondering if there is a parallel universes equivalent?

Comes in handy for testing stuff and giving image more flash memory.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

boyofford
26-10-13, 09:15
I should add, my vix installation is currently running in meoboot via blackhole but I'm going to do a flash install of vix when get chance as does have some minor crashes. Read this setup ain't supported so fair enough.

Rob van der Does
26-10-13, 12:03
I should add, my vix installation is currently running in meoboot via blackhole but I'm going to do a flash install of vix when get chance as does have some minor crashes. Read this setup ain't supported so fair enough.
That's exactly the reason we can't support multi boot: it causes all kinds of issues and nobody can ever reproduce them.

And be fair: with all the backup facilities we have nowadays it's easy, safe and quick enough to flash an other image(backup).

Trial
26-10-13, 13:01
Hi,

Was wondering if there is a parallel universes equivalent?

sorry no.

ciao

boyofford
26-10-13, 15:08
That's exactly the reason we can't support multi boot: it causes all kinds of issues and nobody can ever reproduce them.

And be fair: with all the backup facilities we have nowadays it's easy, safe and quick enough to flash an other image(backup).

I only read later that vix in meoboot is not supported, not a problem, I'm happy with vix now so I'm going to replace blackhole with vix in flash and I have not asked about problems as figure they are likely to be caused by meoboot.

If not available then suppose can just use backups, I see in settings I can schedule backups, this looks very useful as I tend to forget about these.

I''m used to using parallel universes mainly for messing about with plugins, settings, or bits of code which often goes wrong!:o

Then I can simply go back to to main universe before bed so Mrs doesn't have a fit when she wants to watch tv!

As I said, no biggy, defo not a deal breaker.

Thanks.
Rich