PDA

View Full Version : Problem with composite out

ibruceuk
25-10-13, 11:23
Hi,

I am having a weird problem with the composite out on my QUAD.

From time to time when I turn on the TV attached to the composite output (via an RF modulator) the video image is roughly a quarter of the screen (top right almost). Almost like a PiP but not. The channel bar and menu and EPG etc are full screen (well actually go off the edge of the screen but I think that's the modulator's fault).

If I go into AV settings and change anything such as 1080p to 1080i and back again or from multi to 50Hz and back, then it goes fine and the video is full screen sized again...

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Cheers

Rob van der Does
25-10-13, 11:36
In AV-settings you should set the scart-settings for composite to match with what you want it to be.

If I understand you correct, you were changing the HDMI-settings; those won't influence the composite output.

ibruceuk
25-10-13, 12:22
Thanks for your reply.

Forgive me but I don't recall seeing a scart output option on the AV settings (I'm at work currently so can't check I'm afraid).

Changing the HDMI settings (although you're right it should have no effect on composite) does fix the issue though.

Rob van der Does
25-10-13, 12:26
Ahh, indeed, the Quad has no scart-connector. So that would explain that scart doesn't show in AV-settings.
Anyway: good to see the issue is sorted for you.

Is there any other option in your AV-settings that shows composite (although I wouldn't think so, as it's probably a fixed format)? I can wait until you're home again.

ibruceuk
25-10-13, 12:28
No there's no other options just HDMI ones.

It does fix the issue albeit only temporarily.

I just thought it might coincide with me having used streaming through the web-if. I will experiment tonight and get back to you...

Rob van der Does
25-10-13, 12:49
No there's no other options just HDMI ones.
Are you sure? That would mean that the Component connection is not configurable :confused:

ibruceuk
25-10-13, 12:51
From memory I can't remember but I'll look tonight and feedback. Apologies I can't be more forthcoming right now.