PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] AutoResolution

Stales
25-10-13, 15:07
Hi guys,
Having upgraded to 766 today, my picture resolution is awful on SD including blurred menus and EPG. Readable but blurred. In AV setting on my VU Solo2 I have tried all settings on the Automatic resolution and still awful. I have now left this disabled. Why has the option to set the resolution manually been removed (or am I missing something?). I previously had it set to 1080p 60Hz and all was fine. I personally do not like auto resolution in general as I don't like the delay whilst it changes resolution on changing channels but the blurred menus and epg are really bad for me.

Thanks Stales.

Stales
25-10-13, 17:03
Sorry, just seen the other thread about needing to be a usb flash update, had done online. Please feel free to delete this thread.
Thanks, Stales

AmardeepAujla
27-11-13, 22:40
Hi, I did a USB flash of v793 and I can see the options for the Autoresolution plugin but I can't find the setting for the default video output resolution. I have disabled the autores option in the Video menu, but no matter which settings I try in the Autoresolution plugin I cannot get it to work... it always seems to output at the broadcast resolution and it stutters as I switch between SD and HD channels. This happens even if I disable the plugin.

andyblac
28-11-13, 10:20
Hi, I did a USB flash of v793 and I can see the options for the Autoresolution plugin but I can't find the setting for the default video output resolution. I have disabled the autores option in the Video menu, but no matter which settings I try in the Autoresolution plugin I cannot get it to work... it always seems to output at the broadcast resolution and it stutters as I switch between SD and HD channels. This happens even if I disable the plugin.

to use ViX new auto res, you need to remove the old plugin.

AmardeepAujla
30-11-13, 20:13
Thanks andyblac, I've tried removing the autoresolution plugin and enabling autores in the video menu. I've also triedreinstalling the autoresolution plugin and disabling autores in the video menu. Either way, I get the same result... no way to stop the from switching the output resolution when flicking between HD and SD.

The AspectRatioSwitch plugin also does not work on the updated image. I've always had it programmed to the "help" key, but now it crashes the box and I get the "We're sorry... Your receiver had encountered a software problem" message.

andyblac
03-12-13, 12:16
Thanks andyblac, I've tried removing the autoresolution plugin and enabling autores in the video menu. I've also triedreinstalling the autoresolution plugin and disabling autores in the video menu. Either way, I get the same result... no way to stop the from switching the output resolution when flicking between HD and SD.

The AspectRatioSwitch plugin also does not work on the updated image. I've always had it programmed to the "help" key, but now it crashes the box and I get the "We're sorry... Your receiver had encountered a software problem" message.

post the log, not sure if the 3rd party plugin can be made to work, but a lot of people have been asking, personally i do not see the point, but pst a log i'll take a look