PDA

View Full Version : Replace Picons

ashthekid
25-10-13, 12:06
Got my new Solo2 recently and downloaded picons plugin but now I've changed my skin they are not viewable very easily because of transparency and enlarged ones on infobar are really bad and pixelated. I've tried downloading a new set of HD picons but when it opens up the download console window it says it clashes with my current picons so doesn't download as it doesn't give me the option to overwrite them.
How do I delete the picons and start again?
Can I just FTP into my Solo2, go to the directory where the picons are saved (i.e. /media/hdd/picon) and delete them? There is something like 7000+ png files in there. Surely I don't need all of them when I'm only accessing 28.2e.

Some Sky UK channels are missing picons. e.g. More4

Mr. Mister
25-10-13, 12:12
To delete your old picons..
Put your old skin back on again.. Then restart Enigma..
Long press Blue button
Then Red button..
Go to picons.. and delete from there..
then change to your new skin..
And FTP your desired picons into flash..

Its not recommended that you put your picons onto HDD as channel change times will go up to 3-4 seconds.. As you will have to wait on your HDD to spin up to speed before it finds the desired picon..

garyblas
25-10-13, 12:18
Has anybody noticed some Picons now not displaying since channel changes - BT Sports, Setanta etc.
Not sure if they were working pre 760 software upgrade ?

ashthekid
25-10-13, 12:20
Just saw your post. I literally just deleted them from the hdd via ftp and then downloaded again via plugin menu to hdd. All up and running with better versions now, just no picons for BT Sports or Setanta.
How do I get just those channel picons?

I didn't know running them off hdd slows down channel change. Can't say I've noticed it to be honest, ideally don't want to have a usb stick left plugged in if I can help it but might test out to compare.

Mr. Mister
25-10-13, 12:21
Has anybody noticed some Picons now not displaying since channel changes - BT Sports, Setanta etc.

All working on mmcmedia latest black picons.. apart from the few changes since his last update..

Larry-G
25-10-13, 12:21

Nothing to do with the image, there were several hundred frequency and transponder changes just over a week ago which meant that all the picons had to be updated individually.

garyblas
25-10-13, 12:25
Nothing to do with the image, there were several hundred frequency and transponder changes just over a week ago which meant that all the picons had to be updated individually.

Yes i guessed it was freq changes. How do you update individually or has someone already done this?

Larry-G
25-10-13, 12:27
usually the picon packs author does the updates but if you want to, you will need to grab the service reference id data from the channel in question then edit he individual picon with that data ( a very long and laborious task ).

Mr. Mister
25-10-13, 12:27
Easiest way is to delete your old picon folder.. and just ftp your new set into flash..

garyblas
25-10-13, 12:34
Easiest way is to delete your old picon folder.. and just ftp your new set into flash..

Will do when someone brings out new version to cover these changes. :cool:

Mr. Mister
25-10-13, 13:04
As i have already said in post #5..

There are only about 6 picons that have not been updated in mmcmedia black picons.. And those are obscure channels that me personally do not watch..

All sports, movies doc`s etc etc are all upto date..

AJT
25-10-13, 19:40
I use the HD reflection black 28.2e from feeds and perfect every time.
If your picons are not displaying you need to update your bouquets then uninstall picons restart enigma and then reinstall picons.
or sometimes in channel list press red on remote for all channels and see if the channel you want is there with its picon and add it to your bouquet.