PDA

View Full Version : Connect to slingbox help

boxer29
25-10-13, 18:36
Vu duo connected to tv via hdmi ,
Can I
Connect the slingbox via the. Component out /in of the vu duo box will the component out on the Vu duo work if it's connected to the tv via an hdmi cable .
How do I set up the slingbox thanks

boxer29
25-10-13, 18:38
It's a slingbox solo

boxer29
25-10-13, 18:42
I'm using vix

boxer29
25-10-13, 19:53
does vu+ du dual output simultaneously on hdmi and component on vix image

boxer29
25-10-13, 21:02
search and connected to slingbox with component ,
but the picture is coming with a red tint on it
any help
and how to set up the remote control to control vu
thanks

boxer29
25-10-13, 23:13
changed the a/v setting to ypbr ,reboot the system but still the same
connected to the composite cable and the colours are fine
whats the problem here
can any one confirm ,is the component cable faulty or
do i need to do other settings
thanks

boxer29
26-10-13, 00:38
got the channels working ,but remote cant seem to work to change channels
tried the file in here V2010 place it in the folder on c:/ but still it doesn't work
any comments
thanks

Burnham
26-10-13, 21:01
The instructions for the remote file - V2010_RV.bin - are

"Put the files into your C:\Program Files\Sling Media\Slingplayer\SBAV\ folder. Now go into Slingplayer and run Setup Assistant and 'Configure Video Sources'. Work through the screens Making sure you select 'Standalone DVR' as the device type (regardless of the type of your device)."

My RC works fine after I followed all the instructions in the readme(DVR).txt file.

boxer29
26-10-13, 22:41
i did that followed all the instructions after downloading the file from link in the slingplayer support section but still no luck with the remote for my vu duo ,the ir are working i have checked them with a camera
where abouts on your vu duo you have placed the 2 ir from the slingbox .
im naming the file V2010 in the slingplayer set up is that right
i tried placing them on the left corner of the lcd which shows channel nos ,one top end and one on the bottrom end ,but still no luck
can you confirm the positioning.
have you connected it with component or composite ,mine component would give a blue tinge on the screen not the proper colour ,but the composite cable show the colour normal .
can you tell me whats your set up , i might be doing something wrong
thanks
getting fed up of using the vu+ player remote app for not 2

boxer29
27-10-13, 09:14
@burnham which image you use?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

Burnham
28-10-13, 01:25
Slingbox will work on any image - I am on 750 now. Slingbox just transfers IR commands.

You don't need to use both transmitters, one will do. The IR receiver on the Duo is just to the left of the VFD. From your description you have the transmitter in the correct position. I use composite, and video is ok. Not tried component.

I am using the old style PC Desktop Slingplayer, not the current web based version. You have to search for the Desktop version.

boxer29
28-10-13, 22:14
when i tried to connect with component the picture gives me a blue tinge can you check if your sling player does that
i have changed the wires
also tried it on the slingbox pro hd box but still same results ,have tweaked the saturation to min but a bit improvement but not as i see when i get connected to componenet video
can you check yours and report please
mine remote is still not working how much the ir eye need to be out from the box for it to work are you placing in on the top of the box or at bottom , iam trying to put top and bottom

boxer29
28-10-13, 22:49
got the remote control to work used one ir eye and placed it at the bottom of the box and its 1.5 inch out of the box
,still problem with the picuture quality its got a blue/purplish tinge on the component cable ,coming fine on the composite ,dont want to use any other output as its a pro hd box
can you try your component and tell me what sort of pic you get
thanks

Burnham
30-10-13, 17:30
Well done to get the remote control to work - mine is on the top of the box, can't see it makes much difference as long as it points to the IR receiver.

The blue/purplish tinge on component output is a settings problem - I had the same problem when I first set up my Duo v2.3. I have posted the settings that fixed my component output in your other thread.

I don't use the component output for the Slingbox as I need component for a 2nd TV. I use the composite output, and it is ok.

Been busy for two days, or would have posted before.

dh4rms
13-05-14, 23:16
Hi All, sounds like you got this working, but i haven't soooo could really do with some help please.
Using vu+ solo2 with helios 016 software.
Slingbox hd pro, hdmi spliter (1 output direct to TV other to hd fury3 hdmi to component, then component from hd fury3 to slongbox)
I ran the slingbox setup assistant from windows PC after putting the remote files in the program files.....sbav folder, remote works but no picture :-(
I'm not sure why my other sat box (sky) using hdmi exactly the same way works but I can't get he picture form the vu+ solo2 to go trough to the slingbox.

appreciae any help or advise please.

timofee
14-05-14, 14:12
Guess it's a problem with the video output - but I have no idea why your sky box works and not the VU+ Solo

I suggest trying a different output from the VU+ Solo - eg the CVBS or SCART.

dh4rms
15-05-14, 22:36
Hi all figured it out, the slingbox pro hd or the hd fury 3 and splitter is/are capable of 1080i not 1080p, changed that, programmed the correct remote config. Now only need to figure out how to configure the sling catcher remote